• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fourth Age Middle Earth - War of Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So what if they see it.It is good looking weapon

Well if they don't see it, it's not worth having in the map. It takes up extra space in the map, that if they're not going to see, is just wasted.

It may just be a great looking weapon, but it's useless if they can't see it.

Level 8
Lets get some few things done here.... Right now Dr. itsekk is doing the terrain, I've requested him Helms Deep because I always can't get to get the damn thing done. If anyone is up for it, I will send you the map.

We need to talk about the events, Should I have them at all in my map? What kind of events do you guys want?

Balancing of Morgoth needs to be considered, I'm planning to have a event in the middle of the game that allows Nurn builders to allow the building of the Temple to Morgoth. How strong should he be? What Kind of spells?

Level 21
Will other units have attached weapons also.If so I can try to find some weapons.

EDIT:
-Events sound nice.
-I am not terrainer.
-Maybe good guys should summon Manve.Balance of the force.
-Morgoth should have some kind of corrupting abilities.

Last edited:
Level 14
We need to talk about the events, Should I have them at all in my map? What kind of events do you guys want?

Events should be battles. And you should have a dialog at the beginning of the map whether or not they want to have the battles on or off.

Balancing of Morgoth needs to be considered, I'm planning to have a event in the middle of the game that allows Nurn builders to allow the building of the Temple to Morgoth. How strong should he be? What Kind of spells?

Morgoth should be a little on the unbalanced side, but not mega unbalanced.

I had stun and cleaving spells for my Morgoth. It seems fitting.

Level 9
artins do u still want an orc archer because i made one using grunt body, archer anims and a really cool lowfilsize bow. if u want i can pm?

Level 3
I've made a quick terrian for Helms Deep. It really sucks, but it's a beginning. Right now I don't know how to do it. I hope you can give me any specific ideas of how to make it. Then again i'm not sure if the general idea is ok, or how much space i should use. Can any of you guys do it better or something?

7165-helms-depp1.jpg

Btw, you should use that last texture space.

Level 14
That looks really good. Just get rid of the ground paths for the turrets, they look terrible.

+rep

Level 8
looks better than what ever I would have came up with, seriously, I'm lucky I found you. +rep

oh, and I have one more texture space? Didn't know, You can choose one if you need too... No need to ask.

Level 3
Ye the cave is at the cirlce, and i'll try to put a real cave there. Anyway i'm gonna do it better, but i don't know when i'll get it done. Lots of family around. Btw thanks for the rep :)

Level 14
Merry Christmas Artins, Veljko, Ghost, and everyone else :D

Erm.. screw it if that's off-topic of the thread, it's Christmas Eve!

Level 34
Nah, just after briefly off-topic'ing. Besides, you are off-topic too now, hehe. Oh wait, me too.

On-Topic: Merry Christmas and I hope your map will go on just fine.

Level 14
No he wasn't on the pagan side.

LotR is riddled with Christian undertones. He even said so himself. He was good friends with C.S. Lewis who also wrote very religious stories.

Level 14
Well, that's simple. There aren't multiple deities.

There is one God; Eru Iluvatar. He created the Valar, you could see them as arch-angels, sent to Middle-Earth to look after the world, and shape it, but in the end everything goes according to Iluvatar's will.

And then there are the Maiar, which you could see as regular angels that have come to Middle-Earth, with the Valar, to help Iluvatar's children (elves and men).

People often confuse the Valar with Gods because they're practically omnipotent, BUT they're not gods. There is only 1 God; Eru Iluvatar.

Level 9
i hate that hobby of yours, almean if u dont have a project right now, doesnt mean u should start a new one, u already have 2 or 3 other maps going. complete them first

Level 21
Anyway in features of this map you said that there will be events.
Whats the plan.Having some major attacks or searching for lost things from old ages?
Or some kind of third creep faction that will sometimes bother players like rebelions, bandits, leftovers of great armies like wild Uruk-Hai?

Level 8
Events, we hadn't gotten far on yet. I see that Conflict for Sereg D'or map isn't protected, so I'm trying to learn the triggers they used for events. Theres a event list but that's unbalanced crab i was babbling about. We will get to that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.