• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glyphs 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
186388-albums6678-picture91600.png

Hello to everyone who reads this. The image you see above is a simple description of a major change that I am currently planning to create. It will change the game in a significant way, however I am not personally sure if it would be positive or not. That's why I need your help. To get you more familiar on what's going on:

• In the left box you see the Glyph System as it exists today: you have a Glyph Inventory and the glyphs you select go in the inventory. You have multiple glyphs to choose from, but limited amount of selection slots. When the Glyphs Menu is opened all heroes have access to the same glyphs. Also, we have the full plate of 30 available heroes.
• In the right box you see the Glyph System as I plan to change it: you have a Glyph Inventory and the glyphs you select go in the inventory. You have multiple glyphs to choose from, but limited amount of selection slots. When the Glyphs Menu is opened each hero has unique Glyphs specific to him. Some heroes will have to be removed in the process.

Let's give examples:
-Let's imagine you are a Death Knight. Currently the Death Knight has the Blood Presence spell which increases his health every time he casts a spell. With the NEW glyph system you may be able to replace Blood Presence with Unholy Presence which increases attack damage the more spells the Death Knight casts. You can already see that with 1 glyph you can entirely change the way your hero works.
-Another example: Let's say you are a Shaman. You may prefer focusing more on the healing role. The NEW glyphs system may offer you the option to empower your Riptide periodic healing. It may replace Flametongue Totem with Healing Totem to further make you a better healer. You may like to stick to dealing damage. The new system may offer you the option to increase the damage of Chain Lightning or perhaps make it stun?
-The options are quite a lot, but it all comes with the price of saying goodbye to some existing heroes.

Do you like the idea? Or maybe not? Do you think it would break the game? Do you think it's better than it is right now? If you see this link, you most likely can give me feedback in some way, so feel free to do so. Even if you don't, you can let me know which system you prefer in this poll. Keep in mind that this is only planned now and nothing is decided yet. Your opinion on this matter will be the factor that leads into the decison about which Glyph system is better. Thanks!

Level 1
All ok.
Well,the update i want to see most is let the boss war become more passionate.Such as hard to beat the boss until you find his weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.