• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
1)I think i mentioned this before but Evasion should be an expertise of melee "light" classes, such as Monk, Assassin, Bard. Now i KNOW that evasion works as block for classes that wield a shield but the thing is that Crus has already too high Evasion and Assassin very very low and it shouldnt be this way.

2)Think of it please!
Ok what im going suggest below is something very different for Gaias, so i want u to stay openminded and dont act like fun boys.
When the time came and i wanted to check Berserker i couldnt help myself but think that big cooldowns are bad indeed. And again, i think i have mentioned this before, but what if we get rid of CDs and instead have Mana cost only for abilties? The costs will depend on the skills' usefulness.

Skills that have no reason to have CD. One simple example is Heaven's Edge. Why not use the ability many times as long as u have the mana?
Skills such as Demoralizing Shout wont be needed spam simply because they last a specific amount of seconds so spaming it will be dumb.
And you might say: So we can basically perma Stun a boss?? MY answer to that is that if u want to run out of mana in the first minute of the fight, then yes. But as far as i know bosses dont die that easy and there is also aggro managing so u cant just spam abilities and QQ it. Also, when u have stun cd ready you never spam it on the boss, u always wait for the right moment, to either interrupt the boss or stun it when its chasing a target that is shouldnt etc etc.
Without CDs the game will become truelly dynamic and way more interesting and complex. Now you will be able to notice each player's skill, how good he is at timing and managing his abilities.
The only thing thats needed in a system like this is a good balancing of MP costs. If thats done properly then i think the game will reach another lvl of fun aspect.
Also mana giving skills will become wayyyy more useful for all classes instead of some.

Level 5
Evasion is the core defensive mechanic of all dps classes imo.What you are suggesting will turn mage/psion into classes with no defense .Also for crusaders you think the most capable of knights have survived countless battles by taking every attack head on ? No ofcourse they dodge some so Evasion is natural to even the heavy armored classes

Level 1
Mages are not supposed to have Evasion unless they have some kind of special ability, buff or whatever. Psion is totally different thing.
The rest of your comment isnt something that even needs reply.

Level 1
Necromancer

Frost Cage (skill re-make)
If im not mistaken this skill doesnt work on bosses?
So what i suggest is reduce its length to 10 instead of 20 (20 seems kind of too long).
Make it freeze bosses for 1 second then slow the movement and attack speed (based on SP or standard value) of the boss for another 3-5 seconds.
With the talent upgrade at lvl 35 the freeze on bosses will become 2 seconds and will either reduce slow movement/attack speed of the boss for longer time or slow for higher value (stronger slow).

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
@MiroBG taking your opponent's hit on your armor used to be popular strat unless he had serious blunt weapon. Plate armors were designed to withstand hits. It's always funny when you see ppl cutting thru plate like it was butter in historical movies xD

Level 1
Zwieb i cant say your reply on Evasion explains all but ok. I respect your work anyway.
But i guess u dont mind reading me explaining my thoughts on it. After all, it might just stay an opinion and never become reality.
I want you to know that i do undestand that what i will suggest below requires development/time/effort and there are other priorities first (im not braindead) but i cant help myself, i need to share these thoughts with you since i like this map so much.
So what im going to write below is OFC my opinion (what else could it be? :D ) and suggestion.

Distinguishing the difference in Evasion and Block.

-Block-

Give classes the ability to block with Shields and Weapons.
Add Block statistics on the stats' board -> Block Chance and Block Amount (how much dmg you block). Heavier items will tend to have higher Block Amount while lighter items will tend have higher Block Chance.
You can modify STR so that it increases Block Amount and AGI so that it increases Block Chance.

-Evasion-

Evasion should become something that you gain via talents, skills, etc but not items. Items should no longer give Evasion except some classes like Monks, who will get bonus Evasion when wearing Robe armor (i guess that would be another passive skill for Monk). Because i believe that the class should mostly function with Evasion/HP and not armor. This way Monk and Crusader will become unique in their tankish abilities.

Currently some classes can reach really high Evasion, like 50% or so. 30%, 40%, 50% evasion is not a joke, they are huge amounts, just like back then with Attack Speed.
By lowering the current numbers of evasion will actually give more value to Evasion itsself. Cause right now, every tankish class that needs survivability knows that he can also easily reach 20%++ evasion.

-----

And please tell me your thoughts on the no cooldown skills' concept.
Again i do understand that its not something viable right now nor in the near future but i think it could work very well and deserves some little attention.
Another reason why i want your opinion on it is because then ill be able to freely suggest changes for skills with big CDs.
Looking forward for replies. :)

Thanks.

But no, I don't think that items should give blocking or blocking chance. It just feels way too convoluted for a game like Gaias, especially since point based absorb is essentially what armor does already, so I don't get why we would need an extra stat for that.

If evasion scores become a problem, it would be very easy to just implement a counter stat for that in the form of +hit chance.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Zwieb any chance for a fast (15) version? There are quite a few game breaking abuse-bugs in this version =/. No rush, but the longer it takes, the more ppl will get undeserved rewards for bug abusing.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
since talents are being reworked and new abilitys are being added for the advanced classes (i assume), how about a talent for the necromancer that changes the skeleton warriors to skeleton archers, possibly not changing anything else but when a new 43 ability is added and your skeletons are able to be targetet again they would be less in the way and cause less missplays than targetable warriors.

Zwieb any chance for a fast (15) version? There are quite a few game breaking abuse-bugs in this version =/. No rush, but the longer it takes, the more ppl will get undeserved rewards for bug abusing.
I'm working on it.
It's quite a list and some bugs are pretty vague, especially the permanent buff thing is giving me some headaches.

I don't see any truly exploitable critical bugs so far except for the Water Globes issue and the bottle of whine. Did I miss something?

Level 7
Current content is years old anyway. Exploiting bugs to kill gargoyle at this point just seems like a... "So what" type response from me. So long as they're fixed before the next content is released is all I care about :p.

There will be a fixed version asap, don't worry, but as long as I can't find the issue with the permabuffs, it might take a little longer.
This is a hard one without finding similarities between games where it happens.

I suspect that this is caused by the removal of units with buffs and the recycling of unit IDs, but I'm not sure.

Here's a thing to look out for when the perma buff issue happens again: did it happen in a game where there were attempts at Garg?

Level 7
But no, I don't think that items should give blocking or blocking chance. It just feels way too convoluted for a game like Gaias, especially since point based absorb is essentially what armor does already, so I don't get why we would need an extra stat for that.
Block chance and value sounds convoluted, but what about more straightforward realization?

Just add Block value as a secondary stat.
Behaviour remains same - attacks from front reduced by percentage.
Scale it with STR: (Str/[base Str] - 1) x 10%
Only Shields can increase Block (by fixed 20%).
Block can not be reduced below 0% and always rounded down to int.

So, this will add some extra purpose to STR stacking instead of pure AP, and will buff single-target tanking (shielded Zerk, str Hex, str Crus).
Two-handed builds will benefit from it slightly too, but AoE anyway will place some mobs behind your back.

And as counterpart. INT can increase All Resistances, because higher intelligence means higher willpower :)
For example: (Int/[base Int] - 1) x 20%
So INT builds (Hex/Crus/Monk) will be better for tanking mages.

P.S. You know, STR and INT percentage scaling bonuses looks pretty weak, comparing to AGI. Block & AllRes can increase their value.

Level 1
Yes, i was thinking of that too.
INT could increase all (magic based) resists.
My explanation for it is that one who has the power to control elements such heat, cold or whatever should also know better how to defend against them.

Level 9
Increasing percentage block from front is really horrible idea unless it will get nerf like being calculated after armor, not before. If u do trivial calculations w/ 25% block (20% shield + 5% str) you will have free 75 armor if boss has 300 damage which is almost equal to your base armor. If it will be calculated after armor it will be 56 free armor still huge amount but it is at least same as now (60 free armor from 20% block from 300 damage attack).

P.S.: Changes of stat bonuses affect most of content in game so it should be done really carefully cuz it can ruin balance of game easily.
P.P.S.: Requirement of damage source to be in front of you doesn't really balance block, cuz when you are tanking two things matter a lot: incoming static DPS and damage spikes. And if you say block doesn't help with both of them greatly I'd say you have just kneeled in front of boss and prepared yourself to be raped.
And with stat/base stat thing heroes with lower base stats will have HUGE bonus to that.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
There will be a fixed version asap, don't worry, but as long as I can't find the issue with the permabuffs, it might take a little longer.
This is a hard one without finding similarities between games where it happens.

I suspect that this is caused by the removal of units with buffs and the recycling of unit IDs, but I'm not sure.

Here's a thing to look out for when the perma buff issue happens again: did it happen in a game where there were attempts at Garg?

"Sadly" I haven't seen any permabuffs since the speed one from the mount.
You (Zwiebelchen) were in that game yourself:
We were in D3, berserker dismounted while having mount charge buff. He kept the buff for the rest of the game.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
i think the new items are pretty much finished but id really like to see hexblade gear with negative spellhaste

Status
Not open for further replies.