• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I still think of set items that afect hero abilitys like gloves that increase fire damge dealth by 10%, or shild that increase block chance ect ect.

Level 8
Looking forward to quest with remedy and quest leading to secret labs d5.

with patchwerks, acolytes, fanatics, alchemsts ect...

Level 13
In 1.2 yes, there should not be a code wipe but in the end it's up to Zweibelchen to decide if a wipe is needed.

Level 1
thnks for all message bcs, we play this game long time and we don't want to loose our characters:)

Level 17
oh we lost them like 10 times we are just so addicted we get over again every time :p

... not really. Some of us are sick of having to farm that 15k+, re-run the same dungeon 50+ times, and pretty much remake our characters again.

Do try to avoid a code wipe please.

Level 3
I'm pretty sure the game is not going to be that much farm based after 1.2, mostly becuz of new mobs which prolly are giving alot more gold and gear, legendary eq wont be that much of a priority

Level 13
D3 legendaries will probably become invalid, it might be a good idea to bump their drop rates, considering as it is now, phoenix is a 1% drop for an item that is barely needed. dungeons built for 30-40 might be run a hell of a lot less if d4 is manageable without d3 gear, rendering most of d3s gear irrelevant.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
You still haven't understand the purpose of rare drops, have you? It was never intended that everyone farms for them desperately ... it was more meant as a candy for those really lucky. Seriously, I can't do anything about the farming, so I don't really care, but I won't increase any droprates of raredrops - because that's what they are meant to be: rare!

Level 13
Yeah but certain rarities may actually become completely pointless. I mean, if some of those early d4 bosses drop a blue leather helm that's better than Yarr, that lucky 1% drop you're proud of suddenly becomes useless compared to another rare d4 boss drop. Overall that's just scaling and I'm fine with that but hopefully you'll add more of a bridge to drops? I'm not sure what you have planned I'm just asking you to consider how drops in d3 will be affected by d4 drops and droprates.

I get what you mean, rare, lucky, not farmed for etc, but currently pheonix has become an item that's purely for fun, it's damage output is less than fury for a sin/bard and pointless compared to Axe of the Tribelord on a crusader. Future str build crusaders disagree, I'm just pointing out, d3 drops need to be taken into consideration when scaling drops for d4

which is pretty damn obvious and I'm sure you already get that.

I'm tired. Either way, all that, handled when the beta testing comes. Don't you worry I understand rare drops, it's just, who wants to score a rare drop that's completely pointless.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Certain rare legendaries will be upgradeable with 1.2, so they won't be 'pointless'. However, most of the d3 gear will become outclassed. This is the case in every good mmo and I don't see a reason why this should be bad.

I dont see a reason why pre-endgame content should not have raredrops for lucky bastards. You clearly won't need them when you move on, but they are nice to have and certainly better than other gear on your level.

Level 3
How about non-legendaries one Zweib?
it will be great if some of non-legendaries can be upgraded too.
So basically just add more recepies drop from d4 loot. And to upgrade a equip might require you mana crystal and finish a certain crafting quest.

As you discussed earlier that you dont satisfied the current experience system. well I think ppl leveling up very easy from lvl 11 to 25. This make some of the crafting equip like balisik talon and cold death quite useless since it will easily replaced with stronger eq.

Level 8
Z told me once there will be upgrade for old legendaries (maybe vie racipe) dunno.

but what's the point guys if u do 6 times d3 and u have fully geared hero? than you just boost it to 40 make q and poof u got 43 fullly geared hero... what than?
ofc u go on forum and whine, why 1.2 goes so slowly...

if this game is all about level and gear than that's not good...
gear is upgrade to hero for sure, as is level, but it should never be most important.
in my opinion there should be more complicated fights, and also hard modes(kind of switcher on dungeon reset cirrcle, [normal, heroic])

Level 4
pretty valuable post gajska, maybe z can add a in dungeon walking merchant so we can get instant gear when we get the amount of gold and mc's for the item. rolf

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Some developement screenshots of the snowline in the mountain area.
This will be the transitioning area to level 45+ content, which will be a huge snow area with two questhubs and lots of content, spicing up the way to level 50 and D4.

It's actually pretty fun to design the snowy terrain, as it feels so totally different from the current content, so I think we can expect some faster progress now.

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 150
Level 5
Zwiebelchen I don't know if you have already noticed it, but on the first picture there's a terrain bug, there is a square tile in the path, maybe you can add a rock or something like that to cover it up.

Level 13
Certain rare legendaries will be upgradeable with 1.2, so they won't be 'pointless'. However, most of the d3 gear will become outclassed. This is the case in every good mmo and I don't see a reason why this should be bad.

I dont see a reason why pre-endgame content should not have raredrops for lucky bastards. You clearly won't need them when you move on, but they are nice to have and certainly better than other gear on your level.

Yes gear should be outclassed lol I just mean things like legendaries being outclassed by say, the first 2 world bosses or first 2-3 d4 bosses, they'll outclass certain items but not every d3 item instantly. also you've said there Legendaries will be upgraded as such, that sounds interesting.

It's not bad I was just curious as to how you'll handle drop balancing

Also the terrain is looking great zwieb

and papa, the game shouldn't be all about drops no, but they are one of the many variables that helps make this game good, it's nice to get them right, I trust zwieb to do a good job with them, 90% of the current drops are well built, I'm just curious as to how fast gear will be outworked, as I don't want to see d3 become an unplayed dungeon.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Max Level is 50. D3 gear will be equal to level 50 'green' loot. D3 legendaries will be equal to first D4 loot. Upgraded legendaries will be equal to later D4 loot. Some quest rewards and outdoor boss loot will be equal to first D4 loot. Upgrading legendaries will require D4 rare materials.

So in the end, we will have those different 'tiers':

Level 50 Greens // Level 40 Blues
Level 50 First Blues // Level 40 Legendaries
Level 50 Later Blues // Upgraded Legendaries
Level 50 Legendaries

Hope everything is clear now.

Level 13
Sounds good just thought I'd mention d3 gear is 22-40 at the moment, will there be a tier in between d3 and these level 50 greens you mention, since d3 gear seems to be made for level 30's.

Level 13
Will be on par with later 50 blues.
Of course there will be pre level 50 greens that will drop on trash mobs.

Also, one new screenshot, featuring some custom made Gaias exclusive winter doodads.

Set items, that sounds fun.

Also, snazzy winter area

Level 6
Max Level is 50. D3 gear will be equal to level 50 'green' loot. D3 legendaries will be equal to first D4 loot. Upgraded legendaries will be equal to later D4 loot. Some quest rewards and outdoor boss loot will be equal to first D4 loot. Upgrading legendaries will require D4 rare materials.

So in the end, we will have those different 'tiers':

Level 50 Greens // Level 40 Blues
Level 50 First Blues // Level 40 Legendaries
Level 50 Later Blues // Upgraded Legendaries
Level 50 Legendaries

Hope everything is clear now.
Do u need help generating item names / stats or something?

Level 8
If u played latest legion td version, there is new corrupted nature builded and its tier 6 unit(healer) looks so awesome... tryed to find this model but couldn't :(

Just wondering if this could be 1 of new bosses

Level 18
D4 and end game idea:
you know .. final boss doesn't need to be a "unit" it can be like a black citadel with good attack animations and summons other previous bosses from the game, since you discover that he was the mastermind behind gaias corruption , after all the biggest bosses ever weren't humanoids , just like sauron from lord of the rings.

since d4 is going to be a jungle you can add some npc that tells you that gaias is told to live in that floating island but recently they have noticed something strange in there, after you finish d4 you find that the end , where gaia is located everything is corrupted , you first get to fight gaia (corrupted) as one of the last bosses
and the last boss could be him.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Good news for our fellow Gaiaddicts:
Shapy is back in action and once again joined our team as a terrainer. :)
(in the past he did almost all of the Mytargas design and now he is working on some extremely neat new stuff as well as new interiors which we can hopefully showcase soon).
There's now three people working on terrain again, so I think Gaias will make a huge step forward during the next weeks.

Also, the mountain area is taking more and more shape. I think I can finish it during the next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.