• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Mercenary

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Will fight for you for enough gold

Update:Fixed decay animation,Change kobold death sound,Change shirt color
Update:More TC

Please give me a credit if you use or edit this model

Keywords:
Goblin, mercenary, green, pike, armor, small, gold
Contents

Goblin Mercenary (Model)

Goblin Mercenary (Model)

Reviews
Misha 28th Aug 2013 Moderator's Review: I like this little guy c: although, you could wrap the metal top of each of his weapons, so it isn't stretched like that also you could convert all those helpers to bone (open mdl with notepad +...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
28th Aug 2013
Moderator's Review:

I like this little guy c: although, you could wrap the metal top of each of his weapons, so it isn't stretched like that

also you could convert all those helpers to bone (open mdl with notepad + find/replace "helper" with "bone" save when exiting and convert back) and simply use mdlvis to remove all those unneeded bones like tail, candle, and so on..

Level 26
Not bad. I've pondered about using that animation set, but it never turned out well for me.
You managed to do it with this one though. ;D

Not bad. Interesting idea, though I'm a little concerned about the non-Goblin-y proportions. Still, nice and simple.

Eh, proportions are alright, but he could definitely use more Team-Color than just the ribbon on the spear.

Well, he could TC the helmet. That's what I tend to do with my goblin models.

This is great! You did a good job of making him buff while still preserving the look of a goblin.

Quite an original choice of kobold animations; I rarely see them used as they are difficult to effectively pull off.

Goblins fighting with melee weapons isn't something we see often around here, this can definitely be useful.

Lastly, I'm a sucker for good shoulder pauldrons, and these ones have got me.

5/5.

Level 26
This is great! You did a good job of making him buff while still preserving the look of a goblin.

Quite an original choice of kobold animations; I rarely see them used as they are difficult to effectively pull off.

Goblins fighting with melee weapons isn't something we see often around here, this can definitely be useful.

Lastly, I'm a sucker for good shoulder pauldrons, and these ones have got me.

5/5.
Cool, first time in my life I see you rank something higher than 4/5

Why the images won't change?:vw_wtf:?
Takes a while to update. No worries. I can already see something changing. I'd TC the shoulder protectors if I were you, but not bad. It does look better than before. I also think it would look better if you replaced the spike with either a TC'd spike or maybe like some kind of lamp. If the hat has a lamp, he'd look like a miner. ;P