• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] How to make a self selling unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, kind of a stupid question but couldnt find any article on it so here goes:

How do you make a unit thats a seller but sells items only to himself?
like for example, in sunken city when you select glyphs, the book shrine sells the glyph item to itself and then i presume the trigger is "unit aquired this item = gib dis effect" blah blah and thats kinda what i need, a unit that will be like a selector. Like it will have 3 items that will be Easy Normal and Hard difficulty, and the self selling unit will have 1 inventory spot, and when you buy the... normal for example, i will trigger it to spawn monsters in the area with the normal difficulty stats, but i cant figure out how to make the self itemselling unit

i tried a dummy locust unit near the other selling unit or the unit to have inventory itself, but it always just drops the item on the ground instead of putting it in its own inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.