• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite Animes

I can't get rid of this poll.

• Oh noes.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • :0

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yeah yeah, necro post and all that shit...

I started watching Bleach, actually I watched a shit load of Bleach, and it was good until the vampire or bounto arc. After that the characters started loosing their appeal, and I could see that the fighting was going to go all DBZ with just larger explosions and people going crazy colors. Lame.

Now I'm looking for new stuff. I'm going to check out Hellsing and DeathNote. Anyone have any other recommendations? I like good action, as in quality fighting, not just who has more power wins type of stuff. I also enjoy good character development as probably most people do.

Hmm, recommendations, huh?

Soul Eater has good action and character development in my opion. Claymore wasn't half bad either. Full Metal Alchemist was always pwnage (And I look forward to the new series in April 2009) with good action.

If you want some more, I can give you some more.

Level 14
Yeah yeah, necro post and all that shit...

I started watching Bleach, actually I watched a shit load of Bleach, and it was good until the vampire or bounto arc. After that the characters started loosing their appeal, and I could see that the fighting was going to go all DBZ with just larger explosions and people going crazy colors. Lame.

Hmm well the "Bounto" (Vampire) arc is filler. It sucks. It sucks hard.

I actually started reading the manga which is quite better than the anime. And comes out faster (duh).

Now I'm looking for new stuff. I'm going to check out Hellsing and DeathNote. Anyone have any other recommendations? I like good action, as in quality fighting, not just who has more power wins type of stuff. I also enjoy good character development as probably most people do.

Character development and fighting? Rurouni Kenshin all the way. Maybe even Gensomaden Saiyuki (which I love).

FMA is really good at that too. Though to be honest, Kenshin is my favorite and FMA is around 4-5th on my favorite list.

Level 34
Oh and a big thing for me is an ending. I hate shows that go on forever. I want to have my fill of the show, and then closer. Not this 200 episode bullshit.

Level 14
Hmm.. well Rurouni Kenshin is only like 126 episodes. But the last couple arcs suck and aren't worth watching. So like 78 episodes. EDIT: Nevermind.. just looked at Wikipedia and it says only 95 episodes.. but I could have sworn it had more..

Gensomaden Saiyuki has 50 episodes. But it doesn't "end" but continues in the next series, Gunlock, which I have yet to watch.

And FMA has 51 episodes. Though, I didn't know a new FMA series was coming out in April.

And Bleach, of course, is going well into the 200s.

Second EDIT: If you're looking for a really good, really short anime, Fooly Cooly (FLCL) is the way to go. 6 episodes.

I'm kinda disappointed this poll was nothing but Americanized BS anime-wise.. basically everything you listed is just mistranslated and content-butchered junk they throw on television.

To clear something up, everything you listed is junk 4-kids or some other company warps completely out of its original frame of reference and destroys their plotline, removes any violence and 50% of content, kills the voice acting and warps the lines into completely horrific translations until they have completely different meanings.

Chobits, Genshiken, Jin-roh Wolf Brigade, Gurren Lagen (sp?) etc. are all animes I consider of quality and definitely emotionally moving at some point or another, which is what makes a great anime.

Last edited:
Level 34
I'm kinda disappointed this poll was nothing but Americanized BS anime-wise.. basically everything you listed is just mistranslated and content-butchered junk they throw on television.

To clear something up, everything you listed is junk 4-kids or some other company warps completely out of its original frame of reference and destroys their plotline, removes any violence and 50% of content, kills the voice acting and warps the lines into completely horrific translations until they have completely different meanings.

Chobits, Genshiken, Jin-roh Wolf Brigade, Gurren Lagen (sp?) etc. are all animes I consider of quality and definitely emotionally moving at some point or another, which is what makes a great anime.
I've only watched bleach, so maybe you're right for all the rest, but the Bleach I watched was (as far as I could tell) well translated, and not censored at all. I would agree the dub versions aren't as good, but the subs are just fine.

I think you're a little hasty to call all of the shows listed "Americanized BS anime".

That could also be because I don't watch my TV on the TV. TV sucks.

Level 4
Let's see... favorites that I haven't seen posted yet:

Scrapped Princess
Monster
Yu Yu Hakusho

and maybe Peacemaker.

I'm drawing a blank, haven't watched anime in a while.

Level 34
Hellsing was meh, and Death Note seemed alright, but the quality of the stream was poor, so I'll find an alternative.

That FLCL, sucked.

Level 14
And Digimon of course. But I didn't mind the first season or so of Pokemon, as it wasn't too bad. Almost nostalgic.

1st season of Digimon was great. 2nd season was tolerable. Everything after was horrendous.

And I recently re-watched the first season of Pokemon, just for nostalgia's sake. I sat through it thinking to myself: "What in god's name was I thinking?"

And Gilles: You didn't like FLCL? hmm, it is rather odd. But funny, or at least I think so :p

Level 36
I didn't like the second season of Digimon at all. Really, the first one and the movie were it for me. As soon as the characters switched, it just pissed me off.

Pokemon was a bit more tolerable because it was the same characters for the first few seasons. As soon as Brock disappeared I was like, wow, fuck this.

Level 14
The 2nd season the original characters were still there. They just played less of a major role. Mostly as a bridge between the series, but it was enough. And the plot was alright, from what I remember. It's been awhile.

For Pokemon I was never much into the show. I mean I watched it all the way to the movie and a little after, but it got boring as hell after awhile.

I was more into the card game lol

Level 34
1st season of Digimon was great. 2nd season was tolerable. Everything after was horrendous.

And I recently re-watched the first season of Pokemon, just for nostalgia's sake. I sat through it thinking to myself: "What in god's name was I thinking?"

And Gilles: You didn't like FLCL? hmm, it is rather odd. But funny, or at least I think so :p
It was too slow.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes of Cowboy Bebop.

Level 2
I voted for Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist and Avatar all awsome shows too bad i don't have the time to watch all of them. Your missing an awsome anime, Death Note i just love that anime, cause it shows what people could do with something of that power in their hands.

Last edited:
Level 24
That FLCL, sucked.
You take that back right now.

I'd also like to make note that Digimon the Movie has the best soundtrack out of any children's movie ever, period.
And it had Omnimon. Omnimon was one BAMF. Also, the second series of Digimon was not bad, even if it wasn't great. Later in the series they brought Tai back when Koji or whoever kidnapped Agumon. And that brought back Skullgreymon, even if it was only for an episode.

Level 34
You take that back right now.
I didn't even get through an episode.

And it had Omnimon. Omnimon was one BAMF. Also, the second series of Digimon was not bad, even if it wasn't great. Later in the series they brought Tai back when Koji or whoever kidnapped Agumon. And that brought back Skullgreymon, even if it was only for an episode.
I can barely remember the movie. I went to the theater and everything.
I remember there was a digimon with long ears... right?

I'm going to go watch it now. :p

Level 24
FLCL boring for ten straight minutes? I need to watch the first ten minutes of the first episode again, that's the only place I can possibly think of where anything is even close to unexciting.

Level 14
Hell, I'm pretty sure in the first 10 minutes you haven't even gotten to the black@white manga part. But it has been a long time since I've watched it.

It was all the rage when I was a freshman in highschool... 5 years ago.. damn that made me feel old >.>

Level 13
My biggest problem with most animes (I've seen) is that they usually make no sense to me, and with some like Naruto and DBZ the power level is RAISED constantly and the stuff said is never true. "This shield is unbreakable!", only to have the villain break it immidiedly.

Also alot of animes seem to repeat the same things over, and over, and over again! Angsty, brooding, dark haired, annoying characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.