• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GLYPHs

This is a glyph-spellpack.
All spells are mui/mpi and designed to bring up some unique effects to your map.

Inside are six different spells being fully mui and easily coded, just ready for exporting them into your map.
9003801417024626103200925.jpg

Summons a glyph blessed by nature, healing all friendly units on it for 400 HP over 10 seconds

5103651436022326743200944.jpg

Summons a demonic glyph filled with unholy powers. It unleashes powerful shards damaging every enemy unit around the glyph.

9003141448023226360200967.jpg

Summons a glyph imbued with fire. As the glyph is created, it hurls out a heavy fireblast, dealing massive damage to every enemy unit.

8203951418025326137200968.jpg

Summons a glyph which beholds the control of the timeflow, making it able to stop the circle of life of enemies in the targeted area

5403191426026326125200948.jpg

Summons a glyph on the ground which holds a powerful spell. As soon as it is summoned, it will blast the enemies upon the glyph with energy

6303321460028826659200947.jpg

Summons a liquid glyph of water which brusts out waves into six directions dealing damage to every enemy who gets hit

Keywords:
glyphs, mui, mpi, spellpack, squiggy, epic, lulz, spells, fire, doom, water, terror, time, nature
Contents

GLYPHS (Map)

Reviews
12:05, 5th Feb 2009 Hanky: Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating. Documentation: 5 Visual Effects: 4 Triggering: 4 Idea: 5 The triggering could be in some ways abit better and also the use of visual...

M

12:05, 5th Feb 2009
Hanky:
Evaluation

Rating Points
Advice: 5 points are the highest rating and 1 point is the lowest rating.

Documentation: 5
Visual Effects: 4
Triggering: 4
Idea: 5
Rating Comment

The triggering could be in some ways abit better and also the use of visual effects isn't perfect but apart from that the spells are really nice.

Also the idea to make such a spellpack with a theme like this is very original, good job.
Advice: If you didn't understood my rating or if you maybe have questions because you don't know how to fix bugs or leaks etc. You can always send a private message to me. I will answer as soon I got time.

Level 1
downloaded it.. tested it.. and concluded:
AWESOME..:grin:

just one tiny thing that is disliked.. and that is the vision that the glyphs give..

Level 11
I haven't seen anything interesting, new or unique here. Just a collection of "Spawn Unit - Order Unit" actions. And I also can't understand, why you are so excited by this... However, it's MUI, but all of these spells don't support multi-level. Really, I dislike to give bas marks, but this spells are just useless ;(

Level 28
I haven't seen anything interesting, new or unique here. Just a collection of "Spawn Unit - Order Unit" actions. And I also can't understand, why you are so excited by this... However, it's MUI, but all of these spells don't support multi-level. Really, I dislike to give bas marks, but this spells are just useless ;(
I doubt you've seen this ;)

Level 11
Why? oO

This thread is for these particular spells.

Talking about your Demonic Rampage: I saw. However, I wasn't commenting resources that time, just looking =) And in any way, these two spellmaps are different, I'm judjing only on it.

Level 1

why I realy like it:
-for me it looks new and refreshing..
-its finaly something that (in my opinion) looks realy great for "Just a collection of "Spawn Unit - Order Unit" actions."
-its inspiring
-it has it looks

second(all in my oppinion):
i'm learning to program java @ school and i have done a lot of rubish in the word editor using trigers.. so i know ow hard it is sometimes to create easy things (yeh sometimes easy things are hard).. I only judge on MUI and LOOKS, possibility for more levels is third to come.. and that's gives a challenge when you want to have it with multiple levels..

I doubt you've seen this ;)
no i hadn't.. buts it a bit to shiny (feels overdone to me)

and Aspard you probably have your one things with you use to judge maps

Level 25
As much as i would like to say this is a thing i never saw in my life it wouldn't be true....
The glyph idea is good, the glyphs themselves aren't....
Example:
Glyph of nature should have at the least some more effect like upon casting all trees in the area come to life to serve the caster as treants upon dying/expiring they return to their tree form.
Glyph of doom should have example an aura granting that units that die while under it release a chaos spawn or such.
And not to say anything more this is basic triggering + cleaning of leaks you cannot expect to get 5/5 on these spells.
Where the idea is nice the real part ain't, their usability is questioned as is their existence cause some lose their effectivness compared to others...
Cause i dislike giving bad ratings i will sustain myself from rating though i think these spells as they are deserve a 3/5 only cuz they are MUI and the idea is nice.

Level 9
You got some nice spells.
However they lack of features, someone as said something about the nearby trees transform into treants or something, that is a really nice feature for the glyph of nature.

Also about your coding, I guess storing a special effect in a variable and then destroy it through JASS is less efficient than destroy directly, I'm not sure about this, but you're using more memory when you store a value to a varible so..
Also you don't need to use expiration timer actions when your dummy isn't a controllable one. Just set his life to how many seconds you want and then set his life regeneration to -1.00 and it will do the work.

[EDIT] And another thing, your special effects are too stopped, try to make them more dynamic.