• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FLICKERING LIGHT - Horror Texture Pack

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Here it is! my gift to the hive.

-=DISCLAIMER=-
This does not follow the warcraft3 Artstyle.
These textures does NOT support TeamColor.
Also a lot of textures are re-used in different textures to maintain a consistent artstyle.
These were made in a specific artstyle dictated by me to fit my vision.
This is ment to be it's very own special thing, to bring horror back into the modding community. Please note = I'm fully aware and so should you, that some the textures does not fully respect some of the hiveworkshop rules.
Thank you!
-==========-

The ressources were made for a personnal mod project
which is a horror survival. For more information Click the image bellow.

This pack will be updated with new textures and Icons as I go along.

For the love of gawd... give credit where it's due. Thank you :goblin_good_job:
For more textures go here = Mr.Goblin's Textures and Icons Workshop
For more art go here = Art of Vincent Turcot or Vincent Turcot (@artvturcot) • Instagram photos and videos
Also, if you happen to be using them, I'd be more then please to see them at use in your project :)
Previews
Contents

Horror Texture Pack = Abomination (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Abomination BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Abomination DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Acolyte (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Acolyte BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Acolyte DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Banshee (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Banshee BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Banshee DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Boar BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Corrupted Dog (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Corrupted Dog BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Corrupted Dog DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Corrupted Wolf (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Corrupted Wolf DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = CorruptedWolf BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Demon Pitlord (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Demon Pitlord BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Demon PitLord DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Demon Satyr (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Demon Satyr BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Demon Satyr DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Drowner (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Drowner BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Drowner DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Drowner2 (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Drowner2 BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Drowner2 DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Felhound (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Felhound BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Felhound DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Ghoul (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Ghoul BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Ghoul DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Harpy (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Lesser Vampire (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Lesser Vampire BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Lesser Vampire DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Lich (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Lich BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Lich DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Meat Wagon (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Meat Wagon BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Meat Wagon DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Mountain Giant (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Mountain Giant BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Mountain Giant DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Necromancer (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Necromancer BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Necromancer DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Quillboar (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Quillboar DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Revenant (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Revenant BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Revenant DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Siren (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Siren BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Siren DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Skeleton Archer (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Skeleton Warrior (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = SkeletonArcher BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = SkeletonArcher DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = SkeletonWarrior BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = SkeletonWarrior DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Spider (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Spider BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Spider DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Tent BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Tent DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Vampire BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Vampire DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Witch (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Witch BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Witch DISBTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Zombie (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Zombie BTN (Texture)

Horror Texture Pack = Zombie DISBTN (Texture)

Level 14
So... I'm the only one who doesn't see pictures? xD

I see only: , and some small default browser picture when a picture can not be loaded...

I can't upload pictures here to show you what I mean

Actually I can't see the pictures either now that you mention it. I can see all of the icons, but all of the hidden tags don't show anything for me.

The mountain giant skin is incredible and fits with the theme perfectly of course. I've already developed certain areas in my campaign with your skins in mind just because I like them so much. (catacombs and a dead forest, etc)

Actually I can't see the pictures either now that you mention it. I can see all of the icons, but all of the hidden tags don't show anything for me.

The mountain giant skin is incredible and fits with the theme perfectly of course. I've already developed certain areas in my campaign with your skins in mind just because I like them so much. (catacombs and a dead forest, etc)

what about the ''View in 3D''? Everything works for me :S

and thanks! Send me a P.m with your campaign's threads :D

fine new additions to the spooky and scary :3
..although i still wonder what you could make out of a male naga, or a dragon
Naga Myrmidon is definitly on the list....he will join the team of the Swamp like creatures soon enough. Dragons never will be. It just doesn'T fit the universe I'm building for Flickering Light.
Although, Snap Dragons might (as a demon creature or an other swamp creature). And Coalt Dragon too. (as a flying demon bat thingy) :)

These will be made eventually. But not soon, I've warped up all the units I needed for the first playable release. The rest will come after that.

Permission to Convert into .dds texture format for SC2?

I will only do them all if you wish, I just really wanted that ghoul. and the abomination. and the meat wagon. and the zombie.

I would credit you in any way you wish. you did something special with the undead in this pack, I just wanted to take the time to see them all before commenting... which took me a while to do.

I like some more then others, and while I know you like them all equally perhaps, I must say those more colorful ones like the satyr and abomination are very special, but others like the gargoyle and the fel hound seem bit white or a bit black for my taste, but I could still add them all to my Art mod any way....

I feel like this pack keeps growing some how, every time I looked there was something new... one question... Did you ever do any thing to the critter model known as the ''rat'' I know its small and awful but I think I would use that too lol...

this packs quiet something I must say. 9/10 you have re-invented a race.

Edit: did you ever make a bear skin? as in ''misha'' the bear but more like you're wolf?

would the wolf texture work for bears? as in, undead bears?

Permission to Convert into .dds texture format for SC2?

I will only do them all if you wish, I just really wanted that ghoul. and the abomination. and the meat wagon. and the zombie.

I would credit you in any way you wish. you did something special with the undead in this pack, I just wanted to take the time to see them all before commenting... which took me a while to do.

I like some more then others, and while I know you like them all equally perhaps, I must say those more colorful ones like the satyr and abomination are very special, but others like the gargoyle and the fel hound seem bit white or a bit black for my taste, but I could still add them all to my Art mod any way....

I feel like this pack keeps growing some how, every time I looked there was something new... one question... Did you ever do any thing to the critter model known as the ''rat'' I know its small and awful but I think I would use that too lol...

this packs quiet something I must say. 9/10 you have re-invented a race.

Edit: did you ever make a bear skin? as in ''misha'' the bear but more like you're wolf?

would the wolf texture work for bears? as in, undead bears?

Thanks for the warm comments mate!

Yes, you have my permission to include them in starcraft2 :) If you give proper credits. and perhaps a link to this page. As you might suspect, I'm still updating this pack as I go along.
I won't do a texture for the rat, but I do plan on doing a texture for the bears. As for your preference, not every unit has a nice Unwarp to work with. nor the pixels required to make something as detailed. The Gargoyle for exemple is awfully stretched all over the place, compare to the Pitlord who's a wonder to work with. :)

Have a nice day! And keep coming back, new textures are being uploaded. Flickering Light is close to a First playable release, I'm doing new textures everyday for it :)

Level 14
Loving these stash of gold! :)
I would like to know if custom models like Chaos Warrior, Demon King, Cave Goblin, HeroAbomination, and Herrdave's Hunched Orcs would be receiving skins too!

Also I noticed I haven't seen any thunder lizards, kobolds, gnolls, faceless ones, and arachnathids/nerubians yet. :)

Loving these stash of gold! :)
I would like to know if custom models like Chaos Warrior, Demon King, Cave Goblin, HeroAbomination, and Herrdave's Hunched Orcs would be receiving skins too!

Also I noticed I haven't seen any thunder lizards, kobolds, gnolls, faceless ones, and arachnathids/nerubians yet. :)

They would if you use both the models and the custom textures ingame. :) If not. This is not a request thread. I'm doing these custom textures for a personnal project and I simply chose to share my work with the hive community. :D

A really great pack with a lot of very high quality textures, excellent work!
I am excited for new textures.

Thanks mate! Be sure to check the flickering light project thread too!

If you're a modder and you're reading this post... give proper credits if you use this pack or else you're a dick. I've played at least 10 custom games with my custom textures and no proper credits where given... even some games were made from Hivers.

:S

Level 14
If you're a modder and you're reading this post... give proper credits if you use this pack or else you're a dick. I've played at least 10 custom games with my custom textures and no proper credits where given... even some games were made from Hivers.

:S
Credit must given in a mandatory way and as being grateful. I agree with you. If one does not do that, they are a really dickhead and you can restrict them from using your textures. Darn, how these people don't give credit, it's easy peasy thing to do.

Anyways, I'll be crediting you because I'm planning to use some of these awesome creatures and make them as the so-called "Shadow Scourge" or "Grim Heavens". :)

Credit must given in a mandatory way and as being grateful. I agree with you. If one does not do that, they are a really dickhead and you can restrict them from using your textures. Darn, how these people don't give credit, it's easy peasy thing to do.

Anyways, I'll be crediting you because I'm planning to use some of these awesome creatures and make them as the so-called "Shadow Scourge" or "Grim Heavens". :)
Thanks! I'd be more then happy to see your project's thread! :D

Are you going to include a doom guard skin? 0: that would be amazing
The doomguard is a b*tch to texture. But I don't think I will. sorry :(

this is some spooky stuff
Good! if you said ''cute'', I'd be offended ;D heuheu

Holy %$#& , this is amazing

5/5 +Rep

Maaan this is really teasing me, i can't look away with this. I am currently trying to fit this pack along with your Scars of Conflict resource pack. Dude you're crazy talented artist, no wonder why you are so decorated (like a veteran) right now.

omg that is so cool:goblin_good_job:

thanks everyone! make sure to check the project too! :) We are trying to release the first playable soon!

@Mr.Goblin Do you plan on adding more textures to this wonderful pack? :)
if the day comes, when me and @KILLCIDE, finally release the first playable, I want to realease a map with all the custom unit and doodads textures made for the project. :) So, these will have a faire amount of ''new'' content for the hive. But as in Newly produced? = depends on the level of hype we'll have! cheers.

These skins look amazing! The only thing they are missing is team color. Can I have permission to add my own team color when I use them? If not, it's not a problem since I could add some team colored geoset to the model like a team colored weapon, but having the actual body be team colored would be better.