• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

-sell rpg command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm planning to make an rpg and I need to know how I can make a trigger that targets any item in the world, not in a heroes inventory.

What I'm trying to do is, that players can store or sell items they find but can't carry, by saying -sell or -store, I tried a few things but I can't find it on my own. Example: a player selects an item, he types "-sell" and the item is being sold. Or he types "-store" and the item is stored in a personal bank

I'll keep looking on my own, but I'll give my eternal thanks to all who can gimme some advice on how solving this this problem.

Last edited:
Level 17
If I were you, I would just use another unit that would follow your hero around as a packmule.
What you say can't be done exactly as you want it to be done, you would have to find walkarounds (is that a real word? walkaround) and it would take long to find and make a solution.
Players are lazy to type in a game, most of the time. They wouldn't like it too much. If you would have a packmule following around your hero you could just give it abilities like "Turn item slot 1 into gold", "Scottie, beam up item slot 2 into the bank" and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.