1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaia's Retaliation ORPG might get revived

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Zwiebelchen, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Okay, now before you burst out into happiness, I want to dampen your enthusiasm: I am not going to do this on my own. I almost did the 1.1 version of Gaias on my own at the end and that was one of the main reasons I quit developing it.

What I am looking for are new promising team members which are able to take over all the tedious parts of the map design I am so sick of:
    I am looking for an item designer and an NPC/mob/quest designer.
    I would concentrate on doing the stuff that is fun for me: Terraining and scripting spells.

These are the requirements:
    The item designer should have great knowledge of the map and a good feel for balance. Also, he should be able to select and implement the required attachment models.
    Also, he should have a very basic understanding of vJASS, to make use of the registry functions of Gaias Retaliation.

The NPC/mob/quest designer should have good knowledge of vJASS and should have a certain level of creativity. He should also be able to write proper medieval english.

As soon as I have gathered a team I consider helpful, I will start debugging some of the main issues of the map.

One of the main things that I am going to change for a possible continueing project, is, that all new content will be put into a seperate maps. With the players reaching the capital of Ankhmaron as a general hub, I feel like its time to dedicate each new area an entire, fresh map.
    This will serve multiple purposes:
    1) It will heavily decrease the hardware requirements of the map
    2) It allows me to use a greater variation of tiles
    3) It allows me to use new models and imports and even new custom music. You might see a revival of the old battle theme again, because of that.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  2. ChaosCloud

ChaosCloud

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good news, hopefully u wll get perfect team :)

3. ncommand-

ncommand-

Resources:
    Resources:
    There you go zwieb this is exactly what i was telling everybody like Ragos orpg or something have the main map and have different maps for different reasons its alot easier.

Please map makers help him out! check in clans on USEast zwieb theres alot of map making clans, clan MMU is filled with em too

4. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh this is nice !!

5. delete

delete

Resources:
    Resources:
    sounds good.. good luck

6. Elvarion

Elvarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    This like a dream come true!

Me and two of my friends found Gaia after playing alot of different Rpgs like Dark Invasion I & II, The Black Road 1.23 and the Newer version also. None of those maps really had "That" But then I was browsing all over Epicwar and then Hiveworkshop came into mind and I looked at the top20 maps and found Gaia there so i downloaded it and gave it a try. It took us 5 minutes of gametime to realize that we loved everything about it. It had "that" thing that we were looking for on a Rpg.

Some things that are really great;

The Agro system, It really works and it works good.
    Resting, Why doesnt other Rpg's have a rest system? Just love it.
    The terrain. It speaks for itself, It's stunning and well designed, When we first entered the Bandit cave we were all "Wow, Omg" on Skype.
    And the spells, Really love all the spells ive tested (though only played as the Magician/sorcerer and Thief.)

Then when we were around 30'ish in level we found out that the project was being canceled. We still had D2 and D3 to complete (yea we never tried D2 since we were busy farming different bosses to get items for our characters ^^,) Our passion for the game died and we all got sad since we had so much fun playing this RPG, Running around doing pointless things. Having fun with trying to pull agro from the tank and end up dying and having the cleric ress us, Working our way up to be able to kill the D1 final boss after many trial and errors, It all gave us a good time and we loved it.

I really, really hope you will get a team so this map can be continued. Not just for my and my friends, For everyone who has sometime played this map and loves it. I just wish i had some experience with map making, I wouldn't hesitate one second to help you out, But sadly im just a novice when it comes to this. I can open the map editor and look around some, thats about it. =(

However, If you do need a "quest writer" Someone who just writes plain quests into words that someone else can put in-game Id be happy to help out!

Hope this post wasn't to long ^^,
    With regards, Elvarion

Long live Gaia!

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I just wanted to give an update on this:
    Currently, nobody has offered an interest to help me continuing this project. So basicly I doubt this is going to happen, but lets keep the hopes up... :grin:

8. Shadzta

Shadzta

Resources:
    Resources:
    I may have a friend who might be able to assist, I myself know nothing, but if there's anyway I can contribute give us a shout.

9. ChaosCloud

ChaosCloud

Resources:
    Resources:
    have u already posted it in Project Recruitment forum?

10. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love to help you continue the project, but I simply just do not have the time I wish I did. Maybe you should sticky this thread to help people notice it better and keep it at top.

11. ncommand-

ncommand-

Resources:
    Resources:
    hows the search goin been a while

12. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I would rather suggest you create a thread in the map development, that's the most visited section, not a lot of people scroll down and look at the hosted forums.

13. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ye no offense but you bsicly search somone to do your dirty work for you since you just dont wana do it.?

14. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yes. So what?

15. Elvarion

Elvarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not everyone likes to do a complete map themself, Its not wrong to ask for a Team and then everyone do what they do best.

16. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's what all mappers do, except someone who does it all himself.

17. Belgarath

Belgarath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    how do you know it's not the favourite work of the guy who is found

18. Davesanz

Davesanz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hope you can get a team for this, such a nice ORPG.

19. Jireky

Jireky

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, everybody is hoping but noone really goes in. Typical.

20. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmm i dont think its wurth to revive it don't get me wrong their will be people playing it but the problem is that imo Warcraft III bnet is dying and all they play is dota or som normal games now if you would've have done this 4 years ago things would've been different but right now i dont think its wise to revive it.