• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

🕹 Funmap Evening Event 🕹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
If a user has legally bought his copy or not is not really any of our concern since we can't really verify the validity of anyones claim, be they good or bad. Thus, punishing anyone for speaking about it would be counter productive.
Nobody is talking about punishing anyone. We just don't want people to talk about piracy on this site.
As a moderator on this site, it is part of your job to make sure that users do not discuss piracy, keep that in mind.
Nowhere in the rules is it mentioned that I need to pay for a BNet account OR own a legitimate copy of WC3 in order to post here. The only "bare reference" is that I don't discuss piracy or drugs. As far as I know, I didn't encourage or force a "let's all torrent wc3 and play on lan!" because game ranger and garena aren't piracy software.

I will further "refrain" from telling people that I have a cracked wc3 client. Instead I will proceed to tell them a pitiful story that involves "my cat scratched my warcraft cd and I no longer can use my BNet account".
The rules say that you must not discuss piracy. That is all.

Oh and that "cat scratched my CD" is old as you can download the client legally from battle.net if you have the keys.

Level 32
MiniMage said:
To be fair, BattleNet for warcraft 3 is a ghost realm populated now by looping hosting bots and nothing else of much value.
This is 100% false and you're completely misinformed - that would have been for the most part true years ago. Most games I host and join via MMH / ENT fill in 6 minutes on average. The majority of ongoing public lobbies can be shown here: http://makemehost.com/games.php
Regulated games managed by ENT can be shown here: https://entgaming.net/forum/games.php

No, I'm not trying to advertise. I'm just annoyed when people say that B.net multiplayer is full of dead lobbies when the experience is arguably better than 2011 and such since that was the case years ago. DotA flooding? Absolutely gone. Cheaters, trolls, and hackers? Regulated by ENTgaming.net. Not to mention the really nice variation of game types hosted.

MiniMage said:
Instead of dismissing valid alternatives, embrace them instead. It's a much more healthy mindset. We can't change the way the wind blows, we can merely adjust our sails.
Valid alternatives... there have been so much complaints about GArena, Gameranger, RGC and such these days. These paved the way for a broader user base from countries where WC3 wasn't mass launched, but now, WC3 is a classic and Battle.net is a better platform. And how is it healthy to embrace stealing?

On topic:
I would be joining if it was hours to days later. If I do join on this set time, i'd be 3 hours late to the party :p

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Guys, I don't think we should talk about the platform anymore. The guys have stated that this will be available on several platforms. We should talk about map suggestions and who is coming.

I hope to come, but it depends on whether or not my girlfriend goes into labor.

Last edited:
Level 13
I hope I can make it in time as well. But I will be there for sure. :)

For the "off-topicer", the discussion about the platform is pretty redundant. It doesn't matter if the original b.net is a ghost town because we are a set group.
Garena isn't as accessible as it used to be. But if one is looking closely at the Hosting bot accessibility, one can see that even a pirate can join the party.
(Only the ranger guys can play for themselves.)

So, hop on the train and have fun until we fall asleep.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Nobody is talking about punishing anyone. We just don't want people to talk about piracy on this site.
As a moderator on this site, it is part of your job to make sure that users do not discuss piracy, keep that in mind.

The rules say that you must not discuss piracy. That is all.

Oh and that "cat scratched my CD" is old as you can download the client legally from battle.net if you have the keys.

I see. I don't even have a cat anyways

This is 100% false and you're completely misinformed - that would have been for the most part true years ago. Most games I host and join via MMH / ENT fill in 6 minutes on average. The majority of ongoing public lobbies can be shown here: http://makemehost.com/games.php
Regulated games managed by ENT can be shown here: https://entgaming.net/forum/games.php

No, I'm not trying to advertise. I'm just annoyed when people say that B.net multiplayer is full of dead lobbies when the experience is arguably better than 2011 and such since that was the case years ago. DotA flooding? Absolutely gone. Cheaters, trolls, and hackers? Regulated by ENTgaming.net. Not to mention the really nice variation of game types hosted.

Then we're all misinformed. Maybe I should consider buying a BNet key more seriously.

(Only the ranger guys can play for themselves.)

We always do.

Level 15
Hey hey hey hey hey ...

Personally I come aside with sentrywiz since he makes some point that ALSO helps me.
The fact is, I myself play on Gameranger TOO. And yes, I have a cracked wc3 client.
The important thing is "why"...
I will tell you... I can't even pay anything online, here in the 3rd world country (or almost of em) , there is no way to have a credit-card, no way to load money into paypal, and no way to even use Steam, pay for games or shop online.
So the only solution to play Warcraft was, to buy it, but from my country's normal shops, yet, they also sell pirated games, because there was no way to get them as genuine-copies.

The CD still exists 'til now and it was a horrible day to know that my CD Key isn't original.

It's the bitty truth, now, I want justice, I will retrieve this from some administrative topic :
"Because our very concern is every member".

I am a member, I want justice *cough cough*.

Level 23
At the same time, you have to consider majority vs minority. 2 people that cant use battle net vs 15+ people that can attend that can use battle net, shifting 2 people to battle net is easier than shifting 15 people to gameranger, which they may not want to play at anyways.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

At the same time, you have to consider majority vs minority. 2 people that cant use battle net vs 15+ people that can attend that can use battle net, shifting 2 people to battle net is easier than shifting 15 people to gameranger, which they may not want to play at anyways.

Well said. Bit harsh, but if you have a BNet and would participate, it would be cumbersome if you would download a third party software to play on instead. I understand all of your points of view, they are valid.

But I wouldn't call us "minority". I will bet real money that there are FAR more people on hive with a cracked wc3 and without a BNet account than there are people that have both. Its just that we don't know (besides me and johnysone) that came to the light about it. I will even claim that "us" are more than 60%. Just a random guess, but I have a hunch about it

Still your point stands and this leads nowhere being discussed. We'll play on 3rd party software, you guys will play on BNet. Bit sad that the community is getting split because of BNet needing money to play but that's that. "Us" will just have to host our own "warcraft night" for ourselves on game ranger or garena

I'm just glad we all have one common ground - wc3 modding :thumbs_up:

Level 23
I was talking of course only about the group that is showing interest and is willing to participate during this event, not global scope.

Im sure if there was some easy way to host across gameranger while having the same game hosted on bnet, they would do it, but apparently it isnt feasible or even doable at all

Level 7
Im sure if there was some easy way to host across gameranger while having the same game hosted on bnet, they would do it, but apparently it isnt feasible or even doable at all

Let's forget about gameranger for a second now, isn't there any other program that gameranger user would download and that would be able to connect both the program and battlenet like Garena did?

Level 13
Let's forget about gameranger for a second now, isn't there any other program that gameranger user would download and that would be able to connect both the program and battlenet like Garena did?

Back to suggesting maps.

This isn't a pure hive event. Members from other forums join as well.
The platform discussion does not belong in here.
If people want to organize a fun map evening for gameranger users, make a thread for that.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
Announcement Note

Date of appointment: 7th of November (Saturday) 9.00pm CET (UTC+1)
Meeting Channel: #inwc.de-maps-FA (quakenet irc)
Hosting bot accessibility: Battle.net Northrend, Azeroth, Lordaeron, Eurobattle.net

Can we duplicate this in the OP? It's annoying back-searching through pages for the most recent announcement.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Well due to simply staggering turn of events, Risk.Frishers bought me a BNet account. I guess I'm now a legit consumer of the wc3 community. So now I can participate with you guys.

Also I like to suggest few of my maps as they are relatively easy to play with many players:
pk jail (2-12 players. has AI)
villager wars (2-10 players. has AI)
blink stomp arena (2-12 players. has AI)

Level 26
Accounts are free, you probably mean a pair of keys. Eurobattle.net does not need them afaik. And yes, I would integrate GameRanger if it was possible (I use it myself when I am on my own) and no, I am not versed with bots at all. Considering the thread structure, I will make some modifications until next time. The title does not fit anymore either.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Accounts are free, you probably mean a pair of keys. Eurobattle.net does not need them afaik. And yes, I would integrate GameRanger if it was possible (I use it myself when I am on my own) and no, I am not versed with bots at all. Considering the thread structure, I will make some modifications until next time. The title does not fit anymore either.

Yeah I meant cd key for warcraft RoC and TFT. You're not versed with bots?

Also, what do you mean by thread structure modifications?

Level 26
I just followed some tutorials when I set it up. I do not know the specifics or what's going on exactly. But there are multiple services nowadays. Using an ENT that you only request via web interface for example is also possible.

I would relay the announcements to first post, probably write some more words for general information, it's not even up to date anymore, also to give an overview to myself, rename the thread to something like "Funmap Evening". I could outsource the maps list or whatever. The Evening records are also off, have to take a look if there are still replays lingering around on my drive.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
I'm gonna join up in chat soon and put a few hours into a map of mine that most of you haven't played (10 players).

Hopefully we can try that out tonight too :)

Edit:

WK said:
If I was not occupied I would have tried the last weekend btw although I do not know how others are fine with Halloween/Reformation Day. So as with a little delay, I would suggest some Halloween-theme maps.

I'm down for extreme candy war!

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Could you give a specific or near specific time when does this start?

Also, room name and stuff would be nice. I just got BNet, so I don't really know how to join bots.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
Emperor_Penguin_Manchot_empereur.jpg

Edit:

@waterknight see attached

Attachments

• (10)TheGorge090a.w3x
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 49
Level 26
Battle.Net Northrend/Battle.Net Azeroth/Eurobattle.net as written in the announcement. There are no obligations other than being able to join and decency specified. You can suggest maps at any time. I went over the first post, hopefully it covers the common questions now.

edit: another masterpiece from bhusta for you courteous Hive people:

144287-albums4222-picture104631.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
Hello hive and THW Clan members,

maybe the clan is searching for some 20-30 min PvP games.

I've made a map, it's called Soul Island and might be the right map for you games.
It's already on http://makemehost.com/ and also on hive http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/soul-island-v2-08-a-242264/

The map is more fun if the players are already experienced, the first few rounds are a bit slow, but once you know what you're doing the map is much fun.
Also some more feedback for me would be nice, then I could improve the map even more.

Hopefully you guys take a look, also write me when I'm online (my name is Sh4kE, Northrend) in Wc3.

Have a good day,
Sh4kE

Level 26
Aiming for the weekend after the next one (26th-28th). You can suggest what maps you would like to play but please refrain from using this thread as an advertisement point for your maps. You may play your map with us but do not just drop your product in here and expect us to test it for you.

Since I got hold of some webspace at an own domain, I shall migrate the recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.