• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epic War

Do you hate Epic War?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I voted hate simply because of the fact that epicwar allows evry noobish map that is made its a place for people who are unexperienced with the map editor and where they can easely dump all the maps they want. Thats why i love hive a place where your map gets rated and aproved and not a place where you can dump your map.

Although i prefer not liking epicwar since Hate is a big word

Well I will not vote but it will be more "NO" than "YES" if you ask me!
We have fail maps here on THW as well (check 2006/7 etc years when site was without map mod)... Even now maps aren't rated by mode, because we are waiting for new system (Ralle is working on it, and he need time, so it will be ready... well... soon :D)

DEMIGOD, I don't have noting against ya, but if I can ask, why are you creating threads about "Hate"?

[broke="Are we really need this thread or..."]BTW[/broke]

Level 17
I don't get how you could possibly hate Epicwar. It's a free resource that allows the storage of thousands upon thousands of maps, and works to spread your map much faster due to its popularity.

Although there is no moderation on Epicwar, you have many other alternatives to download quality approved maps from (The Hive and Wc3 campaigns being obvious examples). But even then you should simply be passive about it, what possible reason would you have for hating a free resource that you aren't obliged to use?

I personally love it. No offense to any other Wc3 sites, but as a map maker I know well that there is no alternative to spreading your map faster than Epicwar.

Level 12
We got THW & WC3C for tools and models (and for maps aswell).
Then we got epicwar and mapgnome for pretty much all maps (mapgnome got some surprises, it even got a private version of a map which my m8 made years ago and hosted only once or twice :D)

So, i vote that i dont hate it. I only wish that some of the old maps would be removed (or search improved)

Level 11
i totally looked at the poll wrong O.O!

i thought it was meant like "Do You Hate Epic War" as in... an epic war in RL :p haha omg thats funny... o well, but i have no prob with epic war... so easy to post maps on there

Level 28
EpicWar has a lot of con's, but also some pro's.

The site is filled with stolen maps which will not get removed and extremely low-quality maps that were made in 10 seconds.
Especially the stealing-part is a major downside, as I can't stand people who do that.

However, EpicWar keeps all maps intact, that means that you can find some very old classics there, which would be removed at other sites because they don't function properly anymore (v1.24) or because they basically suck, quality-wise.
There's no update-button either, so if you want to check older versions of the map (for whatever reasons you may have), that's perfectly possible.

It's pretty much like any free image uploading site (imageshack, photobucket), whereas thw and wc3c are more like devientart.
imageshack and photobucket contain a lot of crap, but everyone can use it, always.
You don't go to imageshack/photobucket if you want to view some real art, neither do you use devientart to dump your tests on (or maybe you do, that also happens on the hive... until those resources gets rejected :p)

Level 27
EpicWar has a lot of con's, but also some pro's.

The site is filled with stolen maps which will not get removed and extremely low-quality maps that were made in 10 seconds.
Especially the stealing-part is a major downside, as I can't stand people who do that.

However, EpicWar keeps all maps intact, that means that you can find some very old classics there, which would be removed at other sites because they don't function properly anymore (v1.24) or because they basically suck, quality-wise.
There's no update-button either, so if you want to check older versions of the map (for whatever reasons you may have), that's perfectly possible.

It's pretty much like any free image uploading site (imageshack, photobucket), whereas thw and wc3c are more like devientart.
imageshack and photobucket contain a lot of crap, but everyone can use it, always.
You don't go to imageshack/photobucket if you want to view some real art, neither do you use devientart to dump your tests on (or maybe you do, that also happens on the hive... until those resources gets rejected :p)

Well, that's the best comparision someone could ever come up with about the EW and WC3C or THW...

Level 17
I think the poll should be changed... I mean, I would assume that Epicwar did not traumatize your childhood or molest your cat or anything like that, so you wouldn't have a reason to passionately hate it. Kind of the wrong word to use.

"Do you think Epicwar is useful?" would be a better way to put it.

Please don't start insulting either site or it's users.
This thread is going to get closed if you guys continue to do so.

Anyways, if you're going to say a site sucks, give reasons.

Also, read through through the posts i_brg_doom. After doing so you would probably realize that EpicWar isn't meant to have any moderation. It's meant to be a fast, easy way for users to distribute their maps, not to gain feedback.

It serves it's purpose, and does so well.

Level 7
The downside is that everyone can upload YOUR map (happened to me); I then sent an email to take it down and I was surprised to find out they actually removed it! :D

You can find all sorts of maps there, and it's not like Epicwar is stealing from the Hive's or Wc3C's userbase - afterall, they don't even have accounts.

Level 19
I personally don't have anything against Epic War, it's a free resource in which, without it, players wouldn't be able to test their beginner map making skills or store maps, so I voted No:)

Status
Not open for further replies.