• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Footman, Captain, and Derivatives

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Footman, Captain, and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Footman (Optimized) Info:

• Combined the Portrait with the model.
  • Fixed some wrapping of the texture.

• Added back the scabbard.

• Fixed the eye guard texture wrapping and normals.

Captain (Optimized) Info:
  • Combined the Portrait with the model.
  • Fixed some wrapping of the texture.

Captain (Gilneas) Info:
  • Created a Gilnean version of the Captain.

• Resaved using Retera's model editor to avoid a bug.

Captain (Kul Tiras) Info:
  • Created a Kul Tiras version of the Captain.

Captain (Risen) Info:
  • Created an Undead version of the Captain.

• Fixed the Death sound.

Death Guard Info:
  • Created a Forsaken version of the Footman.

• Added back the Defend stance.

Footman (Bandit) Info:
  • Created a Bandit version of the Footman.

• Uploaded.

Footman (Ebon Blade) Info:
  • Created a Death Knight version of the Footman.

• Uploaded.

Footman (Stromgarde) Info:

Footman (Stromgarde, Undead) Info:
  • Created an Undead version of the Stromgardian Footman.
  • Uses CloudWolf's texture for his Galen Trollbane model.

• Fixed the Death sound.

Footman (Risen) Info:
  • Created an Undead version of the Footman.

• Fixed the Death sound.

Keywords:
Defias Brotherhood, Syndicate

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Contents

Captain (Gilneas) (Model)

Captain (Kul Tiras) (Model)

Captain (Optimized) (Model)

Captain (Risen) (Model)

Death Guard (Model)

Footman (Bandit) (Model)

Footman (Ebon Blade) (Model)

Footman (Optimized) (Model)

Footman (Risen) (Model)

Footman (Stromgarde) (Model)

Footman (Stromgarde, Undead) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Edits are small but people might find some use for it.
Level 14
Hey @Ujimasa Hojo thanks for optimizing footman and captain, great job.
Even though the defect is minimal and does not hurt the model's performance, would it be possible for you to review the optimized footman model and close the tiny hole it has in the middle of the forehead (this small defect is present since the vanilla footman)? All that is required is a tiny uv shift.

Also, another tiny thing that could be done would be to remove the footman's texture path from the texture list of the captain, since it seems to me that it is not needed by the Captain's materials (again, I could be wrong on this, please check).

Other than these very minor things it's a great optimization.

Thanks

Last edited:

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

What i was looking for,i can't wait for more.

Level 14
I took the liberty of making a blood elf lieutenant variant of the captain model of this bundle, it's the file called BElieutenant V1.00

@Zephyrius2412 While I don't want to bother adding a priest's face to this model because of the amount of work it would require to be optimally animated, I also wanted to satisfy your request and so I made a customized additional variant of the same lieutenant as the above, which features blood elven green glowing eyes. It's the file called BELieutenantCustomEyes.

I would like that credits for these go entirely to @Ujimasa Hojo
I ask him to evaluate these BELieutenant variants I produced, and please let me know whether it would make sense to add them to the bundle.

(edited files removed due to author's request. reported below):
Regarding those edited versions of yours. You ought to upload them as your own.

Last edited:
Level 50
I took the liberty of making a blood elf lieutenant variant of the captain model of this bundle, it's the file called BElieutenant V1.00

@Zephyrius2412 While I don't want to bother adding a priest's face to this model because of the amount of work it would require to be optimally animated, I also wanted to satisfy your request and so I made a customized additional variant of the same lieutenant as the above, which features blood elven green glowing eyes. It's the file called BELieutenantCustomEyes.

I would like that credits for these go entirely to @Ujimasa Hojo
I ask him to evaluate these BELieutenant variants I produced, and please let me know whether it would make sense to add them to the bundle.
Or you can just wrap the same footman/BElieutenant face with the priest texture as it will require less job.

Level 14
^Right. I tried but I wasn't happy with my results. Maybe someone else with better skill can do it in my stead.

Here's how it looks. I was forced to remove the pupils because they looked very awkward with the priest's eyes as background.

Last edited:
Level 7
^Right. I tried but I wasn't happy with my results. Maybe someone else with better skill can do it in my stead.

Here's how it looks. I was forced to remove the pupils because they looked very awkward with the priest's eyes as background.
This is great! Is it possible that you could make a high elf version using the regular captain and the high elf priest?

Oh oh oh ! @Ujimasa Hojo ? There is a big probelm: look the captain & BE lieutnant texture of the original model in WC3, the vertexs are differents.

There is a problem (TheCaptain Optimized).png

Can you correct this please ?

And @Cuore ? Can you remake the BE Lieutnant & High Elf Captain custom eyes with the corrected model please ? (If Ujimasa read this message :nw:)

Last edited:
Level 14
There is a big probelm
Not really. The new wrap looks better.
Anyway for you and those who want to stick with the old wrap I modified the three types of optimized blood elf lieutenant to mimic more closely the old chest and legs wrap.

As for the captain. If the author of the bundle wants to rewrap the captain, I will leave it to his decision. If he does, I'll update the high elf variant based on it.

Last edited:
Anyway for you and those who want to stick with the old wrap I modified the three types of optimized blood elf lieutenant to mimic more closely the old chest and legs wrap.

As for the captain. If the author of the bundle wants to rewrap the captain, I will leave it to his decision. If he does, I'll update the high elf variant based on it.

Thank you ! :goblin_good_job:

Can you do the same for Captain (high elf) please ?

Level 14

Since there is no explicit adressee in the message here, I'll assume it involves me.
Alright.
I'm still convinced it would have made more sense to keep those in a pack with the rest, but it's your call.
All clear, files removed from the thread.

Last edited:

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Kul Tiras Captain needs some rework.A shield with anchor perhaps?

Level 16
Nice Undead versions.
But, your Death Guard does not fit as Forsaken.
Personnally, I think he fits better as Death Knight elite guard or something. Or even Death Knight on foot lol.
If it was a Captain instead of a footman, he could even be named Falric :p

A forsaken version would use a wooden shield (bandit) and maybe have a cape too.

But nvm, it's just a name xD

Level 9
something I just stumbled upon, but having the Kul Tiras Captain use the Uther skin really makes him look like a prettydecent Silverhand-esque unit/model.

On a different note, what are the odds of having these models mounted as well?

Also, The Gilnean Captain could really use a tad bit more of TC, It's hard to figure out where the unit's allegiance lay when he's turned away from the player in game. Maybe some TC on the shoulders would do?

Last edited:
Level 10
Ujimasa Hojo
Firts i say hello i sent is comment to you see the next image is the captain with one bug
with use custom texture the problem is the same in the footman model

you could repair is please
:) :) :)

Attachments

• Captain Bug.png
    Captain Bug.png
    477.3 KB · Views: 224
Level 29
please, footman of Dalaran

Technically since the Kirin Tor is a group of mages, I don't think they have footmen.

Very good!
Could you please put images of these new footmen in the Previews, if it is not too bothersome of course.