• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Fantasy IX Battle DEMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
As announced a while ago in my Project Recruitment thread: I'll release a battle demo of my Final Fantasy IX map. The entire turn-based battle system, abilities and triggers are made by me from scratch. All help I got with any encountered issues and the people who created the used models and special effect are mentioned in the credits.

This demo will feature:
-A single turn-based battle like in my Final Fantasy campaign including an ATB Gauge (Active Time Battle Gauge).
-Character status' displayed in multiboard.
-Actions based on the battling characters, and are chosen by dialogs and sub-dialogs or a multiboard extension. Clarity on this point will be given later.
-A item-multiboard system for the Item command, made from scratch.
-Several character abilities used in my Final Fantasy IX campaign available for you to check out.

Demo info:
-This demo will get you a good idea of the quality of the entire game.
-The demo map will not be protected.
-Just as in the original game, there are some abilities that only target a single target, some that only target all enemies or all units, and some that can be cast on 1 or all units on a side of the battlefield. The abilities in the last case allow the player to choose themselves if they want to cast on all units or a single target. See controls for more info.

Controls:
Field:
-It is yet unknown what kind of controls the field will contain. This can be either arrow-key movement or the Warcraft 3 default movement control (with the mouse).
-It is however known that opening the menu will be possible by clicking the menu hero button, which will be available at any time the menu is allowed to be opened.
Battle: (From the moment the ATB bar of 1 of your characters is full)
-A dialog will appear for the character when his/her ATB bar is full. The available commands depend on the character and it's conditions.
-When a dialog button has sub-options, they will be shown in a new dialog.
-After choosing an action, you usually will have to choose a target.
-->Down arrow key = Next target
-->Up arrow key = Previous target
-->Left arrow key = Cancel targeting (returning to last shown dialog)
-->Right arrow key = Confirm target (performs action chosen before)
--->If the Next target button is pressed when at the last target on 1 side, you will target all units on that side. Same for Previous target button, but then reversed. (Only works for spells that can target both single units as well as all units on 1 side)

The above mentioned information may change in time. A post will be placed when this post is edited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.