• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Foolishness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yeah. I've been lurking around for a while and reading all these 10-page-long site discussion drama threads, but I haven't been wanting to post because I don't want to get involved in all that drama crap. Whenever someone tries to start a serious topic about the site needing to change, we get replies like "srs bsns is srs" or other half-witted 4chan memes, or just a bunch of flaming towards the user that actually cares.

Anyways, I really think that if you're not going to take the goddamn site seriously you may as well not post in site discussion.

Thanks.

(this is just a message to the community, but I bet it will just turn into another bloody drama thread. oh well... it was worth a shot -.-)

Level 12
There is no defined set of conduct to force people to post intelligently here, so why expect them to?

Yes, it sucks. Yes, mods need to crack down on that kind of thing if they want the quality of the site to improve. Does that mean they have to do it? Nope.

Level 15
Even if there was an absolutely rigidly-defined code of conduct, some people would do their best to get around it. Unless people are (at least somewhat) self-governed, no other form of government will work completely effectively.

Level 36
There is no defined set of conduct to force people to post intelligently here, so why expect them to?

Yes, it sucks. Yes, mods need to crack down on that kind of thing if they want the quality of the site to improve. Does that mean they have to do it? Nope.

I have already made a suggestion concerning this matter. I do hope it's considered.

Level 20
[...] we get replies like "srs bsns is srs"

Thanks for quoting me.

Whenever someone points out that the site needs a change, it's either full of retarded drama, or is said in a retarded way. In any case, it should've been in admin contact. And if you aren't happy about the admin contact rule, talk to the admins.

Level 36
Thanks for quoting me.

Whenever someone points out that the site needs a change, it's either full of retarded drama, or is said in a retarded way. In any case, it should've been in admin contact. And if you aren't happy about the admin contact rule, talk to the admins.

He has every right to quote you. Your comment was unnecessary in that thread. As was already said, there are right and wrong times to spread the lulz. That was a wrong one

Level 20
As far as I remember, there was a rule about if you're unhappy with the way the site or a member is, then you should contact an admin. Not sure though.

EDIT: Okay, Void. Firstly, I was not saying that he did not have the right to quote me.

Secondly, I was not trying to "spread the lulz". I was just pointing out that some of you guys take this site way too seriously as if it were your job. Loosen up a bit. Who cares if the map section isn't clean? Does it REALLY matter? All I was saying is that drama needs OUT.

Also considering the fact that one day, someone is lulzy, the next day he's a serious bitch. There is a time for lulz and seriousness, but don't let these times be so random.

Level 36
Well, I'm serious when I post in site discussion. I think that everyone should be serious in site discussion, lulz are ok in other forums or in the chat, but site discussion needs to be kept 100% serious.

Furthermore I like to make jokes and stuff, but I try not to take it too far. A lot of people here not only make jokes at the wrong time but also the wrong kind of jokes or make too many of them to the point where they turn into insults and nuisances.

Status
Not open for further replies.