• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Total xp,hero, lvl remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, me again.
looks like my questions are easy to ansewer, so now something FATAL:

Im making (probably) HUGE scenario, baes od game "Runescape".
and first, you should know something about this skills.

There are 6combat skills, and together they make Combat level. or in warcraft:
Attack. increases chance to hit, in wc attack speed too.
Strength. Every 5levels, you gain +1attack.
Defense, increases chance to block attack and reduce dmg.
Hitpoints, total HP.
Max level for all levels is 99. total combat level is 138, and 113 without ranged, sumoning, prayer and magic.

Then there is Ranged and Magic, but for obvisious reasons i wont add them (ranged is lame and magic are spells)
Also, summoning and prayer will be probably non-combat skills. because you dont gain them by killing monsters.

And now, to game. i would like to make SEPARATE xp system for all skills. Also, you get only 1type of xp at time (def, att or str) so there should be a button to choose between skill xp you gain.
example: in skills bar, there will be button to choose attack type. if you choose "defense", you will gain defense xp and no str/attack.
also, you will ALWAYS gain hitpoint xp.

and little screenshot of how it "should" look.

also, i dunno how to make that bar to show up, so lets make it- when you press ESC, 3xp bars in lower left corner pops up.

also, about skills. i would like to change "Agility" atribbute to "Attack, and you will gain little attack speed every level (no armor),
strenght will not give HP, but only damage, and only every 5levels. and inteligence will be Defense. this will increase block.

And HP. every HP level you gain 1HITPOINT (1!). and you start with everything at 1 and 10hp.

Thanks for help.
note: ill all more skills later, but this is probably hardest because you get xp by doing the same thing.

Level 6
I guess you can make that storing the exp in a var and then when the var reaches a certain value make the status rise, and for the skill choosing i would sugest simple spells (like roar for example) in a spell book and the use of "IF THEN ELSE", as for showing the exp bars... sory i cant help

as for the bonus of each atribute you can change that in the game constants.

not much but hope it gave some ideas lol

Level 4
You can set a variable with the desired number of arrays and represent each array as exp for the unit/hero. You can set the exp increments by player owned unit event or generic. A scoreboard to keep track of the exp would be good.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I hope your map is not a multiplayer game, the code length could be pretty high if that is the case. Anyway I advise making them integers or reals which triggers manipulate. When a level up is detected (another part of the trigger system) it then feeds back to the actual game and makes the hero stronger via giving it tomes or adding abilities to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.