• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Animes

I can't get rid of this poll.

• Oh noes.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • :0

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I grew out of anime long before I finished grade school. Pokemon games, and the first season if Digimon still hold some nostalgia for me, but not much else.

As to everything else, I can watch it, but I don't really care for it. I haven't really watched much of Nazca yet, but it promises to actually be amazing, so we'll see.

Level 26
I honestly perfer Manga better than anime.
Right on, brother.

I honestly don't really like Elfen Lied. I mean, I'm sure it's meant to be something deep and mature, but all the characters seem one dimensional, and the plotline is unbelievably simple. It's just blood and tits. Gantz (the manga at least), in comparison, is incredibly thought-provoking and gruesome at the same time, though the chapters currently coming out are total shit.

Oh yeah, and here's a problem with most anime threads. The people are going to come up with some obscure-as-hell anime, and put it up with overrated crap like Naruto. And a bunch of other people are going to act surprised because more obscure/overrated crap didn't make it up there. There's no single unbiased person who can accurate point out the "major" anime because most people who watch anime are nerds (that's me) and children, and we all know how easy it is to get nerds to agree on what's popular, or children to agree on what isn't overrated.

Now that I have nothing left to rant about, my favorite anime/manga include

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Gantz (manga)
Fullmetal Alchemist (manga)
Death Note
Digimon: The Movie
Fate/Stay Night (the game, actually, but the anime is pretty good too)
Ever 17 (it's a visual novel you will never play.)

Level 26
Digimon the movie was alright, had a way better soundtrack than the Pokemon one too.

I mean, hell, what kind of anime movie has Less Than Jake and Fatboy Slim on the soundtrack!? Digimon the movie does.
The soundtrack was epic. If there's any fragment of my elementary school days I have stapled into my brain, it's the Digimon soundtrack.

Level 7
This vote is pointless...

Pokemon just autowinz cuz....
Emerald-Mudkip.png

i herd u guyz leik mudkipz?

Level 2
I liked these :
Dragon Ball z
One Piece
Yu Gi Oh

Inyasha wasnt bad :p
and some older animes like Alucard - Hellsing

Level 24
Also, I'm sure this has been said before, but Avatar: The Last Airbender is not an anime, it is anime-inspired. Also, you're a failure for only watching Cartoon Network and early-night Adult Swim:
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
  • Psalms of Planets Eureka seveN
  • Simoun
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2nd Gig)
  • FLCL
  • Trigun
  • Outlaw Star
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Claymore
  • Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  • s-CRY-ed
  • Rozen Maiden
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Seirei no Moribito
  • Gundam. Seriously, what the fuck?
  • Digimon
  • Vision of Escaflowne

Inu-Yasha, DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, and Shaman King shouldn't count because they started as manga. Not sure about Black Cat, but it also started as manga; FMA and Claymore did too, but they changed things around (FMA and Claymore changed the ending, Suzumiya had extra episodes, music :D)

Miz

Miz

Level 3
No ending can top Code Geass's.

I agree :thumbs_up:

I think Code Geass is at the top of my list. 2nd place is a three way tie, between Naruto, Evangelion and FLCL

Though I still think Eureka seveN, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam (Seed (Destiny)) and s-CRY-ed are good animes but I have a long long long favorites list as only a few animes/mangas have completely disappointed me. :hohum:

Level 3
Basically most of the anime's on that list. But for one that's not on the list;

Gundam SEED - Awesome un-realistic battles. Dramatic (yeah i like that stuff in an anime). Awesome soundtrack. And awesome mobile suits.

Level 3
I like 00 too but I'm too lazy to read the subs most of the time so i don't bother watching. I might start watching it again next week.

- The Mysterious Cities of Gold (my top favourite since childhood and I still love it)
- Hellsing
- My Neighbor Totoro
- Spirited Away
- Puss'n Boots (another childhood memory that has scenes which made me fell on the floor laughing)
- Cowboy Bebop
- Berserker
- Rurouni Kenshin

Was favorite, but still appealing enough:
- Sailor Moon (even though many people consider it overrated, it's still one of the animes I watched in my childhood and I did have some good laughs in this cartoon)
- Pokémon (the older ones, involving the creatures from the Kantho and Johto regions. Newer series are kinda too cheesy for my taste)

Level 26
SEED became stupid after Athrun and Kira both joined Orb. You don't just give a shitload of episodes of conflict and betrayal and then make everyone get what they want. It's stupid. All the good guys and bad guys became 2 dimensional.

Level 11
Avatar ain't no anime, it's a cartoon inspired by the whole japanese animation stuff. But it's not an anime -.-. I hate when people call Avatar an anime ><.

There are animes in the poll like Naruto and Bleach, but there isn't Rurouni Kenshin or anything, I mean what the hell ><. Even Death Note would've gotten more votes than Avatar or anything like that ><. In the animes said in the poll, I would choose Shaman King and Fullmetal Alchemist, cause they're both awesome. Mushishi ownz too. But the best anime is Rurouni Kenshin (the manga is even better, w00000t). Dude, the anime is 95 episodes overall and I've watched all of them 5 or six times ffs ><. I love Kenshin <33

Level 24
Nbah, the Naruto, Bleach, RK, Death Note, Shaman King, and possibly Mushishi anime are all just mirrors (and filler arcs) of manga that happened first. I'm not sure they should count. I also said earlier that Avatar isn't an anime.

Level 14
I agree that Rurouni Kenshin is awesome. It was my 2nd anime ever (after DBZ) and what really made me love anime.

Level 11
Any anime is a mirror of the manga that was created before them, I know that. Well, in some animes, they make big differences between the manga and anime, while in other, they make the anime exactly like the manga, which is in my opinion the best way to do it. But I like anime than manga, so it's natural. Anyways, my point was, that the manga is created first and then if it gets popular enough or whatever, they make an anime based on the manga. It's just the way they do it.

Anyways, Kenshin was my second (or first, if you don't count all those Pokemon and DBZ watchings on the TV when I was a small kid and didn't know anything about anime then) anime too and it was the one that hooked me on the whole anime/manga thing. I've been watching animes for 5 or six years now, because of Kenshin, so I just love that masterpiece. Also, Kenshin is hawt ^_^.

Level 24
Any anime is a mirror of the manga that was created before them, I know that.
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bepop, Samurai Champloo, Vision of Escaflowne, Elfen Lied (I think), Outlaw Star, Gundam, Sailor Moon, Simoun, Digimon, Tengent Toppa Gurren Lagann (I think), s-CRY-ed, Rozen Maiden, just off the top of my head. The manga versions came second, if at all.

Well, in some animes, they make big differences between the manga and anime, while in other, they make the anime exactly like the manga, which is in my opinion the best way to do it. But I like anime than manga, so it's natural. Anyways, my point was, that the manga is created first and then if it gets popular enough or whatever, they make an anime based on the manga. It's just the way they do it.
No. The reason anime are usually just adapted manga is because manga are safer. Anime have comparatively HIGH production cost, with no guaranteed return. Making anime out of manga is just safer.

Level 36
In my English class we had to bring in an item showing how Shakespeare was relevant in modern society.

A random girl brought in information about some Shakespeare manga. Apparently this company did manga adaptations of a bunch of Shakespeare's plays, with Hamlet due out soon.

Made me laugh, sounded pretty interesting.

Level 11
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bepop, Samurai Champloo, Vision of Escaflowne, Elfen Lied (I think), Outlaw Star, Gundam, Sailor Moon, Simoun, Digimon, Tengent Toppa Gurren Lagann (I think), s-CRY-ed, Rozen Maiden, just off the top of my head. The manga versions came second, if at all.

No. The reason anime are usually just adapted manga is because manga are safer. Anime have comparatively HIGH production cost, with no guaranteed return. Making anime out of manga is just safer.

Not all of them are like that. Well, haven't watched all of them, but for example I'm pretty sure Rozen Maiden manga is before the anime, cause Kirakishou wasn't even shown in the anime, just some copy of hers. Anyways, yeah, there should be some exceptions in which the anime came before the manga (I'm stupid, I know, I should've said that most of the animes are based on the manga before them, not ALL of the animes ><), but that doesn't change the fact that the majority of the anime is based off on manga and not created before the manga or anything like that. But you're right, yeah. Must admit that you're very knowledgable on the whole anime-manga thing, which is very cool ^_^.

Level 24
If Rozen Maiden started as a manga, people wouldn't always be whining for a third season. I'll look it up, though.

Edit: So it did start as a manga. They really should work on the 3rd season, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.