• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Animes

I can't get rid of this poll.

• Oh noes.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • :0

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My favorite anime is "Welcome to the N.H.K." as most of you have realized it's not what-so-ever mainstream anime. But i like it because it has a very interesting sense of humor, and it has a fairly good representation of the world.

Check Wikipedia if (probably) haven't heard of it, it's more somber then most though, and most who are interested in the actiony types like Naruto will dislike it.

A close second would have to be soul eater which is nothing like N.H.K., i like it mainly because of it's great humor, and it's extremely unique art (My avatars from it) it's still in the production though, and probably not coming into English for awhile if ever. (You can see the subbed ones still though)

Level 24
naruto shippuden still the best..next is bleach and onepiece....
The Naruto and Bleach anime suck because of the useless filler arcs, and you'd better be talking about the Japanese versions of all of those. [highlight]Especially[/code] One Piece.

Code Geass !!! C.C Lulu Zero Kallen zomg CODE GEASS
The action, the plot, the music zomg CODE GEASs!!
Lelouch Vi Britannia, the 99th emperor of Britannia, dies.

Level 7
i like pixar the animation really will done..there you can learn values bout friendship,families and humbleness towards people...

Level 34
Avatar was up there so I chose it, regardless of it not being anime. I actually watched every episode.

Other than that, Digimon is the only anime I liked, although I've never watched anything that isn't basically mainstreamed in America.

Level 24
Actually, why are "Other" and "None" in the same box? Liking other, better anime than the mainstream stuff you have up here is completely different from not liking anime at all.

Level 24
How is manga any better?
Well, it's not so much that manga is better as much as the anime that becomes mainstream is generally aimed at children and preteens whose parents have money for merchandise. Not to mention, who's ever heard of mainstream manga anyways? By the time it's reached that point, someone has made a show.

Regarding manga versions versus anime versions, the original is usually good or decent, and the adaptation suffers adaptation decay, unless each is good for its own thing.

Oh yeah, and the American versions usually suck because they're carried over using the FCC's standards. The original Dragon Ball is rumoured to have had swearing left and right, and, God forbid, even blood.

Level 36
If anyone has heard of Jikuu Tenshou Nazca, kudos to you.

If not, check it out. It's all in Japanese, but there are subs, and as far as I know, only 12 episodes were made. I'm on #10 right now. It's great, great stuff.

And I usually hate obscure anime, but this stuff is awesome.

How obscure? The only reason I know about it is because a couple clips from it were used in the opening sequence for Malcolm in the Middle. I did a little research to find out where they were from (The opening has clips from a lot of awesome movies/tv shows/sports matches, etc) and Nazca came up.

Level 7
Avatar , but on NICK (German) is Avatar ended , Fire Lord is in the jail and Avatar won and that are all anime what i was watching , i havent anime channels :( . So waiting , maybe will Avatar continue.

Level 24
Avatar , but on NICK (German) is Avatar ended , Fire Lord is in the jail and Avatar won and that are all anime what i was watching , i havent anime channels :( . So waiting , maybe will Avatar continue.

AVATAR ISN'T A FREAKING ANIME ASDFSFDSAFAFDSFDSFAAS

(caps)

Level 24
Yeah, it's called anime-insipred? As far as I, and a lot of random otaku, am concerned, "anime" means out of Japan. It either is or isn't, not halfway is (except for IGPX I think, lol).

Level 8
Mainstream sucks boohoo.

126_musicpref.gif

Why is Elfen Lied not on that list?

Level 36
Yes, two clips from the show were used in the opening. The shows both came out around the same time (Compared to the other clips used in the opening, which are much older), and Nazca had a 12 episode run before it ended, that was all that needed to be done. Damn good show.

I love Malcolm in the Middle, and admittedly that's how I discovered Nazca, it's way too obscure otherwise. Damn good though.

Level 5
I loved pokémon when I was a smurf, now I'm not sure ;/.
Maybe Pink? anyone knows pink? I'ts a catslave in an I think Hentai series, tho she's hot :)

If Thrall was an Anime I would favor him. (A)

Level 34
Yeah yeah, necro post and all that shit...

I started watching Bleach, actually I watched a shit load of Bleach, and it was good until the vampire or bounto arc. After that the characters started loosing their appeal, and I could see that the fighting was going to go all DBZ with just larger explosions and people going crazy colors. Lame.

Now I'm looking for new stuff. I'm going to check out Hellsing and DeathNote. Anyone have any other recommendations? I like good action, as in quality fighting, not just who has more power wins type of stuff. I also enjoy good character development as probably most people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.