• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

File cannot be removed by the AVG anti-virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded AVG. Instead of trying to introduce me other programs, please, focus on the problem. The Resident Shield tracked many many files, trojans/viruses/worms.
The most common ones in the list are:
"gasfkyoxtmqjil.dll" -> Reported as Virus
"nvrtm.dll" -> Reported as Virus
"gasfkytupqvbvy.sys" -> Reported as Trojan Horse.

When I press the button "Remove all unhealed infections", the AVG sends all those under-alert files to the "Virus Vault". The only files that are not sent there are the "nvrtm.dll" ones, since it claims that those ones are currently used by another process.

So, I would firstly wanna know how to remove this file,
Secondly, if anyone uses it, what to do after the files are sent to the Virus Vault? Do I need to get there and manually delete them, or a crash over the system might occur?
Thirdly, are those files intended to be functional pieces of the windows or they are pure viruses?

Need help!!

Level 37
After some Googling it seems that nvrtm.dll is indeed a virus/trojan file. The other files are most likely also viruses.

You can try to boot your PC into safe mode, and only load necessary startup files. That way the virus may not activate, so the file isn't used by the virus process, and you can delete it. I've gotten rid of some viruses like that.

However there's a possibility that the file gets recreated after you normally boot your computer again.

After AVG has sent the files to virus vault, you can delete them or leave them be, they are of no harm while they're there.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

You don't have to do anything about the files in the Virus Vault. For files that cannot be moved or deleted, you can either rename them and restart the system (they will most likely not be booted as a process because it has a different name), after restart you delete the file you renamed. If that does not work, boot your computer in Safe Mode.

Thank you guys, but, my Resident Alert keeps informing me for the same threats: those 3 files, even if most of them are moved into the Vault. It keeps showing me a huge list that gets updated every while, with the same viruses over and over again, but the updating part worries me: why does it keep informing me for the same virus, as if they are different files (the directory paths are the same with each other)?

Pyritie, I did google it, I'm not that noob, but if I install the remover of that file, it will contradict with the function of AVG.
Plus, I just downloaded the AVG and since I looked up the "Help" definitions with no answer, that is why I posted this.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

AVG probably recognized the virus as various options because it does not know which one it is exactly. If AVG won't delete it, but it puts it in the vault, and it still shows up as a threat it is because the source has not been stopped yet, so every time AVG moves the virus to the vault, the source makes a new virus file. You need to find the process that makes the virus again and again.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Really, if it is a .dll that is infected and it is certain that it's not something your system needs to boot, rename the file. Something like thisisavirus.dll .. Reboot your computer, find the file you renamed, and delete it. You cannot delete it without renaming it because the process has already started and is using the .dll, if you rename it, the process will (probably) not find the .dll and won't start. You are then free to delete the .dll.

However, as explained earlier, if AVG keep detecting the same file again and again, it indicates that every time AVG moves the file to the Virus Vault, a running process replaces the file that is now gone, and AVG has to move it again and again until the replacing process (ie the real virus that doesn't really do any damage by itself-- therefore it is harder to detect--, but puts in all the viruses it can into your computer) is killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.