• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fourth Age Middle Earth - War of Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Mumakils doesn't make you the top dog in Middle Earth. Harad sure is numerous, but their armor is thin and they have Gondor right under their nose. Gondor soldiers are heavily armored and they have good archers, which makes Harad really hard to win a battle against the Gondor even if their troops double enemies numbers.

Level 22
well its quite simple i think.
Make an autocast ability called Fire Arrows.
Lets classify the beasts as....ehh.. i dunno...Ancients.
Make sure to change the Name Ancients to Creature or something like that in the Game Interface
Make the ability target only Ancients, and it deals X extra damage.
Heres something optional:
Add a buff to the spell that is like "The Creature is on fire"
Make a trigger that checks if the units life is under like 200 and has the Creature is on Fire buff and give it to hostile, since it would go insane. After like a couple seconds you could kill it off.

Level 14
Anyway, Artins, what are you actually working on right now?

Units? Heroes? Terrain? Triggers?

Is there anything specific that I can help with :)

Level 8
Terrain and units. The fun stuff first to get people interested, and triggers later. I could use help on terrain and triggers, since I think I ain't good at these. It would be great if you can help out.

Level 14
Hmm well terrain is, sadly, not my forte. I can help a little on triggers. I don't know JASS though.

If you want, PM me what you need and I'll see if I can help. I'll make a demo map with the triggers in it and just send it to you.

It's a lot easier that way.

Level 14
we ain't gonna need some fancy triggers, just spawns and upgrade of them which I experiment with a little. Other than that, I can't find much other use for the triggers.

Well like I said, if there's anything specific that you want me to do let me know.

You can even copy the triggers for spawns from my map. Though it is a little complicated and probably isn't the most efficient.

Level 14
Well during the school year I wasn't really. School pretty much took over. But I'm going to try to get started again now.

But 1 or 2 triggers really aren't all that hard to do.

Level 3
terrain

Hey Artnis your terrian is good. I've done some smaller changes around on the random terrain. I noticed that the stone road was kind of ugly, and that you have 1 texutre space remaining. Try to use for a road or something like that.

Anyway, I don't know if you will agree with my terraining. Here is Dunharrow:

7048-dunharrow

I'm not sure if I liked the model you used, but i used it anyway. What do you guys think? Am i on the right track or not?

The ground texture looks ok some places, but maybe you should remove it completely. If you want it i'll keep it. Next i'll do some changes in Dol Amroth and keep thinking of helms deep.

Level 8
Haradrims arms them selves with scimitar and spiked shield. Oh and the Dunharrow looks nice, but I think you should raise the brown things higher, so they look like walls. Otherwise great, +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.