• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with transfer of custom models/icons between maps and campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I created a new campaign into which I imported custom data, models and icons from map number A. I then created map number B within this campaign. Map number B has the custom data from map number A and the campaign, but not the models and icons (they appear as violet cubes). The models and icons were imported manually (one by one) from map A into the campaign, whereas the data was imported using the export feature. What can I do to make map number B have the models imported into the campaign as I don't want to import all models and icons manually into every single map of this campaign?
All of this has happened using the classic WC3 editor.

Last edited:
Level 11
So if I get it right, the answer is "that the path will not be wc3mapimported\filename it will be wc3campimported\filename"? Thanks a lot mate:)
Edit: Problem is, all custom models I put in the campaign already had the wc3campimported\filename and they still did not appear in the map:(

Level 19
You should import them to the Campaign's import manager not the map's import manager then create the hero or unit from the Campaign's object editor.

So when you make a custom unit in the map, it is colored in purple, if you create a custom unit in campaign's object editor it is colored in blue.

If you have done it right, your custom objects must be in blue color, and you can use them in each of your maps included in your campaign.

Level 11
I already had the models imported in the campaign editor's import manager, and the units were created in the campaign editor aswell. I noticed that some models imported in the campaign did appear in the individual maps after all, but not all of them (I checked the skin paths twice and they are fine). It seems that some models just load harder than others (a model worked once and when I restarted the editor it appeared as a violet box):-?

Status
Not open for further replies.