• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Yeah it's been fun. Looking forward to the next event.

My favorite maps this time:
Hero Push
Rise of Winterchill
Battleships

Blood Tournament (it's a little boring, but good enough to fill the time)

What i would like to see in the future:
Enfo FFB version / Enfo classical version
A round of classic 6v6
Strategy maps like The new World or Lords of Europe
Experimental maps like Goblin Exploration Squad or so

Pyramid Escape / Uther Party (as filler)
Starship Troopers (a futuristic defense map as filler)

Level 24
Dat attempt to join though.

All you have to do is leave to the main screen (the main B.net screen) and then join.

I actually forgot about the voice chat... even though it was my idea :D

And why do people have so much trouble pronouncing my name?

Level 19
Dat attempt to join though.

All you have to do is leave to the main screen (the main B.net screen) and then join.

I actually forgot about the voice chat... even though it was my idea :D

And why do people have so much trouble pronouncing my name?

Well, thanks for the advice now I guess. Notice though that the trying to join part is very short. Most of the video is occupied by the battleship game.
It's a shame you forggot the voice chat, but o well, it was fun.
I dunno... I think it was a running gag at some point.

Level 19
@Paillan Please rename the video to something more descriptive including a date. Also, please add a link to this thread in the description including some more information for people who don't know what it is.

As you say chief ;)
EDIT:
Changed video's name to something more fitting
Added date of recording, extra information and link in the description of the video.
That should work.

Last edited:
Level 26
Starter Edition = Free 2 Play...
No one looking at my signature?
Oh wait, I just realized what your signature meant. I thought you were refering to special editions. Derp. Is that version capable of playing maps with expansion only material? Generally, I have gotten used to ignoring signatures because it generally functions as a personal marketing of your own models or hobbies that you wish for others to look at.

The reason I am asking for people to reveal their ability to play, is because I can then figure out possible games we could play, where our limit is. I'm not sure if there's many that are unable, so I feel that adressing that you can not is unnecessary. Those that reveal themselves to be able to will be written down, the ones who are silent either has no interest or no way to play and wont be written down anyway.

I chatted about having this SC2 version funmap event on Saturday. For those interested, I hope this works for you all.[/SIZE]

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I have the free version, and it seems to have everything (all expansion data) except, of course, for the campaigns. (the main reason I wanted it). :<

That being said, while I'm crazy busy & like Sc2 less than Wc3, I wouldn't mind being notified occasionally of Sc2 game nights.

Level 21
I can name a few, that we have played last time:

Battleships
Rise of Winterchill
Blood Tournament
Hero Push

I'd be down for more strategic maps like:
Lords of Europe
The New World

Uther Party is a common sight as well

You can also recommend a map, but which one we are playing will be decided spontaneously in most cases - it all depends on the current mood of the flock.

Level 32
WaterKnight said he might be busy this Saturday, so I'll organize this.

Announcement Note

Unexpected tab 2

Date of appointment: 10th of September (Saturday) 7:00pm (CET)
Meeting spot: Chat of Hiveworkshop, Hive Discord for optional voice chat, and Clan THW @ Northrend
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net, Eurobattle.net, EntConnect.

Last edited:
Level 32
Same date for StarCraft 2 Funmap Evening Event, btw. : p
I just clarified some confusion with MiniMage and he stated that you planned an "SC2 Funmap Evening Event". Guys, if you plan an event for the public, you need to post about it to avoid scheduling conflicts like we have now. Announcing a conflicting event after an official scheduling shouldn't happen.

There is no SC2 Funmap Evening event. People are allowed to play SC2 with their buds of course, but it conflicts with the official WC3 event.

PS. We're in Warcraft 3 -> Multiplayer Clans and Arrangements forum :p

Level 26
Same date for StarCraft 2 Funmap Evening Event, btw. : p
No subsection exists in the hive forum for organizing of SC2 multiplayer events, after chatting with StoPCampinGn00b, I found out that there a plan for one to be made. I suggest migrating such traffic to a discord group. Active or not, we would at least have a place to spread the news of future arrangements of sc2 related gaming events. I could probably make one and invite you guys to it. Send me a PM if you guys are interested. This way there wont be a conflict with hive events and no conflicts would be made.

Level 32
Wait no, huh? I didn't say I'll push for a SC2 forum for multiplayer; that was just your suggestion. I was saying that the Starcraft Nexus forum has been used for multiplayer events in the past, and that I'm not sure if a new SC2 forum just for multiplayer events would be active enough.

You can always suggest those things in site discussion, of course.

Level 26
I never said you would push for it. I pointed out that you informed me that there was no plan for one to be made and thus I suggested a compromise that'll fill that void without making it so that members has to spend time digging through a generic SC2 section looking for the right thread. Because generally, by the time you find the right thread, you lose interest because it just takes to long to find. This compromise solves problems about appearance in regards to activity as well as creating a place for SC2 players to look for, as well as hindering conflict with the official hive event you and waterknight are managing.

Edit: SC2 group created on Discord, I started inviting a couple people already.

Last edited:
Level 32
I never said you would push for it. I pointed out that you informed me that there was no plan for one to be made and thus I suggested a compromise that'll fill that void without making it so that members has to spend time digging through a generic SC2 section looking for the right thread. Because generally, by the time you find the right thread, you lose interest because it just takes to long to find. This compromise solves problems about appearance in regards to activity as well as creating a place for SC2 players to look for, as well as hindering conflict with the official hive event you and waterknight are managing.

Edit: SC2 group created on Discord, I started inviting a couple people already.
Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. Though, anyone can always create a new thread for it in the Starcraft Nexus.

are we having a 24 hours challenge for this one?
No, not this time. Start suggesting maps. I'll start with my suggestion of Risk Devo, but if no one else but 2 or so people know how to play, we can pass on this map :)

Last edited:
Level 39
I'd love to play Advent of the Zenith or Desert of Exile if that's possible. Not sure either of those ever got updated to work with new patches and I realize they're just AoSes but still fun, pretty, and very well-made.

Edit: Actually just realized this is in CET, which makes it during work for me on Saturday. If this is still happening around 12:30 am CET Sunday morning I'd be down to play then. But I can't make it any earlier than that.

Level 6
@StoPCampinGn00b
Hero Push
E V O L V E S
Builders & Figthers v1.3
Hoihoi's Custom Hero Survival (AR Heroes & Spells)
Are you a Lucker? (are a v2 version no? for more then 4?
Azeroth Wars Legacy Reborn
Stronghold (3 teams)
WarCraft Maul: X27b (or X26)
Legendary Gladiators X4 (X4.1 is the one you find now days but the X4 with a Green X is better :p)

So some map Ideas for us :)

Level 32
Edit: Actually just realized this is in CET, which makes it during work for me on Saturday. If this is still happening around 12:30 am CET Sunday morning I'd be down to play then. But I can't make it any earlier than that.
There's a good chance some of us would still be online at that time. One of the funmap "evenings" lasted over 12 hours, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.