• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galleon

This is a 5 mast Barque sail plan. It has a 38 gun set. Usually, very slow.

Now, what is the deal with the spell anims? They are what I call 'anim slots'. In other words, you have the freedom to do whatever with them. Which explains why nothing happens on them.

I made the Blend Time 500, instead of 150, like BlinkBoy said.

PS: Did you guys really think I would only make one ship? ;)

Anyway, merry Christmas. And next, is of course, a transport ship. (Carrack) After that, you will have a complete replacement for the old Blizzard ships. A transport, a frigate, and a battleship.

UPDATE: anarchianbedlam added some very nice new particles to it. Give him credit as well, please.

UPDATED AGAIN: anarchianbedlam's particles are just so freakin awesome.

Keywords:
ship
Contents

Galleon (Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I like it, not Warcraftish but it does look good. I like the large number of cannons the most. The thing it maybe misses is a highted room in the back, the captains quarters, like most ships have. And the sails seem a bit too small. Maybe you could try adding a flag. However as I said I like it very much and I would give it about 4 of a grade.

Edit: I saw the frigate model now, that one I liked more :) but this is good aswell.

Level 31
Its' not a cabin, a cabin is way taller.

Omg...Try to understand. Look. Each cannon is five feet long. Meaning the whole ship is quite large. The only reason that you see the cabins of ships stick out, is because you are seeing ships like carracks and smaller ships. This is a very large ship. The cabin is built in. It is a 3 story ship. Go look up pics of old frigates.

Level 30
Omg...Try to understand. Look. Each cannon is five feet long. Meaning the whole ship is quite large. The only reason that you see the cabins of ships stick out, is because you are seeing ships like carracks and smaller ships. This is a very large ship. The cabin is built in. It is a 3 story ship. Go look up pics of old frigates.
Captain cabin should be a castle on the ship man ... just put it there :p
However ... Alright if you say it's a 3 stories high ship.
I still think you should add a huge cabin but alright.

Level 31
Captain cabin should be a castle on the ship man ... just put it there :p
However ... Alright if you say it's a 3 stories high ship.
I still think you should add a huge cabin but alright.

Go to wikipedia or something. Type in 'frigate'. You will not find a single ship with a huge cabin. Then type in Carrack. Every ship will have a huge cabin.

Level 8
This doesn't remind me of a Galleon at all.
If you DO Look up Galleons on wikipedia you get something like this.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Adler_von_Lübeck._Model_ship_01.jpg

That was given from Wikipedia, they DO have cabins on there backs.
WHILE on your Frigate model, you gave it a cabin, looking THAT up on Wikipedia,
All the pictures there were somewhat unclear, but looking close enough you can see NO Cabin.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nickb/Images/HMSTamar.jpg
This one didn't come from Wikipedia but if you look at the ones on wikipedia you will agree.
SIR,
I Think you mixed up your boats.
Good Day.

Level 31
This doesn't remind me of a Galleon at all.
If you DO Look up Galleons on wikipedia you get something like this.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cc/Adler_von_Lübeck._Model_ship_01.jpg

That was given from Wikipedia, they DO have cabins on there backs.
WHILE on your Frigate model, you gave it a cabin, looking THAT up on Wikipedia,
All the pictures there were somewhat unclear, but looking close enough you can see NO Cabin.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nickb/Images/HMSTamar.jpg
This one didn't come from Wikipedia but if you look at the ones on wikipedia you will agree.
SIR,
I Think you mixed up your boats.
Good Day.

Such hostility. lol

You funny little man. First off, it does not have to be a galleon. I just slung the name out there. It it actually a replica of what is called a 'bull' ship.

Terribly sorry if the name of my model file offended you. lol

Level 8
Such hostility. lol

You funny little man. First off, it does not have to be a galleon. I just slung the name out there. It it actually a replica of what is called a 'bull' ship.

Terribly sorry if the name of my model file offended you. lol

Your just saying that because you kept trying to prove it was a galleon now you are wrong, Ha. xD
Also,
You should look up the definition of hostility, because there was none there. xD
Wasn't trying to be funny either, so I don't know where you got that, but anyways, yes,
either way the model can be named something else in game so it doesn't matter,
As I made note the Carrack model was good, but I didn't on this one, so once again,
This is also another good ship model.

Level 31
Your just saying that because you kept trying to prove it was a galleon now you are wrong, Ha. xD
Also,
You should look up the definition of hostility, because there was none there. xD
Wasn't trying to be funny either, so I don't know where you got that, but anyways, yes,
either way the model can be named something else in game so it doesn't matter,
As I made note the Carrack model was good, but I didn't on this one, so once again,
This is also another good ship model.

Um.....ok here we go.

First! I do not freaking care about the name, and I never did. I am merely pointing out that not all ships have a raised cabin.

Second! When I say 'hostility', I simply mean you seem mad, or angry. This is not to say that you are, it is just that your immature posting gave me the impression.

If you want to trouble me further on this matter, my PM box is open. And, I would be more than happy to chat with you more. The good people here don't want to read about what you have to say about the names of ships.

And lastly, thank you. I am flattered that you think this way about my ships.

Good day to you sir.

Level 26
IMMATURITY ALERT CODE: RED

WILL BOTH PARTIES PLEASE STOP POSTING COUNTER ARGUMENTS, THIS THREAD HAS BEEN SPAMMED TO DEATH!

IT IS A GOOD MODEL

IT DOES NOT MATTER

the ship can be named whatever the hell he wants, and he can make it look however the hell he wants it to look, for gods sake this is a waracraft model, if it pleases you you can say the elves magically made the inside cabin bigger, please stop whining and bitching one way or another

PROTOCOL DICTATES:
the next person who posts something with any kind of hostile, antagonistic, whiny, or complaining manner, shall be henceforth known to all as a ROYAL DICKWAD

just enjoy the model

thank you that is all

Level 7
very nice ship this would be a great collection to your others, they will be very awesome and useful in my maps, thanks very much. :)

Level 31
sry to post again critisim, but a thing thats really strange is, that the lookout is giant compared to the ship.^^

Funny as how when I make an uber detailed model, everyone pays uber attention to the uber tiny details. This is not noticeable in game. Thank you for your comment, though.

Maybe bigger sails?

Why? They look fine. Not every ship must look the same.

Level 7
i agree, who could ask for more than an awesome ship like that, great job and it beats having to use the shitty fat warcraft ships. Basically i love it nothing more to it.

Level 14
yes, this ship is awsome, but nevertheless the mast top is extremely huge, so why not improve things?

There are often things, that can be made better, nobody said that this ship is bad, so come down guys...

i mean, the model forum is there to give feedback about the model.

And i tested the ship ingame btw, using some close camera!

Level 31
yes, this ship is awsome, but nevertheless the mast top is extremely huge, so why not improve things?

There are often things, that can be made better, nobody said that this ship is bad, so come down guys...

i mean, the model forum is there to give feedback about the model.

And i tested the ship ingame btw, using some close camera!

Don't get me wrong, your comments are awesome. It's just that I really see no need to put much effort into doing that. But, I will comply because you tested it and seem to know what you are talking about.

Level 4
Sweet a first rate ship of the line, the captains cabin is in the back, hence the large glass deck at the back of the ship, nonetheless, they are normally bigger (the cabin that is), but honestly every ship was designed uniquely back then, so saying a ship does not fit a discription of this or that is inacurate, a galleon is obviously different than this but it doesn't matter all that much it's name because if you are using it in your map you can just RENAME IT and no, a first rates masts are not smaller they are actually larger, in width and height. However the fighting top would go around the mast not in front, but that dosn't matter to me, it is a warcraft 3 model NOT A HISTORICAL SIMULATION. Overall an amazing piece of work and probably very hard to sink (and make for that matter hahah) :) 5/5 for a brilliant model.

Status
Not open for further replies.