• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good & Evil II Map review request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Howdy there! I hope I'm posting this in the right spot...
Basically, I'm just looking to get my RPG Map "Good & Evil II" Reviewed, it had a really rough launch due to the patch 1.31.1 breaking a lot of triggers, and causing many bugs...

This is very important, my map Good an Evil 2 only works for patch 1.30.4! It's most unfortunate, but it's something out of my control...

Anyhow~ Yeah just kinda hoping for some feedback or something :p Like....is the story any good? is there things that need fixing?
It's by all means not perfect...But i had a lot of fun with this 5 year project and hope maybe someone else enjoys it. :)

Again, this map will not work on 1.31.1! It only works on 1.30.4 * Really hoping blizzard will release a non broken patch one of these days :/

Good & Evil II Between Worlds V 0.4 For Patch 1.30.4 wc3

full

full

full

Last edited:
Level 7
It should really have a quest log so that you know where to go next and recap the plot, and the sidequests to explain how the map's mechanics work (job classes, minigames, transport...).

Skippable cutscenes would be a great help as well.

Oh hey! Thanks a bunch! those are really good ideas :D I was actually thinking about adding a quest log eventually.

It may take a little longer for the Skippable cutscenes sadly, I've never tried that in the triggers before. But I'll try looking for a tutorial. Thanks a lot for the advice!

But why post something like this?
I mean people will play the map if they find it interesting.

I noticed others had posted map review requests for their maps so....I figured I'd try that out. Maybe get some more feedback :/

Last edited:
Level 23
Oh hey! Thanks a bunch! those are really good ideas :D I was actually thinking about adding a quest log eventually.

It may take a little longer for the Skippable cutscenes sadly, I've never tried that in the triggers before. But I'll try looking for a tutorial. Thanks a lot for the advice!

I noticed others had posted map review requests for their maps so....I figured I'd try that out. Maybe get some more feedback :/
If GvE II has as many cutscenes as the first one, I would say do not even bother with cinematic skipping. People who end up playing the map to the end will be ones who want to watch the cinematics. Most people who stop playing cinematic-heavy maps under the pretence of cutscenes not being skipable would likely not finish those maps even if they were skipable.

Patch 1.32 should be out on 29/10/20, so by that time, all the 1.31 bugs will hopefully be fixed, and then people will naturally play your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.