• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Market wont sell items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello again guys. I have a problem with my custom race, I created a building that can be upgraded one time, and that upgraded building can sell items (the first one cant).
I tried a lot of things but none of them seems to work. If the building that sells items is an independent one, it sells as normal, but if it is an upgrade, it won't. I even tried that the original building can be upgraded to an arcane vault (to ensure that I'm not doing anything wrong with the custom market building), and the arcane vault itself won't sell any item if it comes from an upgrade :/

How can I make a building that is an upgrade from another one, can sell items? It has the shop sharing and shop purchase items abilities, but still does nothing.

Level 2
You could trigger an event of finishes upgrade and then replace the upgraded structure with the same structure and see if that works.

Genius!! :p It works but I don't know well how to make the trigger, as far as I did, the building just explodes and takes no time to construct the other one, I mean the "upgraded" building just appears in the explosion of the previous structure. At least now it sells the items, but I can't manage to shut down the explosion animation and that the building actually takes time to be upgraded.

Thank you for your help!!

Level 19
You can set the first building's death animation as "does not decay does not raise", im not sure if this ll work maybe it is because the model has the explosion animaiton in itself.

If this doesnt work try, "removing" instead of "killing" the building that way the player wont notice the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.