• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favourite colours

What's your favourite colour?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I was curious what everyone's favourites colours are and why they like them. If you have more than one, list all of them so long as you like them equally. I do not want to readt about "Yeah I like red cuz it is cool but I like blue more because it is prettier" If that is the case only mention the blue. Also I want to hear your reason for why you like said colour\colours more than the rest of the infinite variety. "Just cuz" is not a reason, it is bs.

My favourites are: Blue, Green, Silver

Blue is the colour of tranquility, peace, subtlty, deception, and water. Rain can give and take life away with equal ease, as well as hide countless treasure and wisdom in its depth.

Green is the colour of nature (even tho a lot of the earth is blue and little is actually green), money, greed (the one part I do not like), and eternal renewal. Trees come in a variety of green hues as their leaves spread open to gaze at the sun.

Silver is the colour of purity, focus, selflessness, compassion, and justice. Silver shines very well when polished, reflecting goodness and radiating faith upon those who view it.

Now tell about yours :p

Level 8
I like all colours exept pink.

Specialy: Red, Black and Green

Red is the colour of blood, life, love, evil, monsters (devils), fire, heat and a lot of things there is doing our lives interesting.

Black is the colour of Darkness, Secrets, Gangsters :p, hideouts, also evil (I must be a demon :twisted: )

Green as Malufa said but it's also a colour of luck, sickness and puke.

Level 14
I do not mind pink personally. I would not ever wear it or own anything that was pink, but I have nothing against the colour. The two colours I cannot stand are yellow and orange, in that order. I am unsure as to the reasoning behind this, I just know that I do not like them and wish I could destroy anything in said colours.

Mastif

M

Mastif

I like the blue because dazing around under the blue sky doing nothing, is my favourite thing to do :eek:

Level 21
I hate the world. It pulls you down, smothers you beneath the pitch, sutured and murmured; you lie in silence - a living, breathing product of social design. It surrounds you. And like a rainbow drowning in a vat of motor oil, you are wrapped in the arms of darkness. But ever so often, something happens that feels so right that you can't help but smile and bounce along the rainy streets, regardless of the strange looks that people give you. What the fuck do they know, anyway.

oil.jpg

[stream:8eac6503ba]http://www.cesmi.org/waterspots/tracks/Track13.mp3[/stream:8eac6503ba]

Level 8
Its an expression, Nightwish. READ A BOOKZORZ!

/ontopic

Black is a color; its the biggest compound color of all, the prescence of all color. White, on the other hand, is the absence of all color, thus making it NOT a color.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Its an expression, Nightwish. READ A BOOKZORZ!

/ontopic

Black is a color; its the biggest compound color of all, the prescence of all color. White, on the other hand, is the absence of all color, thus making it NOT a color.

You've taken a bit of a wrong approach, as black reflects no light and thus has no colour, whilst white reflects all colour. However, black is all colours of pigment.

To elaborate a bit around your reasoning though; the essence behind the terms coloured and bleached hair (or bleach in general: to make white or colourless, to remove colour) - you colour your hair black, you bleach your hair white (ie you remove the colour to make your hair white).

Level 20
Both are correct. For things like painting, ink, drawing, etc. you work with subtractive colour, where black is the combination of all colours and white is the absence of all. Adding a pigment to another actually subtracts the pigmentation. Your printer works by combining cyan, magenta and yellow [and black] pigments to recreate all possible colour combinations.

For light, though, you work with additive colours: black is the absence of all colour, and white is the opposite. Your monitor works by showing red, green and blue pixels which act additively. You might have noticed that red green and blue are secondary colours from cyan, magenta and yellow. So it really depends whether you're talking about an additive or subtractive system.

In any case, brown ftw.

Level 3
Black and White aren't colors...
They are falling under the topic greychart.

[x] Red

@under me: "oh you"? What? xD

Even though they're not colors I felt I should put them because some people call them colors and they are some people's favourite shades. I know they aren't colors (debatable).

Level 9
Black with green, orange, yellow or blue. I like the contrast
///

On the Black & White debate:
Of course black and white are colors. The only doubt may come about the black since it reflects no light(but note the the true black is quite rare and most black we see are mixed with other colors).White however is a mix of all colors(because white surfaces reflect all colors from the light). So it's a color. If a mix of colors is not considered a color then only 3 colors exist - red, green and blue. All others are mix of these three. Note also that even though the computers treat colors as RGB mix(so in computers the colors are 3D defined) in the real life, according to physics the colors are 2D defined(or is it 1D, I'm not sure). Example: the rainbow, it has two directions - towards red and towards violet.

Level 6
mine is red green and blue

Black is the color of objects that do not emit or reflect light in any part of the visible spectrum; they absorb all such frequencies of light

and

White is a color, the perception which is evoked by light that stimulates all three types of color

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Black because I am Goth, black because I am a Satanist, black because it suits me.
Oh, and did I mention I like black?

Level 10
Orange is definitely my favorite colour, I make life changing decisions based upon it. I bought my orange cell phone from the T booth (whose logo is an orange T) and the phone company is Solo (their logo is all orange) and now that I'm old enough to vote, I vote NDP.

Been working out pretty well for me. I say as I'm lounging in my black and orange painted room with my black and orange furniture while wearing black and orange and looking at my pictures of Tigers.

I love it, tis just how I roll.

-Teld

Level 13
Black, white and gray are not colours. <.<

I dislike colour. :/

EDIT: Wait, actually, I like blue. I connect it to intelligence and wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.