• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Animes

I can't get rid of this poll.

• Oh noes.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • :0

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
my favourites are:
death note
original and intelligent o.o
i doubt that the next season will become this good >_<

elfen lied
very great and special anime =O
a real masterpiece o.o

*btw the manga was first here o.o

school days !_!
wonder why nobody mentioned it ;_;
also a very special anime =D

full metal alchemist
at the beginning i thought it is some mainstream shit >_>
but the story developed o.o
i only saw the anime and loved it *_*

but i doubt another season will come out o_O
the anime has an end where the manga goes on o.o
the protagonists are in our world in the end o.o
there is no way for them to go back into their world o.o
and in the OVA of the movie you saw them in the year 2005 i think o.o
still living in our world (in japan) =O

bleach
i like the characters o.o
the environment o.o
the action o.o
nearly everything :3
but i dislike some things like the extremely fast rising powerlevel o.o
and that the plot of 2 arcs is nearly the same >_>

in general i like supenatural animes which play in our world =D
no overpowered abilities o.o
realistic characters and emotion *_*

Level 34
One thing Ive noticed about shows in general, is that good ones have "rules". Avatar or Death Note explained everything clearly and never broke them. Bleach did this at first, but it just kept adding and adding, and then it starts to break them for "emotional/surprise" effect. I don't like it.

Level 15
If you want a good anime, check out Desert Punk. The dubs were never aired on Cable because they actually made it worse (more swearing, more bloodshed, etc. I know, weird). But it's also good in subbed form in Japanese. It's about 24 episodes long because the manga was cut off prematurely. I think they might add more episodes later because the manga recently restarted, but I'm not sure.

Another good short anime is Fate/Stay Night. I can't remember how long it is, but it is at most 25 episodes. It has a lot of fighting (not like DBZ or Naruto) and plot twists. It's probably my favorite anime, just as long as you don't bring that damned Heaven's Feel into the thread...

And Shaman King is pretty sweet too, but the manga lost it's contract right before the final chapters were written, so it was never finished. I think they're re-releasing every chapter right now in hopes of finishing the manga. So maybe the anime will be finished.

Level 11
Sorry but I'm on terradont side. It doesn't matter if it sounds better on english. The creators meant the anime to be watched in their chosen voice overs. Plus, I just like the sound of a japanese voice with a japanese animation than some cheesy american voice on an anime. It's just my opinion. Personally I also never watch animes with dubs.

Level 15
In the case of Desert Punk, it was re-written specifically for English. They changed a lot of the lines to be more comedic and a lot of the fight scenes to be more action packed.

One case I can think of is in episode one when Kanta is hiding behind the rock and he's being charged by an army. The Japanese sub is "time to run!" but in the English dub, they change it to "Remember kids! A smart man knows when it's TIME TO RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!!"

Neon Genesis Evangelion. why do i like that classic of an anime? cos it is very unique both genre wise and character wise and has some really sophisticated(or really f'ed up depending on your point of view) storyline.

also, i am very old-school. i dont like naruto and all the other new stuff. they are good the first 10 eps and then they tend to drag everything out over 5 episodes when it could have all been done in like 20 min. eg dragonball Z.
for example, my friend suggested full metal panic cos i like mecha. yep. i aint watching another episode of that ever again. EVER!

or they decide to keep running the merchandise and go for their 205th season. like pokemon

or they change the character or introduce some weird concept and the whole thing gets derailed and abandoned without a proper ending. like hunterXhunter (which i kind of liked)

or they have a really predicatble storyline, boy becomes hero, rescues a hotty and saves the world all effortless due to his super cool pendent/ring/sword/mecha.

Level 24
Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, and half of the other anime up there shouldn't count because they started as manga. Also, the DBZ anime has sooooooo much filler material.

Level 24
What are you talking about bare breasts in DBZ? I've read the whole series and I don't recall having seen one.

Level 24
No, they shouldn't count, because the manga versions are always better.

Also, Code Geass started as an anime, the entire Gundam series started as an anime, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Witch Hunter Robin, s-CRY-ed, Blood+, Vision of Escaflowne, Psalms of Planet Eureka Seven, Digimon, Seirei no Moribito (I think), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Black Lagoon (I'm pretty sure), etc.

Level 4
No, they shouldn't count, because the manga versions are always better.

Also, Code Geass started as an anime, the entire Gundam series started as an anime, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Witch Hunter Robin, s-CRY-ed, Blood+, Vision of Escaflowne, Psalms of Planet Eureka Seven, Digimon, Seirei no Moribito (I think), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Black Lagoon (I'm pretty sure), etc.

This is true in some respect, but it isn't always the case. I've seen some series start out as a manga and become an anime and be just as good (The anime followed the manga 99% in School Rumble). The reason that mangas come first (usually) it because of the high production costs of animes. You can't expect most up and coming authors to be able to get the capital to produce animes the second they hit the biz.

Level 24
I don't quite recall the context, but in one volume of DBZ Bulma is required to expose her *ahem* ... thingies to someone. In a manner not appopriate for children below the age of 13.
I'm pretty sure you're thinking about Dragon Ball, and it never actually shows Bulma's breasts/crotch, although it does show her showing them.

You can't expect most up and coming authors to be able to get the capital to produce animes the second they hit the biz.
See:
No. The reason anime are usually just adapted manga is because manga are safer. Anime have comparatively HIGH production cost, with no guaranteed return. Making anime out of manga is just safer.
Which, by the way, does not change the fact that the adapted version is always inferior to the original source material. This changes from time to time when the adaptation strays from the original, or adds its own interpretation (NGE or FMA, for example), but is basically a fact.

Also, more series that started as anime:
Cowboy Bepop, Samurai Champloo, Outlaw Star, Simoun

Last edited:
Level 12
Elfen Lied & Sailor Moon, I know for a fact started as manga. The Elfen Lied manga preceeded its anime counterpart by 2 years and the Sailor Moon manga preceeded its counterpart by about 1 month.

Oh and a lot of Sunrise's anime tend to not be adaptations of manga, which I know for a fact. Their anime are usually great. (Sunrise <3)

Also, the DBZ anime has sooooooo much filler material.

Yep, but the remastered version will cut down on that. Its going to cut down the episodes from near 300 to about 100, with better special effects, renewed voices (If I remember correctly), enhanced graphics and with new opening and ending sequences.

Level 24
Elfen Lied & Sailor Moon, I know for a fact started as manga. The Elfen Lied manga preceeded its anime counterpart by 2 years and the Sailor Moon manga preceeded its counterpart by about 1 month.
My mistake, but there's still a lot.

Yep, but the remastered version will cut down on that. Its going to cut down the episodes from near 300 to about 100, with better special effects, renewed voices (If I remember correctly), enhanced graphics and with new opening and ending sequences.
So no OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND? I'm glad the ridiculous filler is gone though. Like Hercule's apprentices and who knows how many episodes of stupid crap that wasn't even mentioned in the magna.

Level 34
Just finished Eureka Seven. Fucking cliff hangers, I'm pissed that they didn't have at least a five minute epilogue.

Otherwise it was pretty good. Surprisingly I enjoyed the dubbed version, they did a good job.

Level 34
I also don't understand half of the story. What's with Ray and Charles rings? They found them one on Earth, but nothing really came of that.

As well, what is the 'limit of questions'?

Level 24
The limit of questions is the theoretical number of sentient beings that can occupy a given amount of space (or possibly the whole universe, but I'm pretty sure the former) before that space divides itself by zero and implodes. Also, I'm not sure what you mean about Ray and Charles' rings. I'm not sure if that was because I just forgot, or it was cut from when they aired it on Adult Swim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
Renton keeps Charles ring I believe, and when they get to Earth, Mator finds an amber stone with Rays ring inside. Nothing happens after that to explain why it was there.

Level 34
Just finished Neon Genesis Evengalion. I haven't watched the movie yet, but the original ending was messed up. Why are there no good endings? That's two bad ones in a row.

Now I'm watching Elfen Lied. No wonder guys like it, it's just anime tits and blood. :p

Level 26
Just finished Neon Genesis Evengalion. I haven't watched the movie yet, but the original ending was messed up. Why are there no good endings? That's two bad ones in a row.
Srsly.
Now I'm watching Elfen Lied. No wonder guys like it,
And Wulf.
it's just anime tits and blood. :p
It makes me laugh when people call it a 'mature' anime/manga. It's seriously just tits and blood. It's like the brainchild of a sexually frustrated 13 year old. Even the characters and art are laughably simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.