• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest Separation

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Forest Separation

By XsizterX

Separated by an Elven Gate in the outer Village forest, two players must build and survive to become the ruler of the forest. With four gold mines, two markets and a bunch of hostile enemies, who will rise to top?

Media

The Map

OUp8XCL.jpg

Friendly Locals

tTtSl3d.jpg

Hostile Enemies

BlIgCx0.jpg

Extra Information

This is my first melee map that i created and i like how it turned out, there are four gold mines, 2 on each side and 2 market places which are of course defended by hostile enemies. Tell me what you think and what i should improve on it.

Keywords:
Warcraft III, Two Players, Village, Forest, Frozen Throne, Random
Contents

Forest Separation (Map)

Reviews
20:39, 16th Apr 2016 Ardenian: The terrain needs a lot more love. You could check out some of our tutorials to learn about some decent terraining tricks and how to greatly improve the look. There should be tile variation, for example, maybe an...

M

20:39, 16th Apr 2016
Ardenian: The terrain needs a lot more love.
You could check out some of our tutorials to learn about some decent terraining tricks
and how to greatly improve the look.
There should be tile variation, for example, maybe an additional texture for tiles under trees
and the common ground should not be only dirt.

There is this path down from the middle to the bottom, that's a severe asymmetry.
Either add this shape to the top, too, or remove it.

You could also think about adding a few small creep groups, to give
inital heroes a task and some exp boost.

Small melee maps are interesting to play, but yours could offer some more features.
You might want to take a look on Competitive Melee Map and How to create melee maps