• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gallery of mixed stuff and WIPs (not warcraft related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
thanks...I guess...
Finally some more progress on Dependel. Can't wait to finish modeling this dude and start rigging and animating!

Attachments

• dependel_wip_10.jpg
    dependel_wip_10.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 312
  • dependel_wip_10_wire0000.jpg
    dependel_wip_10_wire0000.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 335

TDR

TDR

Level 18
sup fellaz, long time no schnitzel. Here's what I've been up to lately:

Gonna make classic Doom models pack for wc3:
baron_of_hell_wip_05.jpg

cacodemon-1.jpg

I followed my cacodemon drawing more than the classic doom one though. I'll make changes when I feel like it.

Also, my failed Dominance War 3 entry:
3ds max base mesh:
01-3.jpg

High poly sculpt:
ZBrush05.jpg

Normal mapped low poly model:
normaled02.jpg

normaled03.jpg

And another failed mini challenge entry:
concept:
DOOOOOOM-KART_2.jpg

and this is all I've done :(:
doom_kart_wip_03.jpg

doom_kart_wip_04.jpg

doom_kart_wip_02.jpg

doom_kart_wip_05_fail.jpg

doom_kart_wip_06_fail.jpg

That is all folks.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Actually I like making sprites much more, don't know why. And Doom will always be THE game for me. It's the game that obsessed my childhood...Turned me from a shithead that was drawing kittens, flowers and shiny happy face suns to a little monster that was drawing demons and gore (my mom was actually concerned about that =)) ). Heretic was also a game that obsessed me back then.
And seeing your stuff in the game of your life is just fantastic. And it's actually very (VERY) easy to make new monsters and stuff for Doom. The wc3 object editor equivalent is a text file called DECORATE in which you write in the attributes of the thing and it's frames sequence for various stuff that it does (it's easier than it sounds). Its possibilities are endless.

Also, you could texture your hero-contest-entry and use it in Doom as well, it's awesome. :p

He already did it for homm3 :D
Anyway, I don't really see Shadow effret fitting into the pack for some reason... It looks more like some kind of LORD, and other doom models are meant to be scary/twisted, wheres effret looks just cool.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
That's mainly due to the ingame textures. And the rules are not stupid; just imagine if the "artist" side of the team was allowed to do whatever he does best...no offense to anyone, but it would have been more like a comp between me, jigrael, whitehorn, Mc !, Erwt, Callahan and RDZ, and anyone else who can do all the modeling, texturing, animation, icons etc.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
thanks, though it's not really an idea, it's more like random stuff :)). I started stacking up cubes and...went ballistic.

Oh and now here's something...several months ago I wanted to get hired at a young vfx company here that was making cg stuff for commercials and stuff. They were really crazy though, they had tons of contracts but no people to work on them...Anyway, I didn't liked the overall atmosphere of the thing and I didn't continue there. But they did give me a first assignment to start with back then.
I had a day to modify a shitty bee model they already had:

albina_initial.jpg

For the package of some propolis medicine. But either the client was retarded or they didn't tell me everything, 'cause they told me that they just want that bee to look more mature and to take heavy inspiration from Bee Movie. They said the client didn't gave them any concept whatsoever, they just wanted a more mature looking bee.
So I started off with the head:

albina_wip.jpg

Then repaired the hands because they were just dreadfull...I swear, that guy sucked at modeling yet he was one of the 2 guys that founded the comany and was acting all smartassy while looking at my stuff:

(the above one is my repair and the one below is the original version...)
palma.jpg

Anyway after I showed my progress to them they told me to change the proportions so I did:

albina_wip_2.jpg

And in the end I submitted this as the final shot:

final-1.jpg

And what do you know...after the discussion with the client they said they did not like it and only then they showed a concept of what they wanted...And it's a very fucking gay looking bee they wanted:
gaybee.jpg

And fuck that man...they made someone else change that and stuff. I stopped the colaboration then.

Status
Not open for further replies.