• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Separation Anxiety

User who uploaded this Presents

Separation Anxiety
Created by normalice

Map Info:
Experimental design 3v3 games only.

Features:
Designed as a 3v3 map except one player on each team spawns far away. This makes one player on each team susceptible to rushes, leaving each team the decision to defend or try to force a TP by attacking.

Has two taverns, two observatories, four shops, and one fountain of mana. All mines have the standard 12.5k.

Updates:
modified ally properties

Screenshots:
(coming soon)

Other work:
Pack

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Separation Anxiety (Map)

Reviews
16:51, 13th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Map can be considered, although the terrain view looks a bit wide and has crude decorations, I suggestively ask if you could add more rock spires via Outland texture version this could give more detail, strategic...

M

16:51, 13th Mar 2014
Orcnet: Map can be considered, although the terrain view looks a bit wide and has crude decorations, I suggestively ask if you could add more rock spires via Outland texture version this could give more detail, strategic blockage, and maximize the unused space.

Level 21
Not good! These are the reasons:-

- Tile variation was used really badly!
- The terrain seems flat even if you put some slight raisings and lowerings
- Some Rocks Floating everywhere by the map. They look really bad!
- No creeps guarding the Gold Mines

Meh, this melee map is bad and so I give this 1.5/5, rate 2 and vote for REJECTION!

Level 13
All Blizzard melee maps which are for 3vs3 have their gold mines guarded. And you should really lessen the rough dirt and remove the floating rocks. Make the terrain more hilly and add more Light Dirt and Cracked Dirt. If you do all that, the result should be good.
well, blizzard's 3v3 maps can be used for other purposes (i.e. 2v2, FFA...). This one can not. But as I said, I will add them anyway.. I usually do. It just slipped my mind..

Level 13
Even after the updates, the terrain looks bad! Too much rough dirt and the bridges aren't perfectly applied! You should reduce a lot the rough dirt and add the two tiles I said even more!

i like the way the terrain looks :-/ I guess it's a 'tastes' thing...

I would like to modify the 'islands' a bit, but because the cliffs force rough dirt to be the edge, it's hard to do that without looking (imo) bad.

But, what's wrong with the bridges? Is there pathing issues?

Level 21
Some bridges aren't smoothly applied. E.g southern island, the bridge at the right. Look at that bridge and the one at the left and you'll understand what I mean. And believe, about the terrain it's not about personal taste! Outland's tileset is NOT the one where you spam each tile everywhere. Rough Dirt and especially Light Flat Stones look bad if used incorrectly while Dirt, Light Dirt and Cracked Dirt match perfectly.

Level 13
fixed the bridges. Thanks for pointing that out - when I went over them it must have been "night time" and I couldn't see shadows as well...

The terrain has a 'battle-ravaged' look to it, and that's what I was going for. What you are describing is more of a 'desolate' look. I've done that on some outland maps (here, for example), but personally don't like it as much. You seem to have an issue with what are sometimes called "sharp edges." Usually I try to blend them with shrubs, but that would look weird for outlands, and I wanted to go with outlands for the abyss.. anyway, with the exception of the islands (which are too small to really work with), the terrain is exactly how I like it now.

Level 10
All Blizzard melee maps which are for 3vs3 have their gold mines guarded. And you should really lessen the rough dirt and remove the floating rocks. Make the terrain more hilly and add more Light Dirt and Cracked Dirt. If you do all that, the result should be good.

Man, melee maps can have different styles, not only the Blizzard one.
It can be like this, a rush scene.
Or a real hard strategy.
Blizzard's are the balanced ones.

Level 21
Man, melee maps can have different styles, not only the Blizzard one.
It can be like this, a rush scene.
Or a real hard strategy.
Blizzard's are the balanced ones.

True, but my suggestion was just to improve the map and it was OPTIONAL. Also, I see no reason why this couldn't be used for 2vs2 so the gold mines should be guarded if used for this case.

Level 7
I use version 1.26 of The Frozen Throne and I would like to report that night elf A.I. is bugged on this map - if it's placed on 1 of the shared slots (for example on either red or blue) then the Night Elf A.I. attempts to expand within the space of the neighbour and does not collect Gold for some odd reasons.

What makes things worse is that if the player neighbouring Night Elf is able to build his base faster than the night elf,then the Night Elf A.I. stops building stuff altoghether.

Undead AI is also fked

Last edited: