• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Runescape - Version Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Gday my fella, it is i again.
It was a long time since i last played Runescape, but im still fan, even when i STUDY wow. And because of obvisious reasons like Awesome editor and great models, i decided to make a Runescape in Warcraft. At least by the combat side. Also, MAX level for any skill is 99, Except Dungeoneering, the latest release. for level 2 you need 83 experience, and for 99... 13 milion.
you start with all skills on 1, instead of HP- 10, because you would die quickly. because of this, you start with combat lvl 3.
Runescape?

If you played RS, you may know that there are 25 skills, like Attack, Strength, Farming and other stuff. I dont mind Non-combat skills because they wont be so needed, but main problem is COMBAT. there are 8 combat skills, and most of them are trained by one thing. Killing monsters. And, combat level is max 138, with all combat skills on 99. Skills like Strenght increases combat greatly, while skills like Prayer only by 5-6 on 99. To train Attack, you need to change attack type. When you train Attack, you dont get strength XP, and so on. Every 10 HP you hit to enemy, you will gain 4 XP. This will be, however, increased around 10 times, because it takes... more than a month to get level 138. Also, you get HP xp always, even with attack type on. But 2 times less.
And, for newbies:

Attack - increases chance to hit, and allows you to wield better weapons.
Strength - Increases damage. Every 5 levels, i bonus damage. Max hit is 70, with best weapons. Also is required for weapons like Maul and Halberd.
Defense - Like attack, increases chance to block and decreases damage done, and allows to wear better armor.
HITPOINTS - Every level, increases HP by 10. MAX hp it 990. Before update, it was 99 and you hit 10 times less, but now you can hit 75 instead of 7-8. Also, its great because weapons will add you 75 damage, not 7,5 whats imposible. You start with 100 HP.
Prayer - trained by burying bones. Higher prayer allows you to use prayers to boost skills, hp regeneration or even protection from melee attacks. (only againist monters, of course).
Ranged- Increases Bow and Crossbow skill, allows new weapons to be worn.
Magic - allows you to cast spells, from Combat ones to Teleports. Also can be switched to Ancient and Lunar Magicks. Magic, requires RUNES, not MANA. If it will be possible, you will have some runes in inventory and you will use them for spells, or something.
Summoning - Allows you to summon monsters to battle. Monsters have abilities that can boost your skill or deal damage, and some have inventory space.

However, its most likely impossible to create such a stuff even here. So i decided to make a critical change. Prayer, Ranged, Magic and Sumoning wont be combat spells. And max level will be 99. Attributes, known as Strenght, agility and Inteligence will be changed to Attack, Strength and Defense.

You start with level 1, and 100 HP. You can change attack type to change what level you will train, and when you will get level with Attack type on, you will gain 1 Attack attribute and your level will be set to 1, again. If your attributes will be divideable by 3, final value will be your level. so:

You start with 1 of each attribute. You slay monster, gain 1 level with
attack type ON and you will get level 2. Your level will be reset to 1, and 1 attack attribute will be added. now, 2 attack + 1 strength + 1 defense is 4. 4:3 is 1,3. so your level will be 1. But, when you will get level 4 attack, 4+1+1 is 6, divived by 3- its 2!
Congratulatins, you have just advanced in new combat level!
You will gain 10 hp each level. Awesome

In RS, you have inventory with 28 slots, and 10 armor slots (helm, shield etc.) I would like to create something as in Diablo III map, when you opened inventory by pressing ESC. Also, items will add attack bonus, and Defence. There are 6 types of attack total, and they are:
Stab (melee)
Slash (melee)
Crush (melee)
Ranged (ranged)
Magic (magic)
Summoning (by summoned creatures.)

In WC3, there are 6 attacks, too. Pierce, Normal, Chaos etc. Armor adds defense bonus to each type, and reduces some defense. Plate armor increases melee defense, but decreases magic defense, and so on. Some monsters are weak againist some attack, and strong againist some. For example, Undead are weak againist Crush and strong againist Arrows. Makes sense. Also, weapons requires attack skill to be worn. You can wear bronze and iron stuff at start, and Dragon or Godwars armor at 60-70.

As i said, some skills wont be based on Combat as in RS. This is because, its evry hard to create a xp bar and stuff for each skill, and worse is that theyre all trained by the same thing (except for prayer and sumoning, but you need to kill monsters to gain items for sumoning). But, maybe i will change it, so Attack will be Attack and ranged, so if you have 60 attack youre good with sword, and with bow. Strength will be STR and prayer or something, and Defense will be Magic. And every level, you will be able to summon new monsters, Summoning.

But the main problem is, how to have a unit with so many spells? In some games, you can click on icon and new table with spells appears, just like when you add skillpoint to hero abilities. Second evil thing is, that there are 50 units to summon, and when you have 2 spells based on 1 ability, you wont be able to cast second one, or only when 1st one is in cooldown. hope you know what i mean.

Phew, thats probably all. If you want to try RS, go on
www.runescape.com
and try.

Also, before leaving. Here are few thing i would like to ask:

-Is is possible to create Level-system as i mentioned?

-Is it possible to have requirement for spell an attribute, instead of level?

-Is it possible to change attributes, so Intelligence will add you armor, and it wont be Called nteligence, but Defense?

Also, future changelog:

First version: With classic skills, XP gain and changed attributes. Also with attack styles and this.

Version. 2 : Ill add attack types (normal, piercing...) and summoning, maybe prayer.

version 3: Weapons, MUCH MORE items and better map.

version.4 : Last changes, and probably Beta version.

Status right now: Im creating summoning pets and abilities, and gathering triggering experience.

Also, i hope i didnt forgot for anything. Say your ideas, and other stuff :p

Last edited:
Level 7
Whoah, i looked for some RS maps and i found only some Betrayal at falador abadoned project, Godwars, however not RS one, and then some different stuff like Castle wars, but thats older than me.

pRo.MAPMAKER okay, and is it possible to change it, that inteligence will give defense instead of mana? but thanks.

Level 5
hey dude :D
woah excellent vision of runescape u got on the first post real neat detail
an just to let you know there is this project on runescape going on an were pretty much about to finish up on lumbridge and there are quite a lot of screenshots in the thread
if you feel like joining up i'll be glad to count u in :D
here's the link
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/runescape-map-157606/
wish ya all the best if u wish to proceed alone :D

Level 7
Yayz
Looks like ive got an Ally here.

Right now, i started creating map of Lumbridge and stuff, for Beta version. Also, im working on Summoning creatures, and i guess it will be completed tommorow. Also, there are some problems that needs to be solved:

HP bars and Damage showing: I quess there are some threads about this stuff, so i will be able to make it myself.

Inventory: I saw AWESOME inventory in some Diablo III map. If ill be able to use this stuff in my map, it will be GREAT, and if not.. ill try to solve it somehow, but with 6 inventory spaces...

Non-combat skills- In your thread, there was something about stuff like Woodcutting, Mining and this. Im not gonna make this, yet, i focus on Combat stuff.

Respawning Monsters and Agresivity : I bet there are threads about Respawn, and Ill try to solve the thing with Non-aggresive and Aggresive monsters somehow.

Also, i might join your editor Team.

Level 5
ooh combat stuff
i found that combat would be an excellent option in the wilderness
and it'll be multi player too
so u shld look at the wild map cause thts the combat part of the map were developing
hmm an u pretty much can skip lumby cause we're almost done with lumby
lumbridge- 60%
Respawning Monsters and Agresivity - done
HP bars- holding alt in game shows an hp bar above all units heads
Damage showing-Done

Level 7
I still dunno how are you goind with your map, but my RS will be a bit different. In classic, Varrock is a friendly city and in Morytania are evil creeps that can kill ya. I always liked stuff like Defending from enemies, trying to hold the line and evade being ovverrun by skeletons. My map will have 3computer players- Saradominists, or cities like Varrock and Ardougne.
Zamorakians, like Morytania and stuff, and
Neutral like Canifis, elves and other creeps.

Every few minutes, small army of monsters will try to destroy temple at river Salve ot attack varrock, necromancers will try to attack ardougne and stuff. In great numbers.

Also, you could choose side- Will you join Zammy or Sara?

Level 7
I was the one starting the "Betrayal of Falador" lol, It was actually supposed to be a cinematic but it turned out pretty pointless. =[,

Just a note: There were already like 50 runescape maps that never got finished... I hope you can take this far if you decide to. I miss good old times with runescape xD

Level 7
I dont plan to make Great RS with Woodcutting, Fletching and other skills but more combat-defense based. I must say that i very liked quest on rs instead of combat, but i played WoW for about month and its sort of awesome when you see band of noobs tryng to attack a city and you own them.

Level 11
wow i have no idea how anyone could even make a runescape map... but ya brilliant idea and hope u accomplish this... its been 5 years since i played runescape... i still like it, but i really hope the way u make it, it will be much better despite map size...btw how are u gonna do construction? u gonna do save/load for house too where when u load ur character u see all the stuff your? but ne way Good Luck :D hehe

Level 7
I dont plan Construction yet, only some stuff like Chairs and Tables :D

Also, i must say that im sort of lazy and i work on around 5 maps, like

Alternative Blood elf campaing- Remember scourge campaing againist Silvermoon? This time, you will defend the city!

Acheron, and 7Corruptions Campaing. I acidentaly deleted my map (only with terrain, luckily) and since then i only add some new units and so on.

Wild Durotar Campaing. Bonus Foundation of Durotar campaing, with more action- prepare for massive attacks of creeps on Oggrimar!

Also, if ill see anybody who will copy my ideas, ill kill ya.

And so on. I solved XP gain, now level XP and so on. thats probably all :D

Level 5
UGH even though i REALLLY HATE runescape i guess im on board, if you can make it better then the actual flash then i congratulate you :D, and i will play it alot, anyway i hope you can go beyond the flash game and make this amazing :D man good luck, the task for me seems very taunting, but you can do it!!!! ill be watching this thread for a while and throw out some suggestions for you,

Level 11
i kind of lost all my maps due to viruses :( so i really hope you can finish this and all your others, mine were really good too =/ but any way... how are you gonna do all the quests? like the underground pass? u would have to make a whole new area for quests that go underground and stuff... man it would be incredible seeing someone accomplish all this.... good luck :D hehe

Level 4
I had this idea like...two years ago xD. Was thinking about using system of maps for each city, shit like that...anyway! When can we expect some screenies?

Level 7
I wanted to make system like in Durotat bonus campaing in Frozen throne, but i think that would be too big map for 10players, and there would be problems with Loading and Saving, i guess.

About screenshots, i have blank map with summoning units and im gonna "collect" information and stuff and until end of July i might complete this Combat problems. Then ill create Lumbridge for testing and add monsters, and staves. i hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.