• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gear Score Equals Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So Wow now and days really doesn't depend on how much dps you do but how much Gear score you have. Ethier from the addon or from Wowheroes.
My point is with raiding becoming ridiculous easy. Is Gear score now more important then ever? And Will it be important in Cata?

- Rbd (Twisting Nether)

I think GS is okay for those who want quick PuGs without having to go through all the procedural checking. The only fault is that they will risk having idiots in their group. ;D It is just stupid when people put such high requirements thinking they will get skilled people.

the worst thing to hit the game since...well....Arenas.

:O ?

Level 15
I raided in vanilla wow, through BC, and up till the point I quit in cataclysm, always as the main tank of an avid raiding guild. Here's how I would rate how I decided who got in and who didn't (from most important to least (but still important!)):

1. Competance
2. DPS capabilities
3. Knowledge of fights

Notice gear score isn't even on there.

EDIT - btw, gear score isn't even that accurate. Until the release of Ulduar the best tanking trinket in the game was a blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.