• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Fantasy IX - Hades Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, what's up?

These times, I shamefully deserted W3 modding to develop a program related to one of my favorite games (if not THE one) : Final Fantasy IX.

It's a tool that reads the emulated version of FF9 and allows to modify part of the game. I have no idea up to what I will go, but it can edit spells, enemies, shops, dialogs and a bit commands for now. You may also export the changes in PPF format to share your mod (that's a psx patch format readed by programs such as ePSXe and ppf-o-matic).

There are still bugs/features not working, but I try to make them as harmless as possible when I know them. However, there is at least one you should be aware of : you shouldn't "export as ppf" a change if the file in your hard disk isn't the original FF9 binary file (if you overwritted it with Hades Workshop, for example).
To make it clear : export as ppf creates a patch that upgrades the version on your hard disk to the version with the changes you made. That's why it should be the original version.

Here is the download link :
Hades Workshop
There is also the source code available (though it is poorly coded in many ways ^^' it's C++ coded with IDE Codelite+wxFormBuilder and GUI wxWidgets libraries).

Any comment would be appreciated. Have fun ^^

PS. : I was not sure whether I should post it here or in the "Game development" section. I guess this is the safest place... Sorry if I were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.