• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

We are continuing the work on Gaias Retaliation

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Hello everyone,

To those of you who don't follow Discord, I just want to tell you that SHBlade, me (Jumbo/Jombo) and jani are working on continuing Gaias Retaliation with the guidance of Zwiebelchen. We are currently creating new content for the map.
For our first release, E(1), we released new items, a few new quests, an expansion to the mine, two smaller expansions to other existing areas and a new rare mob for the Foothills.

There is more to come.

Jumbo

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Creating content for Gaias is a large undertaking, especially because we have to work with old, slow editors.
Our plan, if all goes well, is to release new zones, items, abilities and other things related primarily to the endgame. We will not have any deadlines and will do things at our own pace and leisure - of course with attention to and communicating with the community. :)

Level 10
That's awesome guys!! Is your version out yet? Also where will you be able to download it? Do you guys intend on finishing D4? and has Zwiebel given you any notes on what he intended to do in such zones or anything?

Level 1
Hell yes!! I spent hours on this map, can't believe it stopped so many years ago. Best RPG in W3 100%. Actually challenging and not boring, amazing plot and models, interesting and difficult combat with an interesting pace, cooperation, awesome class progression, iconic items and fights... Damn man. Tears in my eyes! :D

Level 10
From what I can tell on the offical discord yes they do. They've already created a bunch of new abilities and are currently testing and balancing them