• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glyph of Fotification Skill Like on DOTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I dont know if this is the right place to post.
And i also dont know if anyone had asked this question before.

Anyone who knows the trigger for the Glyph of Fortification spell that makes all structural units armor 99999 for 5 seconds and also A team cooldown for it and The original glyph of fortification does it do the same eay like DOTA if anyone knew it.
Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
Level 12
The best place to ask DotA specific questions is the playdota mechanics forum.

The Glyph of Fortification is a simple dummy channel abilty. When a player uses it a trigger orders all other Circles to use it too so it goes on cooldown in the whole team. Then some visual effect, a spell damage reduction ability and an item armor bonus are added to the towers for a short period of time.

Level 2

The Glyph of Fortification is a simple dummy channel abilty. When a player uses it a trigger orders all other Circles to use it too so it goes on cooldown in the whole team. Then some visual effect, a spell damage reduction ability and an item armor bonus are added to the towers for a short period of time.

Thank you for that now i know what to do.

Level 29
Wait, why does it add a SDamage Reduction?

I8VIEH0.png

Level 2

I have questions :
First where can i find that Dota mechanics forum
second can you give an example trigger of Glyph of Fortification?
if you dont mind ..
thank you in advance:)

Level 12
Well you can find it easily via google.
There are some general mechanics and the advanced guides which would be worth looking at.

Here is a rough simplified trigger example:
  • Glyph is cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Ability being cast) Equal to Glyph ) and (manuallyCasted Equal to True)
    • Actions
      • Set manuallyCasted = False
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Circle of Power) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to "base spell of dummy ability"
      • Set manuallyCasted = True
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type "buildings of that team") and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add Item Armor Bonus (+10) to (Picked unit)
      • Countdown Timer - Start timerToRemoveBonus as a One-shot timer that will expire in 5.00 seconds
Note the small unit group leak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.