• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Favorite Star Wars Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Yep. Jango was weird though. I'd have liked for him to live through Episode II, to die in Episode III, just like Boba, except not really because Boba survived.

But yeah, I didn't like just being introduced to a character and having him die on me all in the same movie. Except Maul, I can live with that.

Level 15
Yeah, but Jango only had 2 reasons to be in the movie.

One, show you where Boba comes from and how he became a Bounty Hunter. (Which is only important for the EU really).
Two, show you how badass the clones were and where they came from.

It wasn't really necessary for him to stick around. I think a lot of people made the connection that Jango Fett was Boba Fett's father.

Level 15
The Kamino cloning techniques are similar to the Tlelaixu ghola-making techniques in Dune.

They take the women and turn them into giant tanks. Then they input the DNA and out-comes the clone...or ghola. So technically, he did have a mother. The only real difference was that the Kamino women didn't turn into the Honored Matres and lead a crusade around the universe...

Where do you think Lucas got a lot of his inspiration from?

Level 14
In the Star Wars (holy crap I wrote Craft instead of wars..) Universe it's not like that.

There were no women involved in the cloning process. Which is why there's a debate in among Star Wars fans (like brad >.>) whether or not to call Boba Fett, Jango's son. Because for him to be a "father" then there needs to be a mother, but there isn't, Boba's only an unaltered clone.

Jango refers to him as his son, so most people do, but still there's debate.

And about Anakin coming back as a Force Ghost, I think saying he was so powerful he was able to come back is a B.S. excuse for a plot hole that they missed.

Level 15
There were no women involved in the cloning process. Which is why there's a debate in among Star Wars fans (like brad >.>) whether or not to call Boba Fett, Jango's son. Because for him to be a "father" then there needs to be a mother, but there isn't, Boba's only an unaltered clone.
Can you prove this?

Level 15
George Lucas admitted taking many things from Dune:

Tatooine = Dune
The "Force" = Wierding Way
The "Jedi Mind Trick" = the "voice"
X-Wing = Ornithopter

I was just inferring that it was, it may not. I'm asking him if he can prove that though.

Level 14
Can you prove this?

Yes, only Jango Fett's DNA was ever used in the cloning process. It's said several places.

There is no mention, anywhere in the canon, of any woman (or women) being present or used for the cloning.

Albeit the Kaminoans never reveal their cloning techniques, so sure there's a possibility, but it's not probable.

EDIT: The idea of cloning is not solely from Dune, but I agree that he could have taken it from there.

Level 15
Nono, you mistake the method.

They don't "mix DNA". They simply use them as a tank to grow the clone. It's not like they're actually making a child when they do it.

In Dune they did it and they could basically clone people, so obviously the method could be used in Star Wars.

Level 14
They never explain it, so it's plausible. There's just no evidence to support or deny the claim :/

Level 21
I don't know if this count but in BF2 Empire stopped using clones cloned from Fett because of the Kamino "Clone Rebelion" so they started to use different chosen people for cloning.
The rebelion was made by Empire secret so people wouldn't ever find out that clones were against emperor.
Sorry for bad english.

Level 36
WOW, we so ran over the theme. This thread is called: Favorite Star Wars character, not... man, so many other things. OK, most were for General Grievus and For Darth Vader. Grievus would have pwned Darth Vader if they would fight.

Not a chance. Vader would crush his organs using the Force before Girevous could even pull out his lightsabers.

As for Boba being his son. Yes. He may be an exact replica, but Jango raises him as his son, and because of the appropriate age difference, that works.

Technically though, Boba is not his son. In order for him to be his son, he'd have to have the X and Y chromosomes of the mother and father. His DNa contains the X and Y chromosomes of Jango's parents. Thus, clone, not son.

Level 14
He was killed by a Jedi who was superior to him in everyway.

I like Grevious, but don't overstate his powers. He was a pawn used by Palpatine, nothing more.

Level 3
hey isnt thier a book on general grivous telling you his story before he became a robot for say i bielve that in the book it talks about him having th e ability to use the force untill he could no longer channel it through his metal body and it still be powerful enought to actualy hurt someone??

Level 13
I read on the SW site he was like a tribe leader. Then he was crippled or something. I donno. I'm SURE brad can explain it for you.

Level 36
Yeah, basically Grievous was a powerful alien, and he had some sort of crazy thing going on. The Trade Federation all but destroyed him, convinced him it was the Jedi, and then rebuilt him as a crazy robot to take out the Jedi. I don't know whether he was Force Sensitive or not, but the point is that he was unable to use the Force, and got owned by a fucking blaster in the long run, making him weak, foolish, and easily expendable.

Level 27
I HATE READING THIS THREAD.

Yoda isn't the most powerful, but then he's past his prime now isn't he? As R2D2, nobody can actually beat Yoda. I just had a thought. R2D2 and Yoda are of similar size an uberness right?

Do you think...

Yoda pilots R2D2?

Level 15
Thread for voting: Your personal favorite from all SW episodes. For me, two are fighting for first place: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul. Obi-Wan because he is the gratest Jedi in history and Maul, well, he has double lightsaber...

The greatest Jedi in Star Wars history was Revan; if you ever played Knights of the Old Republic, you'd have known that. His mastery over the Force was unrivaled, as was his swordsmanship, charisma, and even romance skills! You can check this stuff out at wikipedia. I believe there's an entire wiki dedicated to Star Wars... somewhere. Regardless, search up Revan on wikipedia, and you'll find out that he was the best.

By the way, all the movies fail before the awesomeness of Knights of the Old Republic. And who is my favorite character, might you ask? Revan. Revan is the most badass Jedi ever. Period.

Level 15
Revan wasn't the best. He was powerful, no doubt, but not unstoppable.

I didn't say unstoppable- I said the best. And he was, infact, the best. The Jedi from the movies cut through hundreds of droids- Revan cut through nearly millions of Sith. He was, is, and will forever remain the strongest Jedi. Not even Anakin, the "Chosen One", would be able to match his skill.

Level 36
Palpatine actually could be more powerful. The powers to manipulate life and death themselves, that's huge. And he had them.

When it comes to Jedi, Luke Skywalker takes it in my books, as it has been described numerous times that he was the jedi Anakin was supposed to be, and was unmatched in every aspect.

Level 15
Since when did he move an entire battleship? He levitated an X-Wing in Episode 5, and that's about it. The only reason Revan didn't do so was because KotOR is a roleplaying game, not an action game. There are limitations to the engine and such.

Level 15
I dunno man, Revan vs. Yoda? First of all, it's 2 entirely different jedi. One comes from an age where the jedi knowlege is more known and one comes from a more modern era of jedi where the original knowlege was hidden in holocrons and mostly destroyed.

I'd say Revan would win. He's not the "strongest" jedi, but he's definitely one of the most powerful. I think that he would defeat Yoda easily, just because he's so much more knowlegable. I mean, he figured out about the Star Forge and everything, even with it not "existing" to modern civilization.

Level 11
Revan is win. Darth Revan is epic. He would have conquered the whole smurfing galaxy if it weren't for that Malak dude. If he hadn't fired on Revans ship, Revan would have owned the Jedi to pieces, completely outmaneuvered the Republic and ruled the Sith Empire. Instead, he saved the Republic from the Sith, and completely destroyed Malak.

Status
Not open for further replies.