• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How further reduce the distance between flying units? [Movement-Group Separation]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
In this case, I needed to scale the Ravens 50%, but visibly they could get closer by the collision itself, but the group separation has a minimum distance by default with a value that still maintains a very large distance.
Would it be possible to further DECREASE the separation distance against stacking flying units?
I refer to the Object Editor item: "Movement - Group Separation". Wc3, in the "Parameter" option, allows you to increase this automatic separation between units up to 4 times, but "0" is the default value and the minimum allowed for minimals modifications. If you enter negative values, it disables the separation function (not what I want as it would disable collision completely).
Is there any light for this? Has anyone ever managed to work with rawcodes (internal) assets in Wc3... in that regard?
1659014427102.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Not really, friend... Disabling the separation function for a flying unit would be the same as having collision turned off completely. As far as I know, normally, flying units do not have collision for path identifiers within the Wc3 engine. This function is important because of this, as it only serves to automatically push units away when they are attacking or standing still.
Plastically this would be great and would work 50% of the time... but it is not what was expected and not so correct.
Technically it doesn't work, they will "STACK" on occasion:
1659033959409.png

Not really, friend... Disabling the separation function for a flying unit would be the same as having collision turned off completely. As far as I know, normally, flying units do not have collision for path identifiers within the Wc3 engine. This function is important because of this, as it only serves to automatically push units away when they are attacking or standing still.
Plastically this would be great and would work 50% of the time... but it is not what was expected and not so correct.
Technically it doesn't work, they will "STACK" on occasion:
View attachment 404378
Hm maybe somebody will have a better solution, maybe an event when that flying unit will attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.