• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exporting Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Does anybody know how to export units/buildings from a map/mod? I was told I should export the models from TToR because I'm in desperate need of demonic buildings and that scenario has the perfect buildings. However, I'm not sure how i can get the models from it because I can't find them to download and it's a mod so it doesn't show up as imported. Also, just to make sure, this is legal right? I don't want to do anything against Hive rules. :)

Level 5
Thanks so much Purplepoot, you're getting a special mention in my map :) Do you have a Warcraft III account name? I'll put that in the load screen.

Ok i got a program but I'm having trouble getting the models from TToR, can you help me step by step. If you can't/don't want to its no problem, I know I'm a noob :'(

Level 40
Well, open Magos's Model Editor (once you have it), and choose Edit -> Register Extensions.

Check MDX, MDL, MPQ, BLP if they aren't already, and press OK.

Then, go to the folder when TToR is, and doubleclick TToR's MPQ (whatever has the .mpq extension), and have fun browsing it for the models and such you need.

If you want to export a file (from the MPQ), just right-click it and select Export. If you want to view it, double-click it.

And no need to credit me, I meant credit the makers of TToR ;)

Level 5
LMAO ok, 1 more thing.. I'm having lots of trouble getting the TToR models out and into my map, the other models work but I'm not entirely sure which skins I should put, the paths, etc. Can you help me? I know it's a lot to ask but you're my last hope... by the way how can i +rep you?

Level 40
To +rep, press the checkmark/X box to the left of someone's rep, then add a comment.

As to checking the textures;

You're using Magos, right? Well, just doubleclick the model (open it in the viewer)

Then go to Windows - Texture Manager

Then you'll see all the textures it uses, and their paths.

Level 19
well weu enchanger has a export/import function for everything it would help you well export models export unit data export map terrain etc

Level 5
Hey do you know how to add a birth/death model to a model? I know it sounds weird but these building models i got have no birth or death animation but there is a model called "birth" and "death" which fit them and I'm wondering if I can make those models "be" their death and birth animations. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.