• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fixed Reforged SD Female Demon Hunter

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Back around the time Reforged released, I made this model because I was inspired by the stupid "solid white" morphed form of the SD female demon hunter on the Reforged game. The history of this model is rather detailed, so I'll try to outline it here:
  1. In 2003 during the Beta of Frozen Throne, Blizzard copied the "Morphed Demon Hunter" model and made a female version to use use as the "Spirit of Vengeance" unit, which was later renamed to Avatar of Vegeance during the release of Frozen Throne. You can see a picture of this TFT Beta model here.
  2. Some fans who had access to the Frozen Throne Beta (I didn't, I was a kid) uploaded the beta models to fan sites such as Hive or Wc3campaigns or something back then. I think I downloaded it in 2004-2005, and put it into my map that I always worked on for fun as a kid
  3. In 2018, maybe about 13 years later, while working with Spellbound trying to come up with art for our custom Dreamspawn faction for Techtree Contest 12, I then created a version of the old beta "spirit of vengeance" model with substantial art rework so that it had glows outlining its body based on the male morphed demon hunter model. The glow was fairly easy to put onto there, because it really shows that this old TFT beta model was a modified morphed demon hunter changed to be female.
  4. In 2019 during Reforged Beta, the Classic Games Team at Blizzard created a female demon hunter SD version to go along with the HD skin that they added. However, it had no alternate form! It just had the male alternate form, but with some bug so that it would turn solid white. And so I tried to peddle to Kam at the time this idea that he should use his connections as an associate producer of Reforged to use the old "spirit of vengeance" TFT beta model as the alternate form for the SD version of this skin, because the beta "spirit of vengenace" was Blizzard's own artwork! I sent him the model uploaded herein where I used the Dreamspawn variant (with a different color scheme) as the alternate form, because the Dreamspawn model looked more like a morphed demon hunter due to the full-body hero glow outline. But other than that, it was only a modified version of that old TFT beta asset. Anyway, long story short, my selfish attempt at getting immortalized as a part of Reforged by contributing back this TFT beta asset did not pull through, because Kam and his team were too busy by then anyway (lots to do on Reforged!).
  5. So, then this model sat in my coffers and I sent it to someone on Discord, but didn't upload it for a while because I thought maybe it would be cool if someone officially added it to Reforged. They never did, though.
Previews
Contents

Fixed Reforged SD Female Demon Hunter (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
There are a lot of issues that needs fixing up. Please fix them: Sanity Test
Level 17
Finally Retera, FINALLY, she's here and she rocks.

I know it fits with the female Demon Hunter but can't we also get this as a standalone please ?

Level 6
Awesome. May I recommend adding a version with only the alternate form, without the original DH? Also, could you maybe fix her tail so that it's not floating?
You can do it yourself, very easy with War3ModelEditor and MdlVis.
If you're having trouble can't opening it, then use ReterasModelStudio to convert the model to SD 800 first.

Do you have female version icon of metamorphosis?
The icon is already ingame since it's a TFT beta asset and they forgot to remove the icon. I believe it's BTNVegeanceIncarnate or something like that. I guess you could recolor it to green if you wanted.

I can't open the model with mdlvis, war3 model editor or warcraft 3 viewer, why?
Yes. This model is a fix for the Female Demon Hunter skin ("classic graphics") from the Reforged game, so it's not in a format that works on older patches. Even if you reformatted the model to the old legacy format using Retera Model Studio, you would also have to extract the texture for this model from the Reforged game and convert it to the legacy format because the old game wouldn't be able to load the Reforged texture either. You may have noticed that I did not upload the texture files for this model, because they are ingame textures on Patch 1.32.

Level 9
Good model in general and for sure beats solid white model, but "Walk Alternate" animation looks rather like levitation than walk. Also it would be nice if you would make version without spikes in the back or whatever that is.

Attached is the unmodified ingame model from Reforged, and it has all the same problems, though. So, if our standards are not the contents of War3 itself, then do we offer a Hive download of all the War3 assets in the correct format (to start from) since War3 isn't?

Attachments

• herofemaledemonhunter.mdx
    355.1 KB · Views: 34
Attached is the unmodified ingame model from Reforged, and it has all the same problems, though. So, if our standards are not the contents of War3 itself, then do we offer a Hive download of all the War3 assets in the correct format (to start from) since War3 isn't?
Sure, but we can do much better, can't we? :)
I hold myself to a higher standard than standard wc3 resources and I promote it in the model section and many people seem to follow it.

Level 3
Excellent model. I often play Warcraft 3 in regular 1x1 maps, I would like to replace this model with a regular demon hunter. I'm playing on an old Warcraft 3 patch and I don't have the female demon hunter texture, could you please attach it here if possible. I'll be very thankful. :infl_thumbs_up: