• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gravity physics type game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I do not know if this is possible, but is there a way to give objects gravity or an attractive force due to size in warcraft III?

Let me explain:

Something sort of like what is found here: Cosmic Crush - CrazyMonkeyGames.com Best bet when you go there is to use the levels mode - its a larger 'map' and the physics appear to be somewhat better.

The rocks and the planets all have "gravity" meaning they attract each other which has a direct impact upon the trajectory of the 'player unit'.

I have at least a few 'gravity physics' game ideas the main issue (thus far) is figuring out a method to make 'attraction' between bodies.

Level 13
I do not know if this is possible, but is there a way to give objects gravity or an attractive force due to size in warcraft III?

Let me explain:

Something sort of like what is found here: Cosmic Crush - CrazyMonkeyGames.com Best bet when you go there is to use the levels mode - its a larger 'map' and the physics appear to be somewhat better.

The rocks and the planets all have "gravity" meaning they attract each other which has a direct impact upon the trajectory of the 'player unit'.

I have at least a few 'gravity physics' game ideas the main issue (thus far) is figuring out a method to make 'attraction' between bodies.

I think its possible, but not really usable (if you pick and move unit it really cannot do anyuthing) so...

Level 8
I think its possible, but not really usable (if you pick and move unit it really cannot do anyuthing) so...

What if we do not select the unit? Meaning instead of selecting the unit we have the arrow keys tied to moving a unit - not necessarily a unit owned by the player?

Level 12
It would be the start of a whole new series of maps using phsysics
I think you should do it
But thats just me

I couldn't even if I wanted to since I have no comp

I also Hate asking fore requests because It makes me feel weak T_________T

Level 7
Lol. I've trying to get a nice beefy physics system in my map, but I've left it until I could create natives for it (for Z etc).

My only contribution that I can think of is that you could do something like.
In X radius around Planet, Pick every unit then
call set UnitX/Y to PolarProjection (from unit to planet) Position of Unit + Mass(of unit)*Gravity(of Planet).

Hopefully you can read that, because I can't remember exact syntax, I'm sneaking this post in at my mum's office.

But I think that could take care of your gravity, and I was told by MindWOrx I believe that using
call SetUnitX doesn not interfere with the units current orders, so you can bounce him all around with it, and he'll carry on trying to get to where he was going.

My 2 cents, hope it helps.

(I just looked at SEE. It sounds AWESOME! I'm gonna dl it at home TONIGHT!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.