• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favourite colours

What's your favourite colour?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Most voters seem to like black...
Don't think about your clothes when voting, think about what color do you really like.

The Color Psychology of Black said:
* Black absorbs all light in the color spectrum.

* Black is often used as a symbol of menace or evil, but it is also popular as an indicator of power. It is used to represent treacherous characters such as Dracula and is often associated with witchcraft.

* Black is associated with death and mourning in many cultures. It is also associated with unhappiness, sexuality, formality, and sophistication.

* In ancient Egypt, black represented life and rebirth.

* Black is often used in fashion because of its slimming quality.

* Consider how black is used in language: Black Death, blackout, black cat, black list, black market, black tie, black belt.

That's not good.
I like black too. It's the best color to keep my eyes rested.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

How can you say it's not good? Every statement in that Psychological Analysis just backs up why I like black; except for the second last, which I wasn't even aware of.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Really, EMO is short for emotional. Though everyone with emotions can be emotional, thus I propose that the label EMO should be applied to people who are excessively emotional.

As for colours in relevance to fashion, I believe an EMO would dress up a lot like a Punker, lots of screaming colours, like lime green and pink. Black, on the other hand, is commonly associated with either formal fashion or Goths - though black is a colour almost everyone wear now and then, I guess Goths are the ones who purposefully wear mainly black clothes at all times.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Said what exactly? D:

<headbangs joyfully>

There is a plan for everything.. EVERYTHING!

Level 14
MAGENTA is the best color known to man, i'm thoroughly insulted that this list of (fail) colors lacks that one "god among colors"
A plain outrage to anyone who knows the awesome sight of extreme amazing fatality, that is the color Magenta.

P.s THIS WAS A TROLL.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

MAGENTA is the best color known to man, i'm thoroughly insulted that this list of (fail) colors lacks that one "god among colors"
A plain outrage to anyone who knows the awesome sight of extreme amazing fatality, that is the color Magenta.

P.s THIS WAS A TROLL.

You really shouldn't state the obvious, makes it all the more likely that you're not trolling, but actually quite fond of magenta.

Level 3
Orange and Black!

Orange: Because it got imo a godly look/glow without being to "shiny"
Black: Because i get stressed by "shiny" colors and black is a good to everything color ( exept for weddings :p )

Level 6
And that discounts black or white as someones favorite color? Just because black is technically the absence of color doesn't mean you can't find desirable as something to look at.

Hes saying that black can't be your favorite color cause it isn't a color? idk

Poor burgendy, biege and violet, seems like their on average the least favorite colors here, even brown beat them out

is that racist?

Level 24
I just realised that "RAINBOW" isn't in the poll. Any and all opinions expressed in this thread are now invalid.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

OK, time to clarify; BLACK as in the absence of colour is not achievable. You cannot possibly own a clothing that is entirely black. The black in this poll is extremely dark grey. As far as I am aware, it counts as a colour, because you can colour items with it.

Level 6
OK, time to clarify; BLACK as in the absence of colour is not achievable. You cannot possibly own a clothing that is entirely black. The black in this poll is extremely dark grey. As far as I am aware, it counts as a colour, because you can colour items with it.

Who cares if you cant achieve black? the poll says black not very dark gray. In a sense its just a figurative color? Some thing that can't be done possibly, but were still talking about black. Who cares if you can't make it we can take a very good guess at what it looks like -> BLACK regardless its not color because it is the absence of all colors so it shouldn't be in the poll.

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SPELL COLOR -> COLOUR = BAD

OFFTOPIC: on a side note - are you saying we're wrong in spelling colour the way our country spells it, not everybody spells the american way and we're entitled to spell they way we want.

ONTOPIC: I've now decided that I also like beige, shame I can't vote again. :p

I don't know why but I have loads of beige stuff which I finnaly noticed, I also noticed most the cloths I wear are either light brown/biege or brown.

You realize you are in the presence of Europeans and Australians here, and they spell color colour right? I really don't care how other people spell it, I spell it color because thats how its commonly spelled where I'm from, and they spell it colour for the same reasons. You get the point so why bother flaming?

is that racist?

I said brown, I did not say that all people with skin darker then mine must die. I said brown was beating them out because often people prefer bright primary colors (exception being black which has a huge fan base (DOUBLE PARENTHESIS: Of course when I say people prefer bright colors, I mean on average you will find that large numbers of the population prefer bright colors, I do not mean that YOU like bright colors the best).

I just realised that "RAINBOW" isn't in the poll. Any and all opinions expressed in this thread are now invalid.

Rainbow is not a color in itself, rainbow is Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo and Violet arranged in the spectrum of colors. Surely of the 7 you have preference of one?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Who cares if you cant achieve black? the poll says black not very dark gray. In a sense its just a figurative color? Some thing that can't be done possibly, but were still talking about black. Who cares if you can't make it we can take a very good guess at what it looks like -> BLACK regardless its not color because it is the absence of all colors so it shouldn't be in the poll.

The point is that when we talk about black (in this context), we do not talk about the absence of colour. Oh, and the best guess of what it looks like is simply that it looks like nothing because it reflects nothing that our eyes can register.

Level 24
Rainbow is not a color in itself, rainbow is Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo and Violet arranged in the spectrum of colors. Surely of the 7 you have preference of one?
RAINBOW :mad:

Level 21
True...
But colors cannot be shiny.
Happy, idiot and homosexual are used to describe people, but shiny to describe materials and bright for colors or materials. (And that was about colors, which shiny cannot describe!)
(Thus resulting that the comparison makes no sense)

Level 13
The comparison makes sense because the majority of Earth's human population is damn stupid. Therefore, at a guess, less than 25% of it actually knows how to use its own language properly.

By extension, trying to correct them is fairly pointless. Besides, to be honest, describing a colour as "shiny" is fair. There are worse mistakes at hand.

Level 21
TwistedImage said:
The comparison makes sense because the majority of Earth's human population is damn stupid. Therefore, at a guess, less than 25% of it actually knows how to use its own language properly.

By extension, trying to correct them is fairly pointless. Besides, to be honest, describing a colour as "shiny" is fair. There are worse mistakes at hand.

Indeed, but, if you would've looked closer at my post, you'd know it does NOT make sense because of what it describes, not the way it is used!
(But shiny was used wrong here, too)

I wonder, do people know what are they saying in christmas carols?
Do you know the the refrain of Deck the Halls?
Let me quote from it:
Deck the Halls said:
Don we now our gay apparel,
Fa la la, la la la, la la la.
Troll the ancient Yule tide carol,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
The carol obviously referes to happy-looking clothes (bright and nice colors), not homosexual clothes.

But this is really awkward and off the topic.

Ok, ok, bright. Satisfied?

Satisfied.
:xxd:

I did read your posts, it seemed like s4nj was using gay to describe colors (replace by Shiny or something) - if he didn't originally use that context, then twisted image brought up the adjective gay. Maybe I just misread everything, but I just think dubbing certain colors "gay" is dumb way to go about something like this.

But whatever, no need to argue

Status
Not open for further replies.