• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] How Export Custom Models from an Old and Importing them into a new map.

Level 19
So I have created several custom units in an Army Data Map for my Custom campaign project. But I'm having trouble exporting them and then importing them from my Main Army data map into a new Map Im trying to create.

The problems I'm facing:

I don't know which command in the object editor to export with.

And even if I import the newly exported file most of the costume models I've sent would not load into my new map.

Can someone please help a fellow guy out?

Level 19
I have like 20 models I would like to transfer myself no replys to my question either I am starting to think I am going to have to just upload them to my new map the normal way.
I just figured it out mate.

Step 1: Open Object Editor (F6)

Step 2: At the top left of the object editor youll find File.

Step 3: Press File and it will show more options and then find Export Object Data.

Step 4: Press Export Object Data and find a folder place for it

Note: I have tried export unit data, but it dosent work for me cause most of my Custom models rely on MDX files and BLPs. So when I try improting the newly exported file I realized that most of my objects or costum units havent been propely exported.

So again Just press Export Object Data.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can save your map as a folder which allows you to easily modify it's contents. With this you can copy and paste any number of files into your imported assets folder without even needing to open the World Editor.

Also, Reforged is very broken so make sure to create backups of your maps!

Last edited: