• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Faded Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody has favorite updates here. I know. The glows are too overdone for know.

Edit: The 11th update. I nearly lost count of them:))
Anyway I'll listen to suggestions and criticism from you terrainers!

Attachments

• WReflectWIP11.png
    WReflectWIP11.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 36
When I said blue lighting for the Moon, I meant blue lighting FOR THE MOON, as in, emitting from the Moon. Light shading is a bit more advanced stuff to make look real good than you should currently be focusing on, I'd say. So yeah, I advice you revise the lighting for the Moon to make it more "directly" toward the camera. And you should put something in front of the OVERSHADOWED part of that large brick-house you added on the right-hand side, it sticks out a bit too much... Or maybe it doesn't, might be better if you just move it a couple inches to the right, so that you can't see the mountain between the house and the frame.

Oh, and, I still think the mountains are a tad too spiky.

Mountains looks Sharp-Flat , try lowering some points.

And another . remove that green thing in the middle , its really disappointing. [Or maybe tinting it darker so that it wont be too obvious.

You might also want to add trees in the background. Its looks rocky empty.

EDIT : Lower the angle of the flares , it really dont look like flares , for me it looks like diamond in the sky.

Level 36
No, you're not, I like it too.

Or, well, it could be less intense, but there really should be something there to catch the eye, as a center of focus so to speak. And, while I can understand flares are tempting to add, I also don't think you should go for flares just yet, as with shade lighting it's really hard to get it right. On the subject of the mountains, I personally think they could be even flatter, and less "rounded." Natural mountain horizons tend to look real flat, the trick is to play with height variations of the closer mountains to make it vary.
- Though, obviously, even the horizon should vary a little.

This is incredibly nice. From my point of view, the far background looked like something you would see on modern graphics.

However, I'd suggest you to reduce the intensity of the light radiated by the window (the ones on the ground), and increase the size of the glows. As far as my knowledge goes, a light's path will become wider as it travels. Thus in this case, the glows on the ground should be a little bigger than the size of the windows (but dimmer).

Level 36
The door of the house looks a mite too dark, I'd lighten it up a tad or do something about
it, as of right now it looks like a big black hole trying to suck me in. And some of the plants on the house looks awkwardly "flat" and unrealistic, mainly the ones going horizontally.

Other than that, the horizon really does have the tiniest hint of EoTW to it, maybe making some of the mountains a bit higher might remove that? As I see it, it looks like the edge of the map is visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.