• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
It seriously must be a Garena thing with playing a map on a host off someone else's computer.

Level 1
First I would like to give my regards to the creators of this map. One of the best in Warcraft III! Amazing job!!!

Then I'm sorry but I can't read all of these posts they are too many I read most of them but I haven't seen this: I would like to ask approximately when is the next version expected? This question applies for both 1.1j and 1.2.

Thank you in advance :)

Level 10
It'll be done when it is done, hopefully sooner than later :), but you can't rush perfection! I would rather wait a long time for versions than having them rushed out because then I can expect the quality to be greatly increased as well.

Level 1
Well I'm aware of that... I just want to know when should I check the forum again for the new version even if it is in one year because in future I may not be able to log in frequently.

Level 2
Well I'm aware of that... I just want to know when should I check the forum again for the new version even if it is in one year because in future I may not be able to log in frequently.

Yes.. i agree. At least tell us an approximate date or a couple of days in advance so we know when to check for the new version. I have been checking hiveworkshop for the past 2 and a half weeks and it's getting tiring. They should have a subscribe feature like Youtube. If it's like next Wednesday, at least i know i won't be touching my computer until then.

Level 1
Well yes! Even if it will not be true. I(and maybe everybody) want to start when people are still leveling and gathering items not when everyone has everything and it's hard to find a group...

Level 4
If only you guys played on BNet, you'd find that it's pretty easy to find a D3 group, I think whenever I have the time to play and I log on, there's always people online to play with. 100 members in the first Gaia clan, and 28 members in GAlA, we're going pretty strong on BNet.

Level 3
By the way, did anyone share an idea of increasing remedy range, so druids can become overpowered?

Sorry, just reading 34 pages to make sure no one wrote that is just too much for me =/

Level 4
One suggestion that I think should be implemented, is we know monks main attribute was changed from intelligence to agility, why aren't druids changed from agility to intelligence? At least then they'd actually be able to get some attack power since most druids max int.

Level 6
One suggestion that I think should be implemented, is we know monks main attribute was changed from intelligence to agility, why aren't druids changed from agility to intelligence? At least then they'd actually be able to get some attack power since most druids max int.

Good call.

Is Bard still agility based, too?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
This wouldn't make sense, if you ask me. You are a bow user, after all. The main attributes are selected for balancing reasons. Int-Healer-Druids are not meant to deal a lot of damage. That's why their upcoming skills don't focus on direct bow damage. Monks would be overpowered with int as the main stat (because of the cleric origin, monks would be a perfect healer, tank AND damage dealer in one - selecting agi for monks as main stat counters this) and plus, it doesn't make sense lore-wise.
But I will make sure damage of druids will not become neglectable. Just because I got trouble nerfing bishops damage output, it doesn't mean that every tank/healer class should be able to deal massive damage :/

When I first released this map, all casters were str based too. Caster classes were designed as melee, as they use a staff after all. I added the ranged attack for balancing reasons and the main int attribute. To be honest, I never feld int should be a main attribute for any of the classes.

Level 10
Also if you would just read like the last page in the thread you would notice that this question has been asked already like 1000 times. Please guys quit pestering Zwebiel about it. it'll get done when it gets done.

Level 6
hey i have one suggestion for rangers idk if som1 posted it yet but anyways i think druid like hunter should have his own lgndary bow best bow druid can get is venomous keeper and it isnt any good after all.
Other thing is i think Eternal Springs the lgndary bow of hunter should have more things or at least a crit % on it sometimes i think sharp shooter is better bcuz of the 5% extra crit chance and it has Armor penetration too but Eternal Springs all it gives is some attack speed, some dmg and a little of armor penetration i just say it needs a crit % on it as well

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Remember that items are not per se meant to be better than others just because they drop later. They are better stat-wise, yes, but for certain purposes other items might be the better option. Sharp Shooter ist great for bosses with high armor, whereas eternal strings might be better for low armored mobs.
This is intentional ... as it allows something I really loved about WoW and want to create with the upcoming 1.2 too, when you need to select which spells you chose: theorycraft.

About all the "give my class a legendary too" comments:
Damn, I knew it was a bad idea to give the name of some items a new color ...
Legendarys are not the holy grail of items ... I mean you can BUY some of them ... what do you expect? They are just a stupid optional money sink for endgame players - nothing more, nothing less...

Level 2
About all the "give my class a legendary too" comments:
Damn, I knew it was a bad idea to give the name of some items a new color ...
Legendarys are not the holy grail of items ... I mean you can BUY some of them ... what do you expect? They are just a stupid optional money sink for endgame players - nothing more, nothing less...

HAHAHA i like how that sounds ~

Level 6
Quick question. I know Zwieb has commented a few times about the 'Theorycraft' in 1.2, and how he will remove Passives and give the player only a limited number of skill slots (#, plus 2 passive for Servant of Nature, plus the return/esc command).

I just wanted to verify that the current number of skills would not put the user over that limit, and if it did, what skill would they lose? Especially since we're getting a new one in 1.1j.... This would have to be enacted there to avoid losses if it's 9 skills-max.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Quick question. I know Zwieb has commented a few times about the 'Theorycraft' in 1.2, and how he will remove Passives and give the player only a limited number of skill slots (#, plus 2 passive for Servant of Nature, plus the return/esc command).

I just wanted to verify that the current number of skills would not put the user over that limit, and if it did, what skill would they lose? Especially since we're getting a new one in 1.1j.... This would have to be enacted there to avoid losses if it's 9 skills-max.
You can't have more than 9 spells pre-1.1j as there are not enough spells existing yet.

Level 10

The way I interpreted it is that you will have a total of 9 maximum spells that you are allowed (Plus two extra slots for summons to make them attack and stuff). This would include both your passive and active spells in one spell book now.

Once 1.1j is released this will take each class to a total of 10 spells they are able to obtain in game, so yes you will have to unlearn a spell in order to obtain the new one. Having said that though the spell you which to unlearn is up to you. In the same place you can restat your hero you can choose to unlearn individual spells. Basically the logic behind this is as more spells are added in the game (think about a point when there are say like 18 spells per class) the player themselves will be able to pick and choose which spells they wish to place on their hero. If they had a pool of 18 spells to choose from theoretically you can have two druids who have 100% completely different spells making them 100% unique in the way they choose to play the game. One druid lets say went hybrid and had a pet so he would choose to carry more attacking and pet spells whereas druid two might choose to go full healer so he would choose to unlearn his servant of nature for future healing spells.

You'll be able to unlearn and relearn any spell at any time you want however for boss drop spells you'll have to refind them if you want to relearn it, or you'll have to rebuy shop spells again.

tl;dr yes in 1.1j you'll have to unlearn one spell if you want to learn your new one but you get to choose which one you want to unlearn & 9 is the maximum spell total

Level 6
The way I interpreted it is that you will have a total of 9 maximum spells that you are allowed (Plus two extra slots for summons to make them attack and stuff). This would include both your passive and active spells in one spell book now.

Once 1.1j is released this will take each class to a total of 10 spells they are able to obtain in game, so yes you will have to unlearn a spell in order to obtain the new one. Having said that though the spell you which to unlearn is up to you. In the same place you can restat your hero you can choose to unlearn individual spells. Basically the logic behind this is as more spells are added in the game (think about a point when there are say like 18 spells per class) the player themselves will be able to pick and choose which spells they wish to place on their hero. If they had a pool of 18 spells to choose from theoretically you can have two druids who have 100% completely different spells making them 100% unique in the way they choose to play the game. One druid lets say went hybrid and had a pet so he would choose to carry more attacking and pet spells whereas druid two might choose to go full healer so he would choose to unlearn his servant of nature for future healing spells.

You'll be able to unlearn and relearn any spell at any time you want however for boss drop spells you'll have to refind them if you want to relearn it, or you'll have to rebuy shop spells again.

tl;dr yes in 1.1j you'll have to unlearn one spell if you want to learn your new one but you get to choose which one you want to unlearn & 9 is the maximum spell total

err, kinda misinterpretted.

I know the whole unlearn-spells bit.

My concern is, let's say there are 9 spells now. In 1.1j, he puts no limit on it, and doesn't remove the special Passives spot. So you could feasibly fit a 10th spell in. What happens if the limit in 1.2 is 9 spells, and you have 10? Does the game pick a random spell to lose? What if it was a hard scroll to find, or costed 5,000?

I just want to know what the limit is, whether it'll be put into play in 1.1j, and whether it'll affect us later or not.

Level 13
there are currently 11 slots per page, so why would we have to unlearn one, when was it announced there would be a 10 spell limit?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
err, kinda misinterpretted.

I know the whole unlearn-spells bit.

My concern is, let's say there are 9 spells now. In 1.1j, he puts no limit on it, and doesn't remove the special Passives spot. So you could feasibly fit a 10th spell in. What happens if the limit in 1.2 is 9 spells, and you have 10? Does the game pick a random spell to lose? What if it was a hard scroll to find, or costed 5,000?

I just want to know what the limit is, whether it'll be put into play in 1.1j, and whether it'll affect us later or not.
The spell limit of 9 was always there, even if you were not able to reach it. Don't worry, there won't be any problems. You won't lose spells.
In 1.1j, the 9 spell limit is already active.

Just a small progress update:
Finished spells of Crusader, Berserker, Monk, Bishop and Hunter now. So you could call it halfway done. :)
But I think the spells for the other 5 classes will be coded a lot faster, as they are more simple in concept.
Vtoisimba, who is in charge of D4 terrain also presented me some stuff done now. Looks pretty good.

Level 2
cant wait for 1.2 to release gaias retaliation was and still is a very successful warcraft map

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Finished all of the druid spells now. And damn, Druid will be pretty cool with 1.2 with all that new summoning spells and this one new utility spell.

Now there are only the thief and mage classes left until I'm done with spellcoding. (18/30)

Once everything is done, I will make some screenshots of all the new spells.

Let's see wether 1.2 will come with the first discussion threads about which spells to chose for which classes. ... :)

Level 1
Finished all of the druid spells now. And damn, Druid will be pretty cool with 1.2 with all that new summoning spells and this one new utility spell.

Now there are only the thief and mage classes left until I'm done with spellcoding. (18/30)

Once everything is done, I will make some screenshots of all the new spells.

Let's see wether 1.2 will come with the first discussion threads about which spells to chose for which classes. ... :)

Thief and Mage class left ? That's twelve spells remaining ; which means 6 spells each...Am I missing something ?

Level 4
You will prove how hunter is usefull when u get that 2 items u re after :)
And dont forget that hunter's other good side is that it is easy to play hunter. easy to play but hard to gear up..

Level 17
In my opinion, you could change the bishop ability (overheal adds mana).
Until now, you tried to avoid overheals, cause u will get mana and cooldown problems.
Then u can permaheal without having mana problems, so it will be much easier to play bishop :/

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
In my opinion, you could change the bishop ability (overheal adds mana).
Until now, you tried to avoid overheals, cause u will get mana and cooldown problems.
Then u can permaheal without having mana problems, so it will be much easier to play bishop :/
You'd still lose a whole lot of mana if you overheal. But this ability is useful on very hard hitting bosses were you simply have to spamheal in order to handle the amount of damage.
Also, it's good for people that accumulate spellpower.

Level 3
it depends how its calculated. If it gives you mana for the amount of overheal it will be imba on normal heal because full gear bishop heals for 600-700 . If it gives fixed amount for each overheal than mend will be imba because of the 5 ticks :) so i guess the most important stuff is how the overheal is converted into extra mana.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
it depends how its calculated. If it gives you mana for the amount of overheal it will be imba on normal heal because full gear bishop heals for 600-700 . If it gives fixed amount for each overheal than mend will be imba because of the 5 ticks :) so i guess the most important stuff is how the overheal is converted into extra mana.
You get a flat 2 mana for every overhealing, no matter wether it is just 1 hitpoint or 500. It doesn't work on mend, though, just "Heal" and "Flash of Light", which will be a new heal spell in 1.2. Also remember, that mana consumption and mana potions get changed in 1.1j so that mana is more important in the future.

{EDIT}
This is the full list of new spells in 1.2:
I marked the spells that I haven't completed yet, as they are possibly still being changed, depending on how they turn out.

Bishop: Plane Shift, Flash of Light, Divine Feedback
Monk: Divine Fist, Stone Skin, Body and Mind
Berserker: Berserker Rage, Lightning Blade, Blades of Death
Crusader: Crusade, Emergency, Guardian Angel
Hunter: Beast Fury, Beastial Rage, Magic Arrow
Druid: Call Nymph, Call Efreet, Recovery
Assassin: Into the Shades, Coup de Grace, Shady Grace
Bard: Song of Elements, Inspire, Song of Peace
Sorcerer: Spell Mirror, Lightning Charge, Water Elemental
Necromancer: Summon Skeleton Mage, Detonating Bones, Curse of the Vampire

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
I am incredibly excited! Regarding 1.1j, will you be releasing one of the new abilities and if so, which ones?

Also, will you be fixing the wolf glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.