• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exporting problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello! I have an issue with exporting data out of my maps. I want to export all my imported files (Models, textures and icons, no triggers). I try to use the "Export all files" feature, but the problem is that it messes up ALL the files I export. When I import them back to another map (which is why exported them in the first place) all the models, paths and textures are wrong.

To avoid this, I started using the Campaing editor and just share files between maps, but then I ran into another problem. When I want to Export the map out of the campaing to edit it alone, ALL the custom units end up screwed! It can't be because they are custom Campaing units, since I created them in the map itself, and yet... their names, stats, model files, and everything else is wrong.

Everyone online keeps saying how useful that feature is, but to me it is only a waste of time. I end up exporting all the models and objects manually (or just re-downloading them) and them importing them one by one.

Am I using the export tool wrong? Is there another way to export many files safely?

Thanks in Advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.