• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
seems it doesnt make sense for you? then il list down my question for you.
dont worry, il make it easy for you, il even do it in multiple choice ;)

1. which is better for spell haste.
(a) low base agi with option item agi + spell haste
(b) high base agi with option item agi + spell haste
(c) hold on, gimme 1 hour to think.

2. why agro boss went to zerk instead of sins, yet sins dps are higher.
(a) i dont know
(b) stop asking me that, cant we jst say it for "some reasons"
(c) -put your optional answers here-

3. str class gain the most benefit from hybrid build
(a) wrong
(b) ok
(c) blablablablablabla.. blublublublu.. ok.

4. a few agi wont get your zerk kicking. a "few" out of 25 is
(a) around 3 or 5
(b) less than 17 id say, coz 17 is still less than 18.
(c) the fuck are you askin? i dont get it.

the reason why bersker will always get more agro is cause they generate more agro points by far crus and sin will lose agro to a boss if just basic attacking the boss .

http://gaias-retaliation-orpg.wikia.com/wiki/Classes this site tells you the base stats and how agro works

Level 3
sounds good

was thinking around....

1. I noticed that every class have to skill Con and i think it really limits some classes to just go for main stat + Con. My suggestion is to give 5hp per level to characters and giving Con a flat 15hp per point.

This will give 5*50 + 15*25 = 625 bonus hp if con is maxed (right now I think it's around 575 if con is maxed)

this would give player more stat to play without having to stat most of them in Con. Example, some druid would stat Agi for faster healing, more damage and stronger pet, some maybe would still go full Con to play it safe.

2. Does the CD reset from talent is intended to reset items too? I think it's too strong because with some mana pots classes with those talent wont need any point in wisdom to manage his mana.

And i believe in the next update there will be longer boss fight, so maybe it will make people to stat some Wis in order to maintain their spells ready.

3. I heard that Hunter is better in almost all aspect from Sorc (?). Maybe there will be boss that got some kind of non-attacking ethereal summons that debuffs party like draining mana or slowing mspd/aspd/haste or reducing def in an area so having mage in the boss battle would be very helpful in killing the boss. It's non attacking so no need to worry that mage will take the agro.

I also agree that cloth should give more hp than leather. Leather users (hunter, sin, bard) usually go for Agi/Con anyway because they got enough ArP so Str is not really usefull and mana is not really needed for them to have a good DPS, on the other hand, mage need Int/Agi and Mana to maintain good dps (I don't know if Int/Con Sorc having higher or lower DPS against Agi/Con Hunter) but they would need points into Int/Agi/Con and maybe some Wis later, so having HP in their equips would let them play with their stat more.

I also think Sorc need to have more instant cast spell (which is already planned as a new spell in next version) because it's not really useful to have lots of spell when you can only cast one of them at a time.

4. Also because some class has really high ArP, some of them will not stat Str because it's not used, but if boss has too high Ar, Int Crus will not be able to hold agro because of his low damage. I dont know how to balance this but maybe it will make some Str Crus more viable, or just make Int Crus to give more magical damage (I only play crus, so I don't know how is it with other tanks).

just my opinion pls dont yell at me for this long post ^^;

to sum it all up you wouldnt need 5% for pot cds reset. and wouldnt need 800 life to live longer to try and win against a boss. if the healer like really healed instead of soul striked and the dps did DPS instead of building life to tank. And the tank,TANKED instead of running around trying to live cause he was trying to do damge to get agro. and while the dps die trying to tank while the healer ran out of mana cause he soul striked to many times and pot are on cd cause your unlucky

1 TANK i think should only single target tank boss cause there isnt enough tanuts or aoe taunts. i think bersker vigor tank is best single target boss 350dps dont lose agro easy and can tank pretty good with 60 armor dont put on crus item ya you might beable to gain more armor and life and be tankable. but you would lose dps and the ablitiy to hold agro.

2. HEALER should be able to heal all group member and keep healing with out soul striking Tenets of Wrath .All magic and shadow damage dealt heals allies in range by 3% of the damage dealt. do the math soul strike if it hits for 1k the heal isnt alot so it isnt worth it. and healers should have around 400 mana and some pots for emergencies. i dont always see druid healers so i cant say anything about them.

and for dps.

3.DPS bersker should be able to hit 1.5k sudden burst aoe damge to mobs and not worry about tanking mobs cause the mobs are dead.

garg beatles 2k life.

bm spiders start with 2k life also i think.

4.DPS hunter with pet should be able to do 2.5k aoe burst damge to mobs and cleans up roaming creeps with RANGE. mobs dead.

CRUS doesnt have to pick up agro still hold boss.

5.DPS sin just riping apart boss i dont know how high sin dps can get i havent lvled mine up but with shit gear and 1 blue i can hit 350dps but fully maxed and spec right i say 2k dps not sure.

with no chance's in game and changing the current play style of what it is

insanity doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results -Albert Einstein

Last edited:
Level 2
If you can't win an argument, correct their grammar instead

Not only was I not arguing with him (I only made one previous post in this thread), I didn't correct his grammar either. You can have perfect grammar and make no sense. Good effort though, timmy. Maybe next time.

Level 5
Not only was I not arguing with him (I only made one previous post in this thread), I didn't correct his grammar either. You can have perfect grammar and make no sense. Good effort though, timmy. Maybe next time.

ok dude noobcake, clearly your name still describes who you are. This is where your grammar should actually be valid.
You said "Not only was i not", you do realise that goes against your "you can have perfect grammar and make no sense" statement. So really in your case, you can have poor grammar and make perfect sense?

The mere fact that you tryed to retain your integrity but failed miserably shows how much of a stupid fool you are. And remember, i say that for your own benefit. Stop giving people a reason to call you noob. And stop posting in threads if you dont even want to talk about the topic at hand. Thats poor forum behavior.

Level 3
bersker

bersker fury does that apply gaping wounds even with out that skill/ will it still work if i unlearn that skill ?

Level 2
ok dude noobcake, clearly your name still describes who you are. This is where your grammar should actually be valid.
You said "Not only was i not", you do realise that goes against your "you can have perfect grammar and make no sense" statement. So really in your case, you can have poor grammar and make perfect sense?

How does my first sentence contradict my second one? Care to explain? The fact that he made no sense had absolutely nothing to do with his grammar.

You should stop circle jerking and learn to interpret sentences instead.

Level 1

The mere fact that you tryed to retain your integrity but failed miserably shows how much of a stupid fool you are. And remember, i say that for your own benefit. Stop giving people a reason to call you noob. And stop posting in threads if you dont even want to talk about the topic at hand. Thats poor forum behavior.

Lol, that is a grammatically perfect sentence. What are you arguing about? And btw, you should check your spelling.

P.S. Next time, please refrain from insulting others just because you don't agree with them. If you had any respect for yourself you wouldn't be throwing childish insults at everybody

Level 5
How does my first sentence contradict my second one? Care to explain? The fact that he made no sense had absolutely nothing to do with his grammar.

You should stop circle jerking and learn to interpret sentences instead.

You obviously dont know basic english. I'm talking to a fool. Fortunately in todays society, your stupidity is acceptable. I understood frustratedmagician, it was you who didnt understand him. Gratz.

Level 5
Lol, that is a grammatically perfect sentence. What are you arguing about? And btw, you should check your spelling.

P.S. Next time, please refrain from insulting others just because you don't agree with them. If you had any respect for yourself you wouldn't be throwing childish insults at everybody

If I had any respect for those who made sense in what they posted. Then i wouldnt be insulting anyone. But sadly, I have no respect for guys like you and noobcake that just go way out into oblivion.
If you werent so stuck into one way of doing things, and not always consider yourself to be the pro whos been playing this for years. Then maybe, we would have a realistic convo about true game mechanics.

The thing that bothers me most is the fact that you all dont know how to compromise anymore. You all agree to disagree. WTH is that? Thats the same as yes is no and no is yes. Have you all lost your sense of truth and integrity? How can i respect such people like you when your ways will never make sense.

Level 4
bersker fury does that apply gaping wounds even with out that skill/ will it still work if i unlearn that skill ?

it shouldve work even if you unlearn the skill.
i havent tried, but i do know that zwieb had posted about this somewhere, about monk passive talent that have chance to cast crippling curse. it said that you dont need to have crippling curse learned to get it procs. but a note here, crippling curse ticks are stackable.

not sure about gaping wound's ticks, wether its stackable or not.

Dude I can't watch the replay

get a wc3 version switcher
my previous uploaded replay version is 1.24b

@TooMuch

ur nickname really describes you. u never been not too much.
please do care not about what you read here and jst pretend to see not.
hahahaha.

Level 4
oh come on now noobcake. thats really something you do need not to bring up.
getting into grammar and spelling, that would be really necessary not.
go correct anyone as much as you want but it seems everybody do cares not.

I'd say that with the current endgame content, there is not enough data to really decide on minor balancing things. I can obviously correct major balancing issues like a class really being OP, but things like DPS-finetuning should really be done once some serious DPS test encounters (or training dolls) are implemented.

Also, none of the current encounters is really DPS dependant, except maybe for the gargoyle. You can literally take triple the time of a normal group and still defeat it.
This will be different for some encounters in D4, though, at which some bosses will have enrage timers.

Level 1
If I had any respect for those who made sense in what they posted. Then i wouldnt be insulting anyone. But sadly, I have no respect for guys like you and noobcake that just go way out into oblivion.
If you werent so stuck into one way of doing things, and not always consider yourself to be the pro whos been playing this for years. Then maybe, we would have a realistic convo about true game mechanics.

The thing that bothers me most is the fact that you all dont know how to compromise anymore. You all agree to disagree. WTH is that? Thats the same as yes is no and no is yes. Have you all lost your sense of truth and integrity? How can i respect such people like you when your ways will never make sense.

My eyes! The irony is so great it's hurting my brain!! The king of stubbornness who has a very high opinion of himself tells us that WE're stuck in our ways and that WE can't compromise? Dude you've been insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you the whole time...

You don't know what "agree to disagree" means? And you have the audacity to criticize someone else's English.

Level 5
I'd say that with the current endgame content, there is not enough data to really decide on minor balancing things. I can obviously correct major balancing issues like a class really being OP, but things like DPS-finetuning should really be done once some serious DPS test encounters (or training dolls) are implemented.

Also, none of the current encounters is really DPS dependant, except maybe for the gargoyle. You can literally take triple the time of a normal group and still defeat it.
This will be different for some encounters in D4, though, at which some bosses will have enrage timers.

With regards to the gargoyle.
Did you designed it to where air tanking has to come into play? Or did you meant for the melee tank to get as much aggro as he can when he has the focus buff applied on him?

With regards to the gargoyle.
Did you designed it to where air tanking has to come into play? Or did you meant for the melee tank to get as much aggro as he can when he has the focus buff applied on him?
To be perfectly honest, the gargoyle boss was sort of a dummy project for testing a new mechanic (flying units), which was never really intended to be implemented in its current state.
However, when doing my testruns, I noticed that it's actually a pretty interesting encounter with the two states (ground and air phase), so I decided to keep it and later added the additional abilities (beetles, dive, tornados).

That's the reason why the encounter does not play out that nicely ... it wasn't perfectly thought through in the first place, but more of a work-in-progress thing.

In the next update, the tornados will actually deal damage (as it was always intended) and actively chase units based on the threat dealt on the boss instead of randomly wandering around, which makes the whole encounter a little bit more difficult, but also more controllable (as the tornados will not chase the healer anymore). I think this will fix the boss, as I consider it "broken" in its current state.

The idea is that rangeds deal with the beetles in ground mode, while the melees build up threat on the gargoyle. Then, when the boss shifts over to air mode, the tornadoes will follow the highest threat players (which should be the melees if done right) so that the rangeds can fully concentrate on the boss unharmed.

Level 1
In the next update, the tornados will actually deal damage (as it was always intended) and actively chase units based on the threat dealt on the boss instead of randomly wandering around, which makes the whole encounter a little bit more difficult, but also more controllable (as the tornados will not chase the healer anymore). I think this will fix the boss, as I consider it "broken" in its current state.

The idea is that rangeds deal with the beetles in ground mode, while the melees build up threat on the gargoyle. Then, when the boss shifts over to air mode, the tornadoes will follow the highest threat players (which should be the melees if done right) so that the rangeds can fully concentrate on the boss unharmed.

That sounds great and all (well, not so much the tornado dealing more dmg), but I'm just concerned that other dps melees (say berserker or sin), or even hunter might get aggro while using their aoe's on the scarabs, since crusader dps sux, and crusader can't really dps gargoyle and tank the scarabs at the same time (considering how hard it is to get all the scarabs near gargoyle so he can crucify them all, or should I say nearly impossible). And don't forget how long it takes to kill the gargoyle in the first place, so it might be even harder to kill her when the new version comes along.

Also, would the tornados also slow down their "targets of affection"? And how much dmg would they deal?

Level 5

If you want this to be achieved, your going to have to give melee a bonus in threat generation. In ground mode the gargoyle gets about 85 armor i believe. which decreases the dmg output of tanking crusaders and berserkers considerably.

My hunter has 80 arp right now and yeh ill focus the beetles down first but when they are dead i normally hit the garg a good number of times. So after the second wave of beetles, if the tanks/melee dps couldnt pull enough aggro, i would normally pull since i am practically doing almost 100% of my dmg. the garg would either focus me or usually the sorcerer if there is one. Barbed arrow is very useful, but the sorcs dont have anything like that.

Now ive noticed the focus buff to increase threat generation but it doesnt last long enough. cause sometimes the garg stays in the air a little longer than normal.

Level 2
well, here I am with another random suggestion...

I'm thinking of adding a feature maybe like a pet/spirit? that don't help fighs directly, but instead adding some stats for the character.

It basically adding stats for players to pick from str,agi,int,con, or wis.
lv1 pet add 1 stats
lv2 pet add 2 stats (total of 3 stats)
lv3 pet add 3 stats (total of 6 stats)

the stats could be selected at the material bag (it's like talents at the backpack)

and there will be new material for material bag, let's say something like rare mushroom that can stack up to 8 in the material bag.

2 x rare mushroom + recipe = lv1 thingy (can be used to make lv1 pet)
2 x lv1 thingy + recipe = lv2 thingy (can be used to upgrade lv1 pet to lv2 pet)
2 x lv2 thingy + recipe = lv3 thingy (can be used to upgrade lv2 pet to lv3 pet)

the recipe could be bought from npc, and the mushroom can be gotten from the trash mob (high lv trash mob?), with small chance to drop (maybe like the current blue miscs from foothill mobs).

it doesn't offer a very high bonus so it's not a must for players to farm it, but rewarding enough for some that are willing to. It'll only add grinding feature to gaias.

sry if it's hard to understand because my bad english, just my random suggestion afterall..

There will not be any pets in the future, simply because I don't like too many minions/pets running around. I feel there are enough classes with minions already.

However, there might be more merc options in the future updates.

There will also be recipe-based buffs (potions) available in the future to make more use of the crafting system.

Level 2
hmm it's not pet that running around, it's only a feature to give something more to grind for players like me who loves to grind with small reward, just like shadow seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.