• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

textures repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It appears to be a problem with the model. It looks like the model UV coordinates are not suitable for that texture. The texture works perfectly on the standard footman, but bugs heavily on that model. For example there is some random transparency at the back of its shirt and half the shoulder pads appear to not be covered with alpha so lack team colour.

Last edited:
Level 14
dsg is right, that's pretty much the issue.

However:
Is it necessary to use the optimized footman by U.H.?
Can't the usual footman model be used? It would solve the problem.

(If it's really important to use the U.H. optimized footman, could you please explain to me why? I don't get it.)

Level 10
Here the image
Bug.png
Bug2.png

Attachments

• TheCaptain V2.00.mdx
    123 KB · Views: 27
Level 21

Attachments

• Footman2.mdx
    102.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Footman2_portrait.mdx
    39.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As we have stated dell, the model you have provided appears to have corrupted UV coordinates. UV coordinates define how the texture gets wrapped onto the model. Since they are corrupt the texture is not being positioned properly on the model. The textures work acceptably for the standard footman model so I would recommend using that.

Level 21
As we have stated dell, the model you have provided appears to have corrupted UV coordinates. UV coordinates define how the texture gets wrapped onto the model. Since they are corrupt the texture is not being positioned properly on the model. The textures work acceptably for the standard footman model so I would recommend using that.
Exactly

Level 14
I understood that the OP desires to import additional footman- and captain-models into a map and assign custom textures to them in order to appear as footman/captain variations while preserving the originals with their own textures.
He is concerned about filesize and would have preferred to use Ujimasa Hojo's optimized models for import over the basic ones.
Therefore the OP requests to rearrange the UV layout of ujimasa's footman and captain models to become close to the original ones.
I guess that the opening post needed to be stated more clearly.

My suggestion to the OP is in line with the previous ones: the filesize gap isn't big, basic footmen and captains can fit the textures perfectly and can be used instead of ujimasa hojo optimized variations. It seems that the small filesize gain that would be obtained by restoring the UV layout of the optimized models is not worth the amount of work it would require (we're talking about 140kb with the normal footman VS 125 kb with the optimized one). Just use the basic footman and captain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.