• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exporting a few units from one map to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey,
I want to export about 30 objects from one map and want to import them on my other map without deleting all my other stuff by importing the complete set.
Sure, I could do it with copy & paste but that would take a lot of time I've could be spending better.

Is it possible to export just a couple units from the object editor with a third party tool to import them directly?

I think copy pasting is the easiest, or maybe you can save your map as a folder and find the o formation corresponding to your custom units.

If you copy paste you can do it quite easily by entering their unit ID's when prompted for it when you paste them into your end map. That way the triggers that are referencing those units won't break.

Level 1
Thanks! I will check that tool out.

Is it possible to open 2 versions of the (beta) editor?
I can open the classic and the reforged editors at the same time but i cant open my map with the classic editor nor can i copy & paste data

Edit: The tool doesnt work with beta editor maps...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.