• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Final Fantasy Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL FANTASY BATTLE
Created by Tirlititi

Download
Click here to download the map.

Map Info:

This map is an Arena on the theme of Final Fantasy. You could tell me "Waow, such an original idea :hohum:" and you would be right of course :thumbs_up:. This arena essentially differs from the others by the fact you can choose the team setups (from FFA to 6v6). This way, there is no home regions and you have to travel even for find a shop.

This map is unprotected and I don't want to protect it for 2 reasons :
If someone want to edit and improve it when it will be in final version, I don't see why he couldn't do so.
Despite few functions' name are in french, it could be a good way to learn jass. I've a lot learned by watching other's work and I think it's a good practice.

Features:

Heroes

The Hero is your main unit. You have to train him so he can own the enemies' ones. Heroes of type Caster have 24 spells while the others have only 8 spells. Anyway, strength is the attribut which boost your attack's damages.
To learn spells, you first have to buy an item in which the spell is and then beat creeps and gain AP for master it.
Spells need an ATB gauge to be full for being cast. That gauge is invisible but you can see its fill speed in the scoreboard (its speed increases with your hero's agility). That system prevents a hero from casting several spells too fast and you'll have to give priorities to some spells.

Classes

Dragoon : A strength type class specialized into charging enemies. A strength type class specialized into charging enemies. He has signifiant HPs and attack. His main spells are Ryuken and Call Wyvern, which can give both mobilities and allows him to pass through obstacles. Most of his spells are boosted by strength.

White Mage : A caster type class specialized in healing spells. A White Mage can also inflicts positive or negative status like Haste, Silence or Stop. As Dragoons, she has an excellent mobility thanks to her spell of middle range Teleport that also allows her to dodge some spells.

Black Mage : A caster type class specialized in elements and attack magics. He has a lot of damage dealing spells so he always has one ready to cast. He can also inflicts some negative status and his spell Death, if succed, immediately kills his target.

Thief : A fast hero specialized in treacherous attacks. He can steal items to his opponents and become invisible. His low HP is compensated by his ability to have few money issue and so buy a good stuff which increases his spells power.

Warrior/Knight : Not yet implemanted...
Summoner : Not yet implemanted...
Blue Mage : Not yet implemanted...

Menu

Heroes can access to a Menu with the corresponding ability. When he goes in menu, he is replaced in the battle field by a dummy that attacks nearest enemies. The Menu has 2 uses :
• You can manage your passive skills by (de)activate them with their circle of power.
• You can stock up to 30 pieces of equipments and manage them (or sell them).

Equipments

There are 6 different pieces of equipment : Weapons, Helms, Gauntlets, Armors, Shields and Accessories. You only can wear one piece of the same type. If you try to pick up an equipment you already have, it'll be send to your menu instead. Mainly : Weapons are customized for each classes and increase their main attribut, Helmets increase magic resistance, Gauntlets increase strength, Armors increase elements resistance, Shields increases physical defence and accessories has several effects. Merchants are placed all over the map to sell equipments.

Items

Items are mainly consumables that provide heal or cure negative status. They are dropped by creeps and do not need ATB gauge so you can use them quickly. In order to use a consumable, you have to select it whit the command "![Name ou N°]" then throw it with the Item ability. Since items are the only way to heal HP or MP in early game, they are essential.

Passive Skills

Passive Skills allow to use Limits (see further) and provide passive attributs. The ways to unlock them and their effects are varied (you can see them with the "-info" command). They need Magic Stones to be activated, so you can't use them all at the same time. Magic stones are obtained with levels.

Limits

Limits are special attacks that can be used when you are low HP (you sometime need to be low MP too). They don't cost MP and often has a fast cooldown but they also often let your hero unprotected while he casts it. When you cast a Limit, you can increase its power by doing some actions specific to your class (eg.: click on invisibles abilities button or press 2 keys alternately...). You can change your current Limit by activate skills in the Menu but more powerfull is the Limit, more Magic Stones it requires.

Elements

Elements allow to increase, decrease or absorb magic attacks. The White Magic Scan displays the elements affinities. Here is the list of elements :

Fire -> Efficient against Ice monsters and Undeads. Bonus in Summer.
Ice -> Efficient against Fire monsters and Gigants. Bonus in Winter.
Thunder -> Efficient against Water monsters. Bonus on water.
Water -> Efficient against Thunder monsters. Bonus on water.
Light -> Efficient against Shadow monsters and Undeads. Bonus during day.
Shadow -> Efficiant against Light monsters and Humans. Bonus during night.

Additionally, there are non-elemental magics, physical attacks and special attacks (that are not reduced at all).

Status

Status are like Warcraft's Buffs. Here is the list :

Negative Status
Poison -> Periodically inflicts non-elemental damages based on the target's HP max.
Venom -> Same as Poison but more powerfull and also dealing MP damages.
Slow -> Slows the ATB and attack speed.
Stop -> Stops all movements during few seconds.
Petrify -> Stops the target. When the status end, the target will recover all the lost HP if he survived.
Sleep -> Stops the target and empty his ATB gauge. If the unit is physically attacked, he wakes up.
Immobilize -> Blocks the target. He still can attack or use spells but not move.
Confuse -> Makes the target to do illogical actions.
Silence -> Disables the spell uses.
Blind -> Decreases the attack accuracy.
Zombie -> Reverses the effect of healing items and spells.
Curse -> Disables AP gain and the use of Limits.
Berserk -> Two-edged status : increases physical attack but the target will attack over and over. It's also harder to run away.

Positive Status
Regen -> Periodically restores HP based on target's HP max.
Haste -> Increases the ATB and attack speed.
Reflect -> Reflects most of spells on a random target enemy around you (if there is none, the spell normally aplies its effect).
Protect -> Increases physical defense.
Shell -> Increases magic resistance.
Catalysis -> Elements are twice effectives on the target.
Null[elements] -> Protects against 2 elements. With Catalysis, you absorb them instead.
Invisibility -> Makes the target invisible so untargetable. If he is damaged or healed by any way, he looses his invisiblity.
Auto-Life -> Cancels the next death of the target and gives 50% HP back.

Some of those status cancel each other, like Poison and Regen.

Commands

Game Commands are quiet important. They are listed in the quests (F9). Here is the list of commands ([Item] means you have to type the name or number of the item - "1" or "Potion", for instance) :

-tp -> Teleport you hero to a weak creep area. This command is usable only when your hero is dead and has a limit of 2 uses by deaths.
-item -> Show the list of consumables you got.
-sell [Item] [Quantity] -> Sell items.
![Item] -> Select the corresponding item.
! -> Select the most needed item.
-info [Skill number] -> Display informations on the passive skill. If no figure is given, it displays informations on all your class skills.
-AP -> Show the spells you are currently learning and the AP you need for master them.
-Unstuck -> Quickly unstuck from unpathable terrain if you found yourself unluckily blocked.

Creeps

Creeps are the main Gold, Exp and AP providers. They automatically repop when one of them is killed. Several have special abilities that have effect on the terrain : this makes that, in early game, some regions are hard to reach and ways are created later. There also will be bosses.
Several time in the game, creeps will be replaced by more powerfull creeps in all the arenas (I think I won't put a lot of stages - like 3 or 6).

Screenshot :

A little screenshot of the whole terrain. The map is 256x160.
FFBScreenshot12829947.png

This map was originally an RPG and that was the main city.
FFBattleEV112872384.jpg

A fallen city.
FFBattleEV212872384.jpg

Gigentuar is the most powerful monster for now.
FFBattleIG112872385.jpg

A Black Mage's spell : Death.
FFBattleIG212872385.jpg

A limit used in the middle of the fight.
FFBattleIG312872386.jpg

The passive skill system.
FFBattleIG412872386.jpg

Credits:

Model Black Hole by WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Model Cactuar by tee.dubs
Model AltarOfLight by Mc !
Icon Steel Dagger by CRAZYRUSSIAN

notes:

As you see, I don't use a lot of imported models and I definitively don't want to use models of famous guys in FF. I'm more interested by monsters from FF but I didn't find a lot of them...
I've put a lot of debugging tools which include a spell book and commands. I will let them on until the enemy balance is made.
I've made some mini models. They are free of use/edition if you find interest in them (just export them with the importation editor - but remember it only applies to my own models).
Thanks for all the advices that will help me to make this map better.

Attachments

• FF Battle BETA.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
A little bump.

I made the first merchants and items, created some limits and passive skills, the command "-info" has changed, added creeps and terrain, etc...

I don't think you can find any bug at least in solo mode (except with the victory/defeat conditions which is at its begining). I usually care about it.
But if you have suggestions, they are welcomed.

Eldubs said:
Tested, and i had NO idea what to do! How to use items how to get skills! The commands in the start might not be memorisable!
Seriously, the system is complicated and it is the point. But just read my first post or even the quests in-game and it will be fast to understand...
The commands in the start are only test tools. You don't need to use them to play.

I just can't imagine you tested it more than 5 minutes without looking the quests or without wandering what the peon's icon could do... I don't speak about using items which is all explained on the tooltip of the command "Item".

The terrain is big, that could be a problem but I will surely add some tricks to stimulate PvP fights. Also, the most of time would be spent to fight creeps in my mind.

Thanks for report anyway. But really, I spread the informations about how to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.